• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol If You Drink, How Much?

The thing with high doses of alcohol is that it's still toxic even if you exercice, drink water and sleep properly. You should keep doing those things because they are definitely helpful for your overall health, but they won't really make alcohol safe.

Some good things to do:
- Get your liver enzymes checked (and your liver too if you can).
- Take a vitamin B supplement, at least at the end of your binge.
- Consider taking N-acetylcysteine or another glutathione precursor.

@4meSM Does it count if you take them with beer? I'm kidding of course, although I do that with medicine I have water with me most of the time ;)

@4meSM Does it count if you take them with beer? I'm kidding of course, although I do that with medicine I have water with me most of the time ;)
The vitamin B supplement?
Yeah you can even take it with a shot of moonshine. I think the consensus is that it doesn't really matter what you drink, but how much you drink.
That's not a literal fact but it gets the point across (there are other variables of course, some drinks can be consumed faster, etc...).

But actually maybe it doesn't count exactly the same if you take the supplement with beer lol. I would personally take it at the end of a drinking session, or at least not when I'm already super fucked up.
That's because alcohol can make you pee a lot, and B vitamins are hydrosoluble so you'd probably be wasting some.
Those vitamins won't make your body more resistant to alcohol or anything like that (afaik), they mainly prevent some of the problems caused by vitamin B deficiency which is common in heavy drinkers. For example, in extreme scenarios chronic thimine (vit B1) deficiency can result in horrible symptoms, like Korsakoff syndrome.

Taking NAC might reduce hepatotoxicity though, but I don't know if it has been 100% confirmed in humans yet.

To answer the question I don't drink much nowadays, mainly because I don't find it that enjoyable and because of the covid lockdown, I prefer other drugs.
Probably drank a few beers like 2 weeks ago or something like that.
It's really on&off because just a few months ago I was going to the bar multiple times a week with some friends, though it was mostly because the girl I was into at the time liked going there.

Used to drink a lot as a teenager when I was into a local "party scene", wasn't uncommon for me to split a bottle of vodka or whatever with my best friend or even drink most of it, almost always drank a few beers or whatever was offered to me in addition to that.

I've always been a good drunk actually, never started flights (unless someone really deserved it), never got the melancholy/alcohol blues stuff either. Only blacked out one time in my life after drinking 750mL of vodka and the same amount of bacardi (white rum), I was 15-16 years old at the time. When I woke up in my bed (was extremely lucky to have good friends) the following day I realized it didn't make any sense to drink that much, I think my life could have been very different if I didn't have that realization.

I think I also learned how to drink from my father, he drinks everyday and has probably been doing it for multiple decades. But he doesn't get fucked up, he only drinks like 2-3 glasses of wine with a meal, so probably around 6 glasses a day give or take (likely less now since he has other issues, mostly unrelated to his drinking).
He buys into some of that "wine is good" propaganda, I don't really believe it but he indirectly taught me how to do drugs/alcohol without loosing control of myself.

Last edited:
I have 150mL of wine each night. It's the smallest amount I can enjoy without any side-effects (disrupted sleep) and keeping it to the same amount seems to control tolerance pretty well.

My intake is usually about 8 light beers or so and a couple shots of fireball on Thursdays. And on Fridays and Saturdays id say I consume probably 10-12 light beers and 2-3 shots each night. So roughly 40 drinks a week. I never really drank that much at home until quarantine, used to be mostly at bars.

The bar is a terrible place to hang out, because it's an environment that encourages you to keep drinking. That may have primed you to associate the actual process of drinking with the buzz, which means you end up consuming more than you actually need to enjoy yourself.

Try and change up your routine. I'd say combine the beer and whiskey into a boilermaker to start the evening off, then hold off on having another drink for an hour or two to see how you enjoy it. Try and fill the time with some engaging activity to keep you busy and less thinking about drinking.

Some good things to do:
- Get your liver enzymes checked (and your liver too if you can).
- Take a vitamin B supplement, at least at the end of your binge.
- Consider taking N-acetylcysteine or another glutathione precursor.

I will defo start doing this, thank you for the good advice.

The enzyme check seems to be fine as my doctors keep telling me stuff like, "Optimal levels" and "Don't change a thing!" Who am I to argue with a doctor?

Is it possible for one's liver to be quite healthy for years of binge drinking only to suddenly fall off in terms of ideal condition?

When to take the N-acetylcysteine? Before, end of session, day after?

Your tolerance recovers that quickly?

Mine barely budges even after the 3 months breaks I've taken. Am I broken?
Alcohol tolerance for me is weird as fuck, but generally my units consumed are pretty low compared to "actual drinkers."

I drink a shitload more than most of the "regular" people I know

Weird middle ground I've sort of gotten situated in

it's always in conjunction with cannabis, which actually aids in clearing alcohol (and most other garbage) from your system, especially high dose edibles, which I take pretty much every day.

I'm pretty sure the weed also synergizes with ethanol so well that I dont need as much alcohol to be feeling pretty good

I'm "'crossfading" in the frat boy lexicon

Wouldn't say you're broken but perhaps you've "lost the magic" to borrow terminology from rave culture

Last edited:
Your tolerance recovers that quickly?

Mine barely budges even after the 3 months breaks I've taken. Am I broken?

No, you're not broken I am the same way. I can go five months and my tolerance barely moves. Only time it moved a lot is when I didn't drink for 6 years.

However, I would agree that alcohol does "hit better" if you haven't had any for a few days. It's not so much a tolerance thing, it'll still take you the same amount of alcohol to get buzzed but it just tends to feel a little fresher if it's been a few days since your last drink.

Wouldn't say you're broken but perhaps you've "lost the magic" to borrow terminology from rave culture

nooooope. ;)

In fact, I enjoy it more now than when I first started, in many aspects.

Well, as far as anything to do with alcohol could be described as "magic" anyway....I mean, I like it well enough, but it's a pretty lame high, let's be real. Especially when I compare it to mushrooms and MDMA, my other go-to life aids.

nooooope. ;)

In fact, I enjoy it more now than when I first started, in many aspects.

Well, as far as anything to do with alcohol could be described as "magic" anyway....I mean, I like it well enough, but it's a pretty lame high, let's be real. Especially when I compare it to mushrooms and MDMA, my other go-to life aids.
I mean comparing mushrooms and mdma to alcohol is like comparing two amazing home cooked meals to a shitty fast food burger

It's hard to even want to put them in the same category

I went looking for some B complex and acetylcysteine on my groceries/liquor run (Negronis for daaaaays) today and can't seem to find any acetylcysteine. Apparently they don't sell it OTC and it's not prescription. All the chemists are telling me it's used for paracetamol OD.

Where is it usually sold in your region?

Well, at least I got me some B complex for after whatever the hell tomorrow brings.

I can't tolerate alcohol one drop.

But I drink kava. Can we include that?

54 grams overnight.

Often 60 grams, but also frequently 40 grams.

Mean average of 45 grams per day I reckon. Over the course of a year say.

I went looking for some B complex and acetylcysteine on my groceries/liquor run (Negronis for daaaaays) today and can't seem to find any acetylcysteine. Apparently they don't sell it OTC and it's not prescription. All the chemists are telling me it's used for paracetamol OD.

Where is it usually sold in your region?

Well, at least I got me some B complex for after whatever the hell tomorrow brings.
I've seen it in supplement stores and in some pharmacies. But you should be able to buy it online.

Always make sure to read the list of ingredients and try to buy it from a good brand, do some research on google before buying.

I wanted to buy NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) which is apparently pretty good against cell damage and ageing in general.
There are plenty of vendors selling "high quality NMN" on amazon but after looking into I discovered most products are fake or very poor quality, can't really trust most reviews either because people don't know what they're talking about. Cheap supplements can be dangerous as they often lack quality control and can be contaminated with heavy metals and plenty of other stuff...
Good vendors should be able to provide you a certificate of analysis.

Plenty of supplements are bunk unfortunately, I don't know if this is a problem with NAC but still, make sure you buy good quality stuff.

My head hurts.

Ow...

The cure to this after "way too fucking much" is....well, I know you know. ;)

The day two, drinking away the headache flex is pretty fucking hectic though as it just gets muffled for hours until, finally, another ten pints in, you feel ok again. Though, around these parts, the day two morning Caesar fixes you right up. Something to do with the fact that it's just an alcoholic salad with seafood in it.

I need better hobbies.

Yeah, I'm going to try the health food shops.....they usually have aisles upon aisles of shit I've never heard of. They must have NAC.

If it is of anyone's interest - alcohol was my first drug at 16, drank hard (to blackout) around 10-15 in following year, then started smoking weed and dropped alcohol at all. It is definitely very hard drug. But social acceptability helps also, it's not all harm.