Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice -- Methamphetamine NOT 4MAR

djsim

Bluelight Crew
Hey all,
Recently I tested "ice" residue (from circa 2002-2003) from 15 baggies with a 400Mhz NMR machine (1H NMR and 13C NMR), just to show once and for all what the principal ingredient of "ice" is.
In all 15 cases, the results indicating METHAMPHETAMINE (peaks correspond to number of hydrogens, and a multiplet shifted downfield by the single nitrogen atom). So I think this effectively solves the argument whether or not "ice" was meth or 4MAR.

I will provide scans as soon as I get the chance.

i don't think many people are arguing that what is often termed "ice" is 4mar (not these days anyway), though there does seem to be the very common misconception (strongly perpetuated by the media) that "ice" is something different to methamphetamine.

^^ yeh, but there was always some ppl who said that the strong stuff from ~2002 was 4MAR, and the stuff going around now is meth. I just thought I;d provide some proof this was not the case

in most cases, since i've gotten back onto ice in march 2008
probably use at most 2-3 times a month.
usually just once a month

only one of those times have i been told it was 4-mar

it was noticably different to the other times, in both effect, appearance and price.

for all i know it could well have been meth, but with less cutters
didn't have that god awful taste / smell of permanent marker like i've encountered a couple of times now.

djsim said:
^^ yeh, but there was always some ppl who said that the strong stuff from ~2002 was 4MAR, and the stuff going around now is meth. I just thought I;d provide some proof this was not the case

ok cool. good work! do you keep a chronologically ordered archive of emptied baggies? :)

whats the deal with this machine you use?

i thought old baggies were always completely empty, scraped clean, split down the middle and licked! :D

marklar_the_23rd said:
i thought old baggies were always completely empty, scraped clean, split down the middle and licked! :D
haha so true. when i was a meth head that was always my job with my friends. I'd save up the bags and then do five lol. Tasted like shit.

BTW what is 4MAR? Never heard of it.

marklar_the_23rd said:

mine definitely are
although i got an empty sandwich bag that used to be full of red transformers
with a fair bit of powder left in it

and a similar sized bag from the white hearts (2nd batch i got)
same deal

and theres over a point of powdery scrapings from my last couple of ice binges
more so than most

i crush my rocks down with a pestle or a hammer and snort them
so heaps of powder is left behind in the bags

usually just split and lick them clean
but the cutters taste like permanent marker
thats why there's so much left lol

marklar_the_23rd said:

Nah, split it in half, put it into a bottle of water and shake well before drinking. Works like a charm.

I was once given IR spectra for 2 forms of street gear available at the time (Bris circa 2002) One was definitely meth and the other indicated 4-MAR, which it was sold as.

I'm not sure if I still have them, if so I'll post 'em here.

*cries* at the fact 4-mar was around. *cries* even more that it wasnt in my state

that is the one thing on my list that i have not crossed off.

^4-Methylaminorex. I tried it once years ago and didn't think much of it; but it was indeed referred to at that point, as Ice. This was about 1998 however....

Ice these days is freebased methamphetamine or the use of a differnt synthesis which creates the shardy-shrds.

I thought it was the freebase form of amphetamine that was somewhat caustic?

swilow said:
^4-Methylaminorex. I tried it once years ago and didn't think much of it; but it was indeed referred to at that point, as Ice. This was about 1998 however....

Ice these days is freebased methamphetamine or the use of a differnt synthesis which creates the shardy-shrds.

The second part of this post is incorrect.

Methamphetamine freebase is an oil. It's actually what you get right before finish a synth (hydroidic method... I have no experience with Birch.. not that I ever made the shit 8) ).

Today, ice generally means high purity methamphetamine that is shardy. The DEA, actually, classifies all methamphetamine with a purity of 80% and higher as "ice" methamphetamine.

So, in short, it's a slang name for very pure tweak. Just like, here in the Northeast, we call is "glass", "tina", "speed", "tweak", ect. Just a name for non-powdered shit.

But, the most important thing to note is that... the end product of any synthesis of methamphetamine yeilds either a powder or crystals and can be recrystalized even further.

Wow, i wonder if all those different "batches" we used to get between 1998-2003ish were 4-mar. What are the physical effect differences? Can some one inform me.

And as for old baggies, mine are saved for months until i'm really desperate and then i rinse each one with the same 3-4ml of water and filter it and inject it. Can make for a wild cocktail with MDMA, ice, coke, heroin, ketamine in unknown amounts!!!

dnaenterprises1@ya said:
Wow, i wonder if all those different "batches" we used to get between 1998-2003ish were 4-mar. What are the physical effect differences? Can some one inform me.

And as for old baggies, mine are saved for months until i'm really desperate and then i rinse each one with the same 3-4ml of water and filter it and inject it. Can make for a wild cocktail with MDMA, ice, coke, heroin, ketamine in unknown amounts!!!

The 15 bags tested were mostly sold as 4MAR from good sources all across the city I'm in. I am trying to clear up the misconception that the ice from 5 yrs ago was so strong because it was 4mar and not methamphetmaine hcl. the reason it was strong back then was because it was new and ppl hadn't figured what to cut it with yet.
ps. the bags all had approx 0.03g (30mg) residue per bag. they were saved for 'a rainy day' but i moved out of parents place and quit using, so when i cleaned my old room at my parents after not going back for 5 yrs, i found the bags and figured i'd test em instead of chucking em (or worse still, smoking it)
I believe the above poster when he says 4mar was what was tested, because i'm sure 4mar was here in tiny ammounts at some stage, but seeing is believe =D

attached image

BTW - check this post. See what I'm talking about? PPl are talking about 4MAR as if it is a different drug than meth... one guy even think 4MAR is made from the same stuff as heroin (urgghh).

Attachments

• meth h1-nmr 01.GIF
    meth h1-nmr 01.GIF
    8.4 KB · Views: 573
Last edited: