• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If I overdose on Oxy and I don't have Narcan can I snort Naltrexone?

zizar3

Greenlighter
Yeah so basically if I accidentally take too much Oxy and can feel I'm gonna OD, do you think it'd be possible to snort Naltrexone? I've read reports of people going into withdrawals <10 minutes after taking naltrexone orally so I feel like insuffalating it would work even faster, maybe even instantly, which would save you from an OD. Thoughts?

Ive read in a few clinical trial and patent info that it does work quicker and more gets to the blood stream but these were with pharmaceutically manufactured solutions not crushed tablets with all sorts of binders and fillers that could prevent absorption.

So while maybe feasible, it probably isnt wise to take that much oxy to the point you feel youre overdosing (Ive been there, not judging you) or to trust both yourself to administer and the product being administered when neither are in an ideal state.

How did you get to that point where you were taking too much oxy? What did it feel like beforehand? Like you were stoned from the opiates but with none of the rush so you tried to take more to get that rush?

Why not buy sterile water solution and a wheel filter plus a compatible sharps kit then go all the way and make an IV solution, but benzyl alcohol must be procured to safely preserve a solution without comprising the IV saftey adding a harmful solution. You could also make a nasal spray solution you either get a leur lock nasal spray atomizer attachment or just empty out a nasal spray solution, but you will want to put a good ammount of solution in and use benzyl alcohol to preserve it or the smallest touch of vodka (0.5:10 ml V:W) so mold won't grow while stored. Put it in an airtight container like a cannibg jar and somewhere dark and cool whilethe fridge would be best.

Just some thoughts