Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

if clubs sold THIS water

lost_boi

Bluelighter
to start i know there was a thread not long ago about prices of water in clubs this has nothing to do with that.

just a thought.
how beneficial this may be to clubbers:

unique water

ionised water high in magnesium and sodium.:\

hmm interesting

i'd buy it for sure. i've read thats its also good to get a sports drink into u like Gatorade when ur pillin for ur sodium levels.

Delay the aging process? Come on now. Those claims are dodgy for a start.

High sodium drinks are not beneficial, they can even be harmful to the human body in large doses. Most people aren't nearly active enough to warrant taking electrolyte replacement fluids, except perhaps professional athletes.

Plain old water hydrates really well (at around 2-3litres per day), depending on exercise etc.

depends how high, and to an extent or level they can be beneficial.
referring to the sodium levels of course

:p. I hope powerade isnt dangerous while pilling. I go through a dozen (theyre on special at the servo) every weekend.

i'm a big fan of electrolyte replacement fluids. whether or not its psychological, when i was suffering from a major stomach virus whereby i lost a lot of fluids, my doctor told me to get an electrolyte solution.
now, whenever i've had a big night drinking/dancing or done anything major that has dehydrated me (i can tell when i'm dehydrated now), i dose up on the electrolyte solution. it seems to work better than water does..

I can understand needing sodium replacement in certain medical conditions where a person is extremely dehydrated but most normally active people don't need extra sodium in their diet.

To put it into perspective, the recommended maximum dose of dietary sodium daily is around 2500mg. Two pieces of bread plus 1 tspn of vegemite has 500mg of sodium.

However. I've had this argument with people before to no avail. Most people believe marketing hype and I'm no match for that.

i dont get into marketing hype either.
but i was mainly pointing out the high in magnesium factor :)

meh i'm not saying only drink gatorade when ur out, i'm just saying, it probly doesnt do any harm.

how big is a large dose anyway? i mean, we're talking about taking pills here, i think thats dangerous enough when it comes to loading ur body with toxins.

The best Chemistry lecturer I ever had (RIP Pete) once talked to the class about mineral waters, saying he would never drink them, and some brands he reckoned were very bad for you.

Being an esteemed inorganic chemist who had several international credits behind him (exposing the con of catalytic convertors was a big one) his words did not fall on deaf ears. He went on to explain the problems associated with high mineral intake diets (particularly sodium and magnesium) on kidneys, arterial integrity etc

He said that the main thing to do for someone who does drink these waters, is to regularly change your brand. He also made a health prediction that within 20 years many serious health conditions would manifest as a result of drinking high mineral content drinks over a prolonged period.

Tap water, even with the chlorine, was a much safer bet in his opinion

I've got one word for you all:

BEER

It doesn't claim to be anything that it's not.

It tastes nice (well, there are some which taste like arse).

It has little or no nutritional value.

It dehydrates you.

It gets you pissed!

Weighing up the pros and cons, I'd choose beer over powerade etc.

My usual drinking habit (these days anyway), is 2-3 beers, then one bottle of water. Repeat as many times as desired. At the end of the night, before sleep, drink up to 6 glasses of water to avoid dehydration and hangover.

This is a little advice from Schizo!, your resident beer connoisseur. Speak to anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I'm an expert in the field lol.

Personally I reckon this was *sort of* on topic...

me thinks if plain water does the job, why pay the premium for coloured water ;)

hmmmm....

the magnesium would be most beneficial (n00Bs take note) as it helps prevent that sore jaw you get after chewing gum and chuppa-chups all night.

i normally pre-and-post load with magnesium tablets.

Sports drinks are good as they replenish salts that you sweat out, which helps prevent muscular cramps.

On a side note: its good after a few hours of drinking water to have a coke or something high in sugar from the bar (BEER!) to get the ol' blood|sugar levels up.

Schizo! is completely right btw.
Personally I reckon this was *sort of* on topic...

its completely on-topic. Beer has water in it (somewhere) AND it has yeast AND barley AND hops. now thats "special" water if you ask me=D

*sunflower* said:
I can understand needing sodium replacement in certain medical conditions where a person is extremely dehydrated but most normally active people don't need extra sodium in their diet.

granted, most normal people don't.. but most normal people don't dance for 7 or 8 hours straight at times do they? :) as someone said above, i'm not advocating the replacement of water with these sodium replacement drinks, i'm just saying i find them helpful when i've put my body under a lot of stress.

and backo brought up another point. have you guys actually tasted 'unique water'? it is pretty disgusting. i think a lot of shops are trying to get rid of their stockpiles since the fad seems to have passed :)

if it tasted bad i wouldnt buy it.

i thought it would just taste like ordinary water. its beyond me why anyone would eat something that tastes gross, just cos its good for u.

nah, it doesn't taste like normal water at all :p ok, well it tastes mostly like normal water, but it definitely has its own 'unique' taste.
you're surprised that people eat gross tasting food just because its good for them? are you serious? people do it all the time! look at all the fad diets out there!

hee hee, now this is really off topic, but it would be interesting to see which foods you hate the taste of at 18, but find yourself craving at 30. Undoubtedly related to what state your taste buds are in, but like most things, they lose they sensitivity with age (and other things) so what tastes like shit today may have you drooling at the mere mention of it tomorrow =D