• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Ideal Suboxone ROA

KodytheLoadie

Greenlighter
Backstory;
I'm not a heroin addict. I've done a decent amount of it, never been 'addicted' in any way shape or form. I recently gained access to some sub 8/2 sublingual strips. I've never done them, so I researched around (on BL of course!) and decided that, okay sure, I'd grab a couple to try them out. I had pretty much determined that so long as you're not an opiate addict and it's been a few days since you've used opioids, then yes, you can get a high off suboxone. I've confirmed this on my own. You get a nice, sort of noddy, sort of slow, itchy type of thing going on in small doses. Whether or not the heroin addicts on this site consider that to be 'high' or not (there seems to be a huge debate about it) is irrelevant. I do get 'high', in fact it's my favorite things from heroin without all the nasty feelings. The tiredness, the fogginess, the itching, I like those things.

So what happened was I cut a strip into thirds and split with two other people. Then one of them was mentioning, if you dissolve it in warm water, you can snort the strips. Well, I just love putting strange things in my face holes, so I cut my 1/3 in half again, put half under my tongue and snorted the other half in water. The snorting definitely hit me pretty fast. The sublingual definitely kept my buzz going for several more hours. Overall, pretty tasty little treat, IMO. Absolutely not suggesting anyone to go try it, I'm just saying that's the sort of shit my fucked off self enjoys from time to time, responsibly, with my own money that I earned. Anyway, for obvious reasons, I couldn't really decide, with my years of experience and all, which one was better. I pretty much determined that BOTH of them together was nice all around, which brings me to -

Question: Which method of ingestion is the best way in terms of bio-availability or potency/ duration of effect.

-I feel like I should also nip in the bud the four people who are about to respond that IV is the best way to take it. I've never felt that smoking and snorting are such a waste or that I have to resort to using hypodermic needles to injest any substance. Not to offend any current or previous IVers, but I'm a damn narcissist. Honestly, the number one reason that I've never been hardcore 'addicted' to anything is that I have too much fucking self-respect to force my family and my wife to have to tell people that their loved one is an IV drug user. I'm not trying to be rude, so we'll stop the explanations at that.
-Also, if I don't stick needles in my arm, I've definitely never shoved drugs up my ass. I get it, you absorb alot more of most things that way. I just don't NEED to do it, and surely have never WANTED to do it for fun. Do they call it 'plugging' or does that mean something else? Doesn't matter for the problem at hand....

Clarification: I am specifically asking if someone has an answer with some honest-to-god science behind it. Like, obviously, the suboxone company says 'never tear, cut or crush sublingual strips'. I'm guessing their website isn't gonna say 'oh, if you mix it with water you can suck it right down your nose tube for a great time!'... I've read all the 'experts' on bluelight saying that oh snorting doesn't do shit or you're supposed to swallow it or whatever. I can read that stuff. I've been reading it for an hour or two. By scientific answer, I don't mean 'hey Billie J from the north side says he loves to snort those,'. That is a kind of observational science I suppose. It's like Socrates or Plato science. We have a word for that kind of science now, it's called Bad Science.

-So one thing that might be relatively helpful. Maybe if you (I think it'll be hard to write a collegiate annotation for "SWIM, from Bluelight.org"), can say 'Well, my opiate tolerance is at L-level or my bupe tolerance is at M-level. I've done suboxone using A, B, and C methods and noticed the corresponding Ax, Bx, and Cx effects' Like something a bit more specific than, 'You can do it, it works,' you know? I know it works. I've done it, and it worked.

-The very best most awesomest (I'm aware awesomest is like the realestest most smartet sounding word ever spoken (typed?)) thing would be if some real smart, really really badass guy could say like 'Well snorting produces X effect with a half-life of Y while sublingual give an E effect with a half life of F, etc etc'. I'm not expecting someone to go out of their way for me or anything. I don't even have any more of the drugs, I was just hoping to add maybe to Encyclopedia Kody's Random Mind: Drugs Version, published 2000-whenever. Basically I consider it worthwhile and useful information to have stored in the old noodle. Now, if that badass cool guy were able to cite a source, I would just jump straight out of my skin with joy. Jumping out of your skin is apparently a good thing in Loadie Land lol. Or maybe if he was just so cool and sure of his accuracy that he might say something like 'I read it in my prescription info sheet' or 'I saw an article in the New York Times about it in 2013', That would be a decently acceptable source IMO. I mean when Kody knows what the shit he's talkin' about, Kody doesn't cite sources. But he does try to quantify his science at every available opportunity. That's the cool thing to do ;)

---Well I've made myself just about as strange as I presently feel it prudent to, so that's it.
If this has already been covered somewhere else, and one of the mods is gonna be upset with me for posting a new thread, please just let me know and I'll erase it or else you can just erase it yourself, not trying to be some annoying fucker or nothing....

I get nothing out of intranasal suboxone but i was reading the other day that people swear by plugging it since its much more surface space of the same type of membranes as intranasal. I had never plugged anything before but i wanted to get the most out of a 4mg dose so i dissolved it and plugged it and for the FIRST TIME EVER the dose of suboxone put me in an AMAZING MOOD, i felt good and happy, no ill effects from not doing other opiates etc....i think since sublingual is worthless and intranasal doesnt seem to do much for me, i will actually stick to plugging suboxone now as it was AMAZINGLY more effective.

LOVE,
DEADPOOL :x

HMMM... definitely wasn't the response I expected, but thanks for your input, man. I'll make a mental note of it if I ever think I might try, but doubtful. There's just a block there that I guess I'm too much of a bitch to get past, lol

Well since the surface space is so much more thsn intranasal, the drug has a way better chance of getting fully absorbed. Its actualy a sinple and quick process. LOTS of drugs are better absorbed via this method again due to surfance space, skipping the acids in your stomach, lots of capilaries to absorb into, no digestive system to work through etc....Oxymorphone, Hydromorphone and other have HORRBILE Oral bioavailabilty and you dont want to snort too hard and waste a drug trying to snort it and wind up swallowing it so plugging is a WAY more effective method actually.

LOVE,
DEADPOOL :x

An old story.
Many years ago , when Matusalem was young and Subutex was still a drug to be patented, bupre meant only Temgesic for pain relief. That is 0.2mg tablets: of course you had to IV them.

Nowdays
There is plenty of pills with a mammoth 8mg of bupre so there is no need to IV them ( bupre as no real rush).
Better nasal or oral? Here I am not sure.
For equivalency in doses related to ROA, it could be
0.4mg IV = 1mg nasal = 2mg sublingual

i wanted to get the most out of a 4mg dose so i dissolved it and plugged it and for the FIRST TIME EVER the dose of suboxone put me in an AMAZING MOOD
i think since sublingual is worthless and intranasal doesnt seem to do much for me

So 4mg sublingual is nothing, intranasal is light , IV is OK

This is consistent with a strong tolerance ( like 10x to baseline)

From the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread

Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intravenous: 98%-100%

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intraduodenal: 9.7%

If I'm not going to IV it, I find sublingual to be the most consistent way of taking suboxone since I don't like insufflating drugs in general. Plugging it is fun every here and there, but it only works good if your not backed up, and if you are you waste a majority of it I find (but its definitely the second best ROA for sure, nice onset, high BA etc).

Yup, plugging is def the best way to get SOMETHING out of suboxone. I woukdnt iv all that junk in thise pills and i HATE the taste and holding them in my mouth for 20 mins.

Been on Suboxone for 6 years now for DHC use! I also know others that is on it! were I stay its widely abused! Specially in prison!

1. Sublingal! >> The way it should be took! Could get somebody high with no tolerence easy! keeps people like me stable and away from DHC and other opioid's

2. insufflation/Snorting >> People say this is a waste which is not true IMO Best way for Recreational purposes! Everybody i know does it this way! and iv done it myself maybe to many times! And i know first hand it hits you harder and Faster! With euphoria with people with no tolerence and mild for people with a tolerence! some people get a speedy like feeling and others nodding and maybe some nauseous/sick! bub is a really strong drug people sometimes underestimate also you do not need to use as much when snorting also!

3. IV Complete waste! could possibly cause bad reverse effects due to Naloxone!

4. Plugging! Never tried it and never heard of anybody doing it but from what iv read online a 6 year period! its a long process your waste of time! could get you high but not as strong as insufflation/Snorting

I know like 10 people thats on it and snort it when wanting a High! From what iv read insufflation is the way to go! only annoying thing is its alot of powder depending on what your dosing!

Im now stable on it and keep it that way! Got put on it for DHC addiction!

Anyway Really hope that helped I am new to bluelight just joined yesterday and and i am really high right now it took me like 40 minutes to write that and get the spelling right! and its 5.30am were i am and iv been up all night lol :|

Been on Suboxone for 6 years now for DHC use! I also know others that is on it! were I stay its widely abused! Specially in prison!

1. Sublingal! >> The way it should be took! Could get somebody high with no tolerence easy! keeps people like me stable and away from DHC and other opioid's

2. insufflation/Snorting >> People say this is a waste which is not true IMO Best way for Recreational purposes! Everybody i know does it this way! and iv done it myself maybe to many times! And i know first hand it hits you harder and Faster! With euphoria with people with no tolerence and mild for people with a tolerence! some people get a speedy like feeling and others nodding and maybe some nauseous/sick! bub is a really strong drug people sometimes underestimate also you do not need to use as much when snorting also!

3. IV Complete waste! could possibly cause bad reverse effects due to Naloxone!

4. Plugging! Never tried it and never heard of anybody doing it but from what iv read online a 6 year period! its a long process your waste of time! could get you high but not as strong as insufflation/Snorting

I know like 10 people thats on it and snort it when wanting a High! From what iv read insufflation is the way to go! only annoying thing is its alot of powder depending on what your dosing!

Im now stable on it and keep it that way! Got put on it for DHC addiction!

Anyway Really hope that helped I am new to bluelight just joined yesterday and and i am really high right now it took me like 40 minutes to write that and get the spelling right! and its 5.30am were i am and iv been up all night lol :|

1. Plugging is not a long, hard, drawn-out process, and many people do it. It is one of the best methods in terms of absorption, the bio-availability is extremely high, and it's relatively quick and very efficient.

2. Naloxone has no "reverse effect". The Naloxone in Suboxone is basically useless. A scare tactic. The Bupe has a much higher affinity for your receptors than the Naloxone. It is a virtual non-factor.

3. IV is not a complete waste. Although dangerous, it is THE best method in terms of bioavailability. The inactive ingredients are unsafe to IV but if you had pure Bupe it would be the absolute best ROA. Even if it contained Naloxone, which is basically an INactive ingredient in Suboxone.

4. Snorting, while a very effective ROA, is more difficult for some. In my state, as with many areas, the strips are predominately prescribed, not the pills. They can be dissolved in water and snorted, but it is difficult to do, and still not as effective as plugging.

Please base your responses on factual information. Incorrect information can be just as harmful as ignorance when it comes to drugs and medications. Spreading falsehoods puts people at risk and, frankly, makes you look like an idiot.

You need to do more research then lol
I found LOTS of people online plugging since its BA is higher than snorting due to increased membrane space, i found lots that like snorting no one saying its a watse...did you actually search for info? Lol

I would say that pluggings a little stronger than insufflation, 10% or so but not an more than that, it's definitely not time consuming, less time consuming than insufflation especially with the strips IME. The only problem I have with rectal administration and why I don't do it every time is that when you have constipation which suboxone/buprenorphine cause, you waste a lot of the drug plugging it because it absorbs into your fecal matter instead of your blood system. I would say the BA is lower than sublingual, about 15-25% when one's backed up verses the 50-70% it is when you've had a bowel movement. These are all estimates btw.

In the end though, Sublingual lasts the longest, I don't mind the taste that much and the effects are pretty consistent, if you brush your teeth and wash your mouth first it's usually better. Plus I like the fact that every once in a while you'll absorb a bit more and get a buzz going, I always get energy out of it but sometimes i'll get pretty close to 'high', its weird.

1. Plugging is not a long, hard, drawn-out process, and many people do it. It is one of the best methods in terms of absorption, the bio-availability is extremely high, and it's relatively quick and very efficient.

2. Naloxone has no "reverse effect". The Naloxone in Suboxone is basically useless. A scare tactic. The Bupe has a much higher affinity for your receptors than the Naloxone. It is a virtual non-factor.

3. IV is not a complete waste. Although dangerous, it is THE best method in terms of bioavailability. The inactive ingredients are unsafe to IV but if you had pure Bupe it would be the absolute best ROA. Even if it contained Naloxone, which is basically an INactive ingredient in Suboxone.

4. Snorting, while a very effective ROA, is more difficult for some. In my state, as with many areas, the strips are predominately prescribed, not the pills. They can be dissolved in water and snorted, but it is difficult to do, and still not as effective as plugging.

Please base your responses on factual information. Incorrect information can be just as harmful as ignorance when it comes to drugs and medications. Spreading falsehoods puts people at risk and, frankly, makes you look like an idiot.

Well your right! definetly about plugging! and about most there! how much people have you met that use suboxone or abuse it? Dont mean that in a way i know more just curios?
whatever youv read, As i sayed alot will be more accurate Specially the plugging part! As iv not met anybody that's atleast admitted to doing it? and to be honest dont know much about it! so should not have commented there! sorry about that! but 1 thing know for sure is that there widely abused here! Big time! and people snort to get high! iv met people 1 of my friends lets call him scott tried IV and said it was basically useless! (his opinion) maybe he messed it up! another i know has tried because this particular person has an obsession with IV! he sayed he would rather snort!! that aside i would just say IV is dangerous why risk it for a slight something? i happily take back what i said about plugging but apart from that! iyl stick to what iv said! i think the IV is a matter of opinion! and in mines it might be high bio but its also dangerous why risk using needles for suboxone? is it worth it? and please educute me? how do you plug just stick a pill right up there?

You need to do more research then lol
I found LOTS of people online plugging since its BA is higher than snorting due to increased membrane space, i found lots that like snorting no one saying its a watse...did you actually search for info? Lol

yae as i said i may have skipped over the Plugging route! and i take that back! you learn something new every morning :)

but IV why? just for that little extra? not worth it! IMO So snorting and plugging! from what iv read now Plugging seems to be the way to now? but where i stay its snorting! maybe people just wont say!

so since you guys clearly know more than me about abusing suboxone why dont u tell me some more about plugging?

and as i said im new to BL so if i say anyhting wrong correct me! to the guy that sais you sound like an idiot you just sound like a guy that reads to much about ways to take drugs! :D

yea you was like my second post on here and your jumping at the chance to correct me! that make you feel good? 'putting people at risk' clearly giving my opnion! calm down on new people! Dont jump on them! basically call them idiots! maybe you should do more reading about new blue light members :)

with scissors you can sort of cut a lattice in the strip if that makes sense. you will be left with a lot of small squares. the squares are easy to snort and I recall intranasal bioavailability is near double that of oral or sublingual.

screw waste and waiting for it to kick in.
I too am not a fan of needles or fingers in the pooper, so this is my roa of choice.

(I have tried snorting substances dissolved in water once and it was too messy and dripped way to quick for it to absorb so i will not attempt that again)

have fun
=]

My Definition of tolerance = The most amount of opiate you can take before any high or euphoria, pretty much threshold dose.

If you can feel Bupe you would have to have a low opiate tolerance in my opinion.

Shit I take 32+mgs of the stuff which is a ridiculous amount for ORT but in my case the amount taken is an attempt at pain relief.
Would love to know what an 8mg strip goes for around my parts - as far as I can tell 16mgs is the same as 32mgs so half my script would be quickly redirected but this is not in line with BL's mission statement. If you get high on bupe then you are doing well, just don't keep getting high on it you're lucky or better still you're smart with your usage and have not addicted yourself to opioids/opiates.........yet

with scissors you can sort of cut a lattice in the strip if that makes sense. you will be left with a lot of small squares. the squares are easy to snort and I recall intranasal bioavailability is near double that of oral or sublingual.

screw waste and waiting for it to kick in.
I too am not a fan of needles or fingers in the pooper, so this is my roa of choice.

(I have tried snorting substances dissolved in water once and it was too messy and dripped way to quick for it to absorb so i will not attempt that again)

have fun
=]

Plugging doesn't entail sticking your finger in your pooper ...you dissolve in small amount of water and squirt up pooper with needless syringe :)

My Definition of tolerance = The most amount of opiate you can take before any high or euphoria, pretty much threshold dose.

If you can feel Bupe you would have to have a low opiate tolerance in my opinion.

Shit I take 32+mgs of the stuff which is a ridiculous amount for ORT but in my case the amount taken is an attempt at pain relief.
Would love to know what an 8mg strip goes for around my parts - as far as I can tell 16mgs is the same as 32mgs so half my script would be quickly redirected but this is not in line with BL's mission statement. If you get high on bupe then you are doing well, just don't keep getting high on it you're lucky or better still you're smart with your usage and have not addicted yourself to opioids/opiates.........yet

The nasal bioavailability is actually only slightly higher compared to sublingual. The bioavailability sublingually is approx. 30% and intranasally it is 38-44% BUT, the absorption of Naloxone was also higher from intranasally use than sublingual. While Naloxone has no real bearing on Bupe, it does have its own side-effects. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21395892

Actually, there is a Bupe product made for pain relief. It's called Temegesic and it's only made in microgram doses. In doses larger than 1 mg., Bupe acts differently and isn't as effective at relieving pain as microgram doses. It also has to be dosed more frequently because the pain relieving qualities are rather short-lived. 32 mg. will kill pain less effectively than .4mg.

I can promise you my opiate tolerance is really quite high and I get a buzz from .5 mg. to 1 mg. Suboxone dosed via IV every day. I have for 7+ months now.

yea you was like my second post on here and your jumping at the chance to correct me! that make you feel good? 'putting people at risk' clearly giving my opnion! calm down on new people! Dont jump on them! basically call them idiots! maybe you should do more reading about new blue light members :)

I was new once too :). While many people think Bluelight is just for shooting the shit about drugs or learning how to get even higher, it is actually a harm-reduction site. The focus is on trying to educate about safe drug use. When you post here, your first goal should always be learning how to be or helping other be safer when using.

Anyone who takes any medication or drug should know as much as possible about said substance. Too many people are on drugs that they either don't need, that don't work, or aren't affecting their health positively enough to balance out the harm they are doing. Far too many people blindly trust doctors that prescribe drugs they are PAID to prescribe, without questioning if they are safe, healthy, or even right for their condition in the first place. Do I know a lot about Suboxone? Yes. I happen to know a lot about many drugs and medications because I take a lot of drugs and medications. It's irresponsible to blindly shovel pills and powders into your body without knowing the future impact they might have, IMO.

Admittedly I was a bit harsh, but you really should try to make sure you are factually correct and not spreading false or harmful information when you post here. Telling someone that Naloxone is the blocker in Suboxone and it cannot be IV'd is not only your opinion, but you presented it as a fact. Safe? No. Possible? Yes.

To answer your question OP, the ROAs and their bioavailability are as follows:

Sublingual (under the tongue) - 30% (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9048270)
Intranasal (snorting) - 41.5% (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21395892)
Rectal (up the bum) - 54% - (cannot remember source)
Intravenous (injected) - 98% - (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.20427158.1981.tb13848.x/abstract)
Orally (swallowing) - 10% (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994593/)

*All percentages are averages of the blood plasma concentrations of study participants.

The half-life of Bupernorphine is 37 hours in doses =/> 1mg. These doses have an average effectiveness of 24-32 hours.
The half-life of Bupernorphine is 2.2 hours in doses <1mg. and the half-life corresponds with the length of effectiveness.

I also want to add that intraveinous administration of Suboxone is very dangerous due to the fillers/flavoring/inactive ingredients, so if you do intend to inject, please be sure to filter using a micron filter and, as always, follow proper hygiene and injection techniques. Only sterile pharmaceutical-grade vials of Bupe (Temegesic) are safe to inject. Even properly filtered, Suboxone is neither recommended nor safe to IV, ever.

Last edited:
Intranasal is definitely better than sublingual bioavalibity wise, ive read anywhere from 20-40% more effective. I get that strips might pose a problem here, so next id say give rectal a go? Never tried it myself but mostly hear good things, as far as absorption rates go. I get pills and though i have no need to conserve em, i almost always use em SL with sporadic IN use here and there when i feel like it. My SL dose i hold in my mouth for a good 20-30 min before sloshing it around for a bit since not all capillaries are under the tongue. But if you can hold the dose in your nose as long as possible by not yakking it back like a line of cola then you are definitely maximizing absorption, since its all absorbed inside the mucous membranes of your nasal passages and essentially is wasted once you allow it to drip. When snorting liquids i tend to hold the nostril closed and lean forward so it has nowhere to go, this usually works for me. Good luck