• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

Do I think it’s screwed up that I get acquitted for my crimes? NOPE! I’m thankful that He loves me enough to forgive me.

Your victim is the only one who can forgive you. You ignore that like a good hypocrite.

Get your head out of Jesus' ass. He said to follow him, not ride him as your scapegoat.

Become an adult any time now.

Regards
DL

I’m saying that without the Son of God willingly laying His life down we would be screwed.

Human sacrifice is evil and God/Yahweh demanding one and Jesus accepting one is evil. Jesus accepted the premise of his sacrifice being somehow just. This is evil.

Those trying to profit from that evil are evil. Do just a bit of thinking and you will agree.

Scriptures say we are all children of God.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended? Because God punished Jesus -- his good child -- for the sins of his other children.

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Do you agree that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral? Do you agree that to abdicate personal responsibility or use a scapegoat is immoral?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL

I’m saying that without the Son of God willingly laying His life down we would be screwed.

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL

The behavior of God makes perfect sense once you remember that we are made in his image. If we are made in his image, then he conversely is like us...

And some people are hypocritical evil scumbags. So why shouldn't God be? :p

The behavior of God makes perfect sense once you remember that we are made in his image. If we are made in his image, then he conversely is like us...

And some people are hypocritical evil scumbags. So why shouldn't God be? :p

I hear you, but how many of us are so vile as to send our child to die instead of stepping up ourselves?

Yahweh goes against natural law and should be soundly rejected for his poor morals and ethics.
Parents are to be buried by their children and not bury their children.

Most of us have better morals than that satanic prick Yahweh.

Regards
DL

I agree with Gnostic. I guess my conundrum is not so much living in the present as living towards the future, so i cannot agree with anything from the Christian Bible. No doubt i intellectualize it, but just can't reconcile; it doesn't make sense to me in an everyday sort-of way
-G

I agree with Gnostic. I guess my conundrum is not so much living in the present as living towards the future, so i cannot agree with anything from the Christian Bible. No doubt i intellectualize it, but just can't reconcile; it doesn't make sense to me in an everyday sort-of way
-G

Thanks.

I think that the bible is a great moral teacher if you read it the way a gnostic Christian does and when you do, you will recognize it's worth.

Hint. Christians read it and see a good god. A Gnostic Christian will see an evil god.

You cannot intellectualize how Christiand can idol worship a genocidal and infanticidal prick of a god like Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Your victim is the only one who can forgive you. You ignore that like a good hypocrite.

Get your head out of Jesus' ass. He said to follow him, not ride him as your scapegoat.

Become an adult any time now.

Regards
DL
Yep that's a typical thought pattern of a religious person who believe god's forgiveness matters more than a humans.its very hypocritical but they think that doesn't matter.its a disgusting traite to have.

Yep that's a typical thought pattern of a religious person who believe god's forgiveness matters more than a humans.its very hypocritical but they think that doesn't matter.its a disgusting traite to have.

I agree.

It all stems from supernaturalstupid thinking and the literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

I agree.

It all stems from supernaturalstupid thinking and the literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
It happens bcoz these "ppl" are brainwashed from birth with these twisted fairy tales with the threat of
burning in hell if they don't go along with it.its a cancer on society in general.it makes ppl stupider than they would be without it.

It happens bcoz these "ppl" are brainwashed from birth with these twisted fairy tales with the threat of
burning in hell if they don't go along with it.its a cancer on society in general.it makes ppl stupider than they would be without it.

My kingdom for a fast way to end all the immoral religions. I grow impatient with the gullible and sheeple.

We should start a movement of intelligent thought.

Regards
DL

My kingdom for a fast way to end all the immoral religions. I grow impatient with the gullible and sheeple.

We should start a movement of intelligent thought.

Regards
DL
}

You sound like every religion ever made.
Surprise! You're a gullible sheep!

Missing the mark. Walking in fullness of His Glory.
For all have fallen short the Glory of God.
What it means is that fortunately unfortunately we were created by a Supreme Perfect Being.

I’m more of a theologian philosopher.

There’s Athiest and I understand your guys arguments.
In Gods Word it says everyone is without excuse. Everyone will own their own sins,(failures).

Ppl say God has a sick sense of Humor.
Well I worship a God that even tho He slay me. I will trust in Him.

I felt the pangs Of Hell and Judgement, like Christ I have tasted in His Death, I KNOW HE IS REAL. My eyes have SEEN HIM.

I didn’t ask for it, had He not shown up I would of died of an opiate OD, in 05.
I own my sins, but a lot of my problems were my parents failure in raising me.

so I reap their thorns.

There is no such thing as hell. People just tried to manipulate other people, therefore the origin of BS like hell and satan. For every mistake, you will pay the price. Karma is a reality but I do not know how to prove this understanding to others.

There is no such thing as hell. People just tried to manipulate other people, therefore the origin of BS like hell and satan. For every mistake, you will pay the price. Karma is a reality but I do not know how to prove this understanding to others.

That is impossible to prove when there are so many exceptions to the rule. Trump is proof that karma is just an imaginary soothing blanket.

Regards
DL

There are no exceptions. Even trump will face the consequences in this life or another.

There are no exceptions. Even trump will face the consequences in this life or another.

You cannot know this as a fact, so thanks for your speculative nonsense and lie.

Keep lying like that and karma migh have revenge on you.

Regards
DL

You cannot know this as a fact, so thanks for your speculative nonsense and lie.

Keep lying like that and karma migh have revenge on you.

Regards
DL

I can. ok. Intelligence itself reaches far beyond both our reach in it's state of perfection but who can tell wether or not a perfect state of intelligence can be reached? It can, by the way. I do not merely speculate. I try to enlighten the people when I can. And for you to fill in such bad details about karma while you obviously don't even believe in the concept because you just called it nonsense and lies. : s

Don't go back and forth with me because you might feel like I attack your message. I won't care to reply such.

I won't care to reply such.

If all you have is the same kind of speculative nonsense and lies, then I won't miss anything worth reading.

who can tell whether or not a perfect state of intelligence can be reached?

Perfect state of intelligence is a subjective call and the thinking of some is poor enough that they will likely see some pergct state of intelligence out there. It will likely be some brain dead religionist.

Regards
DL