• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

There's no such thing as "sin". It's a man-made construct to control people. Basically anything enjoyable is a "sin". Bullshit.

That's a bit of an oversimplification, but many religious people do consider pleasure to be sinful, which IS bullshit. To me, "sin" (if I had to use the word) is doing things that hurt other people, especially knowingly.

There are a lot of people I know who simply just laugh at the idea of other people getting hurt. I think it's a rare gift to be able to put yourself in another's shoes to see how they might feel. Takes time for some. Others seem to do it instantaneously. Is that really sin, though, if they don't particularly know that they are doing something harmful? I would have to argue that a lot of people I've been hurt by just don't have that much brain power to do these things "knowingly" but that's subjective...

I think Gormur might be onto something there. A lot of people justify their actions in hurting people by the action being of some divine authority. I can't speak for others too much on this. But the jihadists we've heard so much about... blowing themselves up in public areas to kill dozens of people all in the name of some divine justice. I know I've felt that too. Never blown myself up, of course, but I've felt the need to randomly hit people and the feeling that came with it at the time felt inspired by something divine rather than something wicked.

It takes a lot of self work to remove the angst that's driving your appendages around to whack people. But there's no pleasure in that, in my experience. Doesn't create the lasting feelings that being surrounded by people who love you does.

Yes, our society (and truly, many human societies since the beginning of time I think) do not value true empathy. Currently western society (American in particular) places great value on selfishness and callousness. But even in societies where kindness and selflessness among members of that society is valued, oftentimes those values do not extend to members of other societies. True empathy is not as common as I wish it was, though I think not as rare as it seems in individuals.

My point related more to the Garden, where forbidden fruit could be mis/taken for knowledge. Probably the same foodstuff we call brain food in modern-day language ;)

My point related more to the Garden, where forbidden fruit could be mis/taken for knowledge. Probably the same foodstuff we call brain food in modern-day language ;)

Fruit does not give knowledge of good and evil or produce a moral sense.

Christians and their lying preachers use a fruit analogy to sell their dumned down version of Genesis to the brain dead.

Regards
DL

He died to give us the Word. The Way to live without sin. Thus, dying (ultimate sacrifice) for our sins. Redeemed by the blood of Christ.
WTF!?!!?? The whole Christian religious statements are full of shit and the whole fantasy tale and world which it was greated... Chistians brought the religion to Europe for those rapes and killings full of Christian crusades.

Christianity was not the reason of death for most people killed in its name. Think for example school shooters. Guns give them power and possibly more reason, like christianity did for the crazies who killed, but they are the reason they do what they do.
Though if you read bible like you are blind, well then I have to say lol. Get some fucking brain. I believe in "God" and I dont spend time reading bible.
Sooo... Idiotic sentimentality, use you brain, even the shit thats left like me lol
WORD 👌👌👌👌👌

WTF!?!!?? The whole Christian religious statements are full of shit and the whole fantasy tale and world which it was greated... Chistians brought the religion to Europe for those rapes and killings full of Christian crusades.

I think you're trying to introduce history and politik to mere apologetics. To that end it should be of no surprise to anyone that a religious sect celebrating human sacrifice would be violent. Well typically speaking if you're a power system of any State or Government your track record is going to be abysmal.

What I was saying was Christ gave us the Word. Or 'how to deal with a fallen world'. Bad habbits are outlined spiritual diets are described. Etc. Etc. He asked a technical question about Christ dying for our sins and what that means. He died because of our Sins and the Word is how we can obtain a better world or be redeemed before it ends. (rapture)

just like thanks giving is slaughter Indian day and cingo dimayo (spelling error) is slaughter Mexican day all in the name of god fuck that shit, think for yourself ppl

Fruit does not give knowledge of good and evil or produce a moral sense.

Christians and their lying preachers use a fruit analogy to sell their dumned down version of Genesis to the brain dead.

Regards
DL
I thought it was more an analogy of Lucifer giving knowledge to man of where he lived and ultimately what existed outside the Garden of Eden

How dare you tell the truth.

Kidding. KIU.

Regards
DL

He died because of our Sins

Do you see mankind as justly condemned?

Before you answere, hewre is the law Jesus said he came to fullil.

I have the quotes imbedded in this old O.P.

--------

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL

just like thanks giving is slaughter Indian day and cingo dimayo (spelling error) is slaughter Mexican day all in the name of god fuck that shit, think for yourself ppl

Those who want to think for themselves generally do. Many are called to do so but few hear it.

Sheeple are called sheeple for a reason, and it has to do with their lack of reason and logic.

That is why the lying preachers are so wealthy.

Sheeple were created for fleecing.

Regards
DL

I thought it was more an analogy of Lucifer giving knowledge to man of where he lived and ultimately what existed outside the Garden of Eden

Why?

Those issues are not even in Genesis.

If you were right, then Satan would have reported a tyranny and would not advise us to live under a genocidal tyrant.

She would have advised rebellion against such a vile insecure Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Why?

Those issues are not even in Genesis.

If you were right, then Satan would have reported a tyranny and would not advise us to live under a genocidal tyrant.

She would have advised rebellion against such a vile insecure Yahweh.

Regards
DL
Correct. I got it from the Books of Adam. Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan is the first part

He died because we are a Fallen creature of God. He got crucified in no more or less grizzly a death than any other random peasant. That's how life goes. Amen.

IOWs, you admit that we were unjustly condemned and decided to ignore it like a pathetic immoral human would.

Strange that when the Jews saw Eden as where man was elevated from stupid to smart.

Why are you thinking ass backwards?

Regards
DL.