• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc If I add heat to my Everclear Branf 95% alcohol Norlfurazepam Solution will the volume of liquid evaporate unlike compared to using Propylene Glycol?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I’m new to using Alcohol instead of Propylene Gylcol in my volumetric solutions.

If I make a 10-20mg Norflurazepam 95% Everclear Brand Alcohol Solution and place it on a hotplate will the high amount of heat evaporate it? Is it similar to Propylene Glycol and that adding heat to it will just help speed up absorption without degrading it by evaporating away the liquid?

Ooooh, no please if you’ve no experience don’t heat alcohol. Sooo dangerous.

Propylene glycol is not a volatile solvent, it has a pretty high boiling point (188°C / 370°F).
On the other hand, Ethanol fairly volatile, 95% EtOH will probably boil at 78-80°C (~175°F) so you wouldn't have to apply a lot of heat.
So to answer your question, it would depend on the temperature of your hot plate, but yes, it will evaporate.

Ethanol can form an explosive mixture with air and catch fire if you're not careful.
I would stick to propylene glycol or glycerol if the plan is to make a benzo solution for volumetric dosing .
Why would you want to use ethanol for this purpose?

If the plan is to recover the norflurazepam from an EtOH solution then make sure you're in a well-ventilated area and avoid open flames.
Also, smaller amounts of ethanol will evaporate quicker than large amounts (I definitely don't recommend trying to boil a liter of EtOH all at once).

To answer your question

When I get stomach bugs/stomach flu's. I'm unable to swallow a small amount of water roughly 10ml-20ml without severe stomach pain. When I used to swallow my pills before I switched to Norflurazepam to help me wean off my clonazepam due to it's longer half-life & apparently it being a partial benzo agonist someone said in another thread.

So what your saying is correct. I need to make a small dose to evaporate on a pez candy. To take if I get a stomach bug. I was told that if you do evaporate it on a Pezcandy it still smells like alcohol but will it still upset my stomach.

I am also am unaware if Everclear 95% Proof is stronger enough for this task?

Thank you everyone.

To answer your question

When I get stomach bugs/stomach flu's. I'm unable to swallow a small amount of water roughly 10ml-20ml without severe stomach pain. When I used to swallow my pills before I switched to Norflurazepam to help me wean off my clonazepam due to it's longer half-life & apparently it being a partial benzo agonist someone said in another thread.

So what your saying is correct. I need to make a small dose to evaporate on a pez candy. To take if I get a stomach bug. I was told that if you do evaporate it on a Pezcandy it still smells like alcohol but will it still upset my stomach.

I am also am unaware if Everclear 95% Proof is stronger enough for this task?

Thank you everyone.
How much norflurazepam do you usually take per dose?

The crucial step here is making your main solution. Basically you'd want to be able to put a drop or two on top of your candy and let it evaporate naturally. This would require a pretty concentrated solution though. While ethanol is usually a good solvent for benzos, the presence of water can really decrease their solubility. Not sure if you would be able to achieve this by using everclear, specially since norflurazepam isn't a super potent benzo.

I think propylene glycol would be a better choice, it's safe in low doses and it will allow you to dissolve much more norflurazepam, compared to everclear.
Ideally, you shouldn't need more than 1mL to deliver your dose, you could even take it sublingually. It won't evaporate though.

Thank you for all your replies+taking the time to read my posts everyone.

1st of all as the person in this thread states: Interesting Norflurazepam Solubility from researchchemicals

This guy got 5mg/ml easily into some fireball that’s already saturated with sugars, your much higher proof cleaner everclear should have no problem at 10mg/ml.

-GC

NOW that being stated.

2st I’ve easily made a 10mg/1ml propylene glycol solution. As I stated in my previous post I can’t swallow 10-20ml of water to swallowi my scripted benzos last time I had a stomach bug lasting 5 days.

5 DAYS IS A LONG TIME TO GO WITHOUT 15mg of Norflurazepam. I underestimated the potency of it too since I thought I’d need a lot more. Using half my 15mg norflurazepam dose for 1 day is brutal alone.

3rd I’m on a daily dose of 15mg of Norflurazepam. I’m using it to wean of my scripted benzos since it has a longer duration of effect 8-24 hours plus it’s a partial benzo agonist apparently. It has a long half-life daily dosing the same amount will become 1.5-2x as potent compared to an acute dose same way daily dosing of clonazepam does.

^ According to Bluelight user “@Lorne???” who also told me: 1.25-2.5mg Norflurazepam = .25-0.5mg Klonopin, however that is a rough estimate. I msg’d him to post here hopefully he will.

My LEGITIMATE flurazepam script I had b4 even said it takes 3 days for effects to “begin” which I felt nothing but withdrawal after switching from clonazepam to norflurazepam until day 5ish+ is when I felt not only better… I got that anti-anxiety mood lift+huge muscle relaxing effects. At a daily dose of 10mg+ it gives far more hypnotic sedating effects plus muscle relaxing effects compared to -10mg dosing.

If I can’t get an answer for my questions I got 1 other topic. I got no choice but to accept I got no other options than to continue living like this or die.

Why don’t you just plug it? Why the need for this unnecessary experiment?

Why don’t you just plug it? Why the need for this unnecessary experiment?

Do u know what the difference is for the BA for the different ROA for Norflurazepam? I'd be willing to try and find out but if it'd work. Except it takes days before the withdrawal starts roughly day 6 for me which makes sense. The duration of effect alone is typically 8-12 hours but can be up to 24hrs. The elimination half-life for males is an average of 120 hours.

Regardless thanks for mentioning the idea.

I'm trying to GET OFF benzos I'd rather not mess that up by absorbing way to much. Or absorbing way to little ending up in withdrawal since I did state in my post above ^ half of my 15mg Norflurazepam dose alone causes unbearably relentless withdrawal.

I fear I underestimated the potency of daily dosing this Benzo and NOW I'M PAYING THE PRICE FOR IT!

Last edited:
2st I’ve easily made a 10mg/1ml propylene glycol solution. As I stated in my previous post I can’t swallow 10-20ml of water to swallowi my scripted benzos last time I had a stomach bug lasting 5 days.
If there a particular reason why you can't use your 10mg/mL solution directly? You're on 15mg/day so 1.5mL is all you need, you should be able to swallow that.
Or just place it under your tongue (and eventually swallow whatever may be left over).
Moreover, if you've easily made a 10mg/mL solution in PG you might even be able to get to 15-20mg/mL. Just heat it to make sure everything dissolves and to avoid potential hotspots. Worst case scenario: if it's too concentrated and doesn't dissolve properly just add more PG (always keep track of the volume).

Am I missing something?

doesn't matter I can't more and I'm running low so it's fucking game over for me nice knowing all...

Thanks for the help it might of saved my life if I had more of the fucking product.

But now it's alllll fuucking hooopleesss....

Can't you get more? Didn't you know you were running low before you made this post? Are you able to go to a doctor or even the emergency room (if you actually do run out) and tell them you're dependent on benzos and need to avoid seizures from withdrawal? Do you have a stomach bug now? If not, then this is a problem for a later time, isn't it?

Long story short I was mislead by the vendor who said he will not be restocking it due to not selling well enough.

I have an unknown amount left less than 2grams of it I think. I originally had 10g to begin with so...

on a hot plate with stirring or/and a double boiler you should be fine, just keep it at the right temp (40C) and do it in a well ventilated area with no open flames or sparks.

If you want to prevent evaporation then you should put another beaker full of ice on top of the one You're using to dissolve your benzo's.

just do this on a small scale like maybe 50ml in a 100 ml beaker and if worst comes to worst you will only have a small ethanol fire on your hands. (hopefully not literally)

and remember ethanol and methanol burn invisibly so if your mix starts to boil rapidly or your ice starts to melt or boil then you should probable turn of the hot plate and put something over the top of the beaker to smother it like some card.

^ It's a hot plate meant to keep your coffee warm it's not a regular hot plate FWIW...

BTW the water in a thick bowl reaches up to 118 F Temp at its hottest each time I tested the temp.

Last edited: