• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

All Jesus said is love each other as I loved you. All Paul said was there is nothing left but faith, love, and hope. Is there some sinister conspiracy lurking in the background or something?

Either that or it takes an incredible amount of self-delusion. So the being you worship causes your family to die and you to lose everything just to prove to his rival that you would still worship him, and you do lose everything and somehow convince yourself that this being is good despite it being his doing (for making the bet with satan in the first place)? It makes no sense.
So a guy online who takes massive amounts of drugs and calls himself Xorkoth thinks Job was self delusional?

Psychonaut indeed.

Misunderstanding the suffering servant is about as helpful as teaching your dog to bark the collected works of Terrence McKenna.

So a guy online who takes massive amounts of drugs and calls himself Xorkoth thinks Job was self delusional?

Psychonaut indeed.

Shit you're right, my name isn't actually Xorkoth. I can't believe I fell for that... 8(

I don't think Job was delusional, I think taking the story of Job as something besides a sign that the Old Testament god is a psycho is delusional. Well, I didn't really mean to state it that intensely and call anyone delusional. Believe what you want, I don't care. But we're here to discuss and I disagree with your conclusions about the story. To me it seems like an unnecessary test by a jealous/insecure god.

By the way I strongly support the teachings of Jesus. Just not the Old Testament or the organized religion aspect of Christianity.

By the way this is the second time you've tried to dig at me for taking psychedelics. We're on a drug forum, it's really not appropriate to judge people for taking drugs here. Are you trying to make me feel bad about it or something? Because I sure don't.

Axe's kinda right. He didn't said ''by the name of'' even though calls is just a slang. You my dude, definitely your fingerprint isn't written on my book, and never will. But look at you, old -- but up there, mind of a? You guessed the word, good job. Now go talk to God, and remember. Don't judge.

I know this is a drug site. I take it for a harm reduction site. Which I take to mean reducing harm, taken to its logical extension would be no harm. I don't object to taking psychedelics responsibly. What I object to is putting drug use before faith while continually spouting pseudo-religious nonsense.

Job was a suffering servant, Isaiah was a suffering servant, Jesus Christ the begotten son of God was a suffering servant (and more). You can't appreciate Jesus's teachings without understanding Job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a drug site. I take it for a harm reduction site. Which I take to mean reducing harm, taken to its logical extension would be no harm. I don't object to taking psychedelics responsibly. What I object to is putting drug use before faith while continually spouting pseudo-religious nonsense.

As opposed to what, actual religious nonsense? :p

Exactly how are you supposed to reconcile the old testament God with Jesus being God. The trinity, taking the entire Bible at face value, basically suggests God has a multiple personality problem.

In some ways it works better from a non trinitarian interpretation. In which case Jesus is just another of God's victims.

The earliest recorded proof of human use of magic mushrooms is 9000 bc art. Psychedelics are a spiritual bridge to higher consciouness that has shaped culture and society all around the world for as long as humans have been around.

Jesus delivered his sermons on mushroom mountain and early christian was just a mushroom cult for amantinas mursica. In the valley of mushrooms jesus mets a horned devil this artwork from early christan days is a anlaog to the psychedelic trips they took and how jesus was pretty much a psychedelic guru meditation master who knew unconditional love was the answer to living this life in preparation for the next journey in the afterlife. Jesus defeated every ego trap the inner devil laid infront of him during his spiritual quest.

Now about the book of job it doesn't shy away the fact that god transcend good and evil in our moral way of thinking it sets in fact that god is the one who is responsible for all but he is a far stones throw from been the complete goodness the christans now portray god to be. God has the capacity for infinite evil aswell as goodness. The physical world is a manifestion for souls to learn for whatever awaits us after this. Jesus died for his cause with a hope the world would change and become a better place than the one he grew up in under roman rule and injustice not for anybodies sins imo. Jesus had mastered the way of love to spiritual enlightenment and that holy energy still radiates through prayer especially during psychedelic trips. Those enlightented masters still shine on as bright stars showing how humanity should live. But alas in this modern era its still a fucking shitshow and i really doubt humanity will ever reach a golden age.

1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
2 “Who is this that darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
3 Now gird up your loins like a man,
And I will ask you, and you instruct Me!
4 Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding,
5 Who set its measurements? Since you know.
Or who stretched the line on it?
6 On what were its bases sunk?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8 “Or who enclosed the sea with doors
When, bursting forth, it went out from the womb;
9 When I made a cloud its garment
And thick darkness its swaddling band,
10 And I placed boundaries on it
And set a bolt and doors,
11 And I said, ‘Thus far you shall come, but no farther;

Again it lines up with everything I said before, the "bet" is humanity wouldn't be grateful if they had misfortune. Seeing as how anyone can kill you at any time, for no reason, it makes since that God is having a dialogue with humanity and how the world isn't perfect.

I can make it easier and be Satan and bet you the same. If God made drugs why do people overdose? Why do people die early deaths? Should I lose faith in God simply because suffering is allowed?
U should lose faith in God because the nonsensical bullcrap far outweighs the
thou shalt not steal or thou shalt not whatever morals that any decent nice human being does anyway.the silly nonsense should be the reason.

...doesn't that mean it's fine - even good - for us to sin?
If we don't sin then he died for nothing.
All of us are sinners be default, born that way. Jesus is the only one that walked on earth and lived a sinless life. He conquered sin and completed it on the cross. Jesus needed to go to the cross to redeem humanity and reconcile us with God. Jesus is the mediator between us and God 1 Timothy 2:5. It's only through Jesus that we can be connected with God and have our sins forgiven and have freedom from the things that bind us up. When you make a decision to make Jesus Lord of your life, the Holy Spirit comes and lives in you. Before the resurrection, no one had the Holy Spirit. Life is harder when you don't have Him helping you. That's why the ministry of Jesus Christ took off the way it did. The power of the Holy Spirit crushes evil, directs you and gives you the same compassion Jesus has.
So to answer your question about sin. No, the wages of sin is death. Sin is definitely not good. It eventually enslaves us and consumes us the longer we stay in a sinful state. Some people get so bad that they can't even tell whats good and what's evil. In the Word, it's refer to as searing your heart. But yeah, that's where sin ultimately leads people if they don't turn away after repenting. You can't serve God and satan either. Pick one. When you choose Christ, the desire to sin leaves you. God washes you from all of the sin garbage we are carrying and takes it out of you. If you truly want Christ, you wont want to sin. (compare it to being in love with someone. Would you cheat on them? Most likely not.
I remember the day I accepted Jesus. Gosh, when I said the prayer to accept Christ , I remember right after I did that I still doubted a little and in my mind I asked myself if all this Jesus stuff was real. Immeditely after that, my heart felt so warm and I was consummed with Gods love. That's the only way to describe it. It was pure love. God took so much stuff out of me that day, I actually felt 10 pounds lighter.
Todd White and the dude from Korn pray with these people it's a short video I wanted to share. Todd had a 20 year drug addiction and God transformed his life.. amazing testimony he has.
1Tim2 5.jpg1 Timothy 2:5 - 2 different versions KJV/NLT

The whole concept behind original sin, especially as Catholics are espousing it, is misattributed IMO.

Imagine, if you will, that you have been on a spiritual quest all your life to find the truth, and then you finally discover it. You find out that all humans are actually clean, and they're just here having a temporary incarnate spiritual experience. Not only that, each person is a different image of God, already perfected, but living out a story in God's image. Nothing is actually wrong, even though surface level appearances say otherwise.

Now imagine that you live in a barbaric era where war, poverty, disease, good vs. evil, and endless illusions are common place. Keep in mind that you'd be interacting with a society that believes it is inherently wrong somehow, and that life is about punishment. How could they not think this, given how totally shit the world around them is? They could live a totally morally correct and upright life, and an army could still come and ransack their homes, rape their families, and kill them brutally at any time; or worse, enslave them.

How would you teach people that their true nature is already good and perfect, and nothing needs forgiving? That life is not about punishment?

You would tell them that they are sinners worthy of everything they're getting -- but don't worry, once YOU die on the cross, they will be absolved forever.

Jesus was the ultimate ritual sacrifice, in a Pagan world that was already sacrificing animals on a regular basis to try and appeal to the celestials to go easy on them. So Jesus had to go above and beyond that, to become the ultimate karma-clearing sacrifice for all times.

It was a bait and switch really. And this deep metaphor has been lost on most modern Christians, unfortunately... especially the literalists.

The Catholic Church in particular can't really reconcile their own contradiction. They say we have already been forgiven on account of Jesus' sacrifice, but then that we still have free will and must use our clean life and conscience to CHOOSE God and not sin... and of course, you can only do this through their middle men. So which is it? It's possible to sin or we're sin-free? Because the two can't co-exist.

Jesus was essentially telling us that we need to stop worrying about being sinners and start creating the Divine life we think the Church and State are going to give us, but never will because they are corrupt as shit.

Dear Bluelight,

When we suffer it is not because God is punishing us or because God is abandoning us. We supernaturalize our suffering and our lives by having mutual faith, love and hope with God, and with each other. We dedicate ourselves every day looking towards the future world to come. We don't believe life is just to die.

Very Truly Yours, Job

All of us are sinners be default, born that way. Jesus is the only one that walked on earth and lived a sinless life. He conquered sin and completed it on the cross. Jesus needed to go to the cross to redeem humanity and reconcile us with God. Jesus is the mediator between us and God 1 Timothy 2:5. It's only through Jesus that we can be connected with God and have our sins forgiven and have freedom from the things that bind us up. When you make a decision to make Jesus Lord of your life, the Holy Spirit comes and lives in you. Before the resurrection, no one had the Holy Spirit. Life is harder when you don't have Him helping you. That's why the ministry of Jesus Christ took off the way it did. The power of the Holy Spirit crushes evil, directs you and gives you the same compassion Jesus has.
So to answer your question about sin. No, the wages of sin is death. Sin is definitely not good. It eventually enslaves us and consumes us the longer we stay in a sinful state. Some people get so bad that they can't even tell whats good and what's evil. In the Word, it's refer to as searing your heart. But yeah, that's where sin ultimately leads people if they don't turn away after repenting. You can't serve God and satan either. Pick one. When you choose Christ, the desire to sin leaves you. God washes you from all of the sin garbage we are carrying and takes it out of you. If you truly want Christ, you wont want to sin. (compare it to being in love with someone. Would you cheat on them? Most likely not.
I remember the day I accepted Jesus. Gosh, when I said the prayer to accept Christ , I remember right after I did that I still doubted a little and in my mind I asked myself if all this Jesus stuff was real. Immeditely after that, my heart felt so warm and I was consummed with Gods love. That's the only way to describe it. It was pure love. God took so much stuff out of me that day, I actually felt 10 pounds lighter.
Todd White and the dude from Korn pray with these people it's a short video I wanted to share. Todd had a 20 year drug addiction and God transformed his life.. amazing testimony he has.
View attachment 178831 Timothy 2:5 - 2 different versions KJV/NLT

U say the desire to sin leaves you upon choosing christ.how do u explain all those Jesus loving priests who fuck alter boys and rape nuns?(nuns get raped by priests all the time it's a thing)
Explain it.or don't.its all bullshit and all the sinning going on in religion proves it.

U say the desire to sin leaves you upon choosing christ.how do u explain all those Jesus loving priests who fuck alter boys and rape nuns?(nuns get raped by priests all the time it's a thing)
Explain it.or don't.its all bullshit and all the sinning going on in religion proves it.

Don't rape. Oh you raped? Well I'll show you; I'll lose faith in humanity!

Here's a dollar for communion.

the catholic Religion is different than a relationship with God. Sooooo not the same! I know a lot of Catholics that are hypocrites. No where in the Bible does it say that if you are serving God fulltime, that you cannot marry. A celibet lifestyle isn't for most people. That's why there's all the terrible things happening in the Catholic church. A lot of the things that they do is wrong. They have added books to the Bible, they believe in a lot of works in order to get to heaven and confession is just wrong IMO. You have Jesus, you don't need a priest to communicate to God for you. You could sit whereever you are are and communicate directly right now. They believe something weird about communion that it's actually the literal blood of Jesus. Maybe someone can chime in here about the catholic communion. All I know is that is't wrong and it's like you are taking Him through the whole crusification all over again. I know it's not done as Jesus has told us to do it which is in rememberance of Him. I actually don't think Catholics know what's up at all... The things they do dont line up with The Word. So, they aren't a good representation of Christ.
Sin is something we will always need to resist. We have a helper, the Holy Spirit that is more powerful than satan so we learn what we have in Christ and use it as our weapon to destroy darkness. We speak the words and it's possible to wipe out a legion of demons. Just the name of JESUS CHRIST is terrifying for the demons because they know they will not be able to stay if they are cast out. But back to the HS, we are all different, the main thing is that all believers have the Holy Spirit that he gives equally to all who accept Christ. It's what you and I do with the power you have in Christ that differs. It's not like I would have more Holy Spirit than you. We fight against powers and principalities and this is fighting the good fight. it's forever until satan is thrown into the lake of fire forever which will happen, it's written that he losses, it's just a matter of time. Gosh sorry I wrote so much..

Got given some papers from a preaching christian on the street idk what type of christan sect they go too but i was very surprised and distrubed at the cult like nature and hate writings they had in their magazine they proclaimed jesus to be the true god and the creator of the universe and that everybody is evil and will go to hell if they dont listen and repent to their teachings. This was the most backward and false bible teachings i had ever come across i read it then threw it away. I grew up catholic never accepted it and it made me resent jesus christ for many years to come til after about 30 psychedelic trips i finally realized and came to understand what his true message was and now have much respect for his enlightened ways. For the churchs out their teaching people some very backward and false way of Christ it concerns me so many are blinded by these false shepherds and coming into religion in a very wrong and hateful and judgmental way.

Though all these misconceptions are easily cleared up by one quick DMT breakthrough and then you become a believer in something larger than this physical life and a true knowledge of what ultimate divine love is.