• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice: is it worth the high?

I am a big believer in people being mostly to blame rather than the substance itself. A person has the power to say no. Although there are some substances that have more addictive properties than others, ultimately it is the person. That is why some people will get addicted to alcohol while others will abuse meth. People who are strong willed and have the ability to use any substance in moderation are much less likely to become addicted to something.

i only just started smoking ice about 3 weeks ago and my god its addictive. I even let it effect work which is something i thought i would never do.
Its a strange feeling and i have no idea what i want to keep doing it. I dont find the buzz that great compared to pills, i think its more they way it makes me feel everything is ok.

So my plan.. this weekend is it.. no more!

CynaKill said:
Just want to say I've seen the sort of situation that Dirty_Deeds describes and I can relate fairly directly to it.

I think many groups that are pushing "ice" are truely exploiting the weakness in some people to become addicted to it. Unfortunately, as Dirty_Deeds pointed out, there is a growing number of people who suffer from the weakness.

If the drug wasn't available, would they become dependent on it? I argue that it's a combination of factors, NOT just people.

drugs go in cycle's:

i remember the exact same bullshit about the herion epademic about 5-10 years ago.

the same bullshit about coke (and crack) in the 80's (In USA)

the same bullshit about marijuana in the 60's.

the same bullshit about alcohol in the 1920's

the same bullshit about opium in the 19th century !

drugs popularity and availability go up and down, but there ALWAYS will be addicts!

if you are worried about addition see a drug counsellor, and sort your emotion problems out, or go on medication like Sodium Valproate that stops addition.

Ice is my secret romance lol. Ive been smoking it for a couple years now (dont touch the backyard 'P' stuff common in NZ). And I also work in the IT industry, without any problems, as long as I shut eye 3 - 5 hours before I start work in the morning :/ (if I decide for an overnight bender) grab a nice juice concoction from the juice bar near work, drink water during the day, and eat as often as I can?! I guess it doesnt work for most people, but as for myself ive always been passionate about my drug use, even as a teenager. I went to my mates place the other day, and noticed all these holes everywhere!?? asked him whats with all the holes in the furniture, curtains, walls. He said he was that horny he was trying to f%ck anything he thought he could while frying his brain! now THAT is seriously f%^%ed up!, made an excuse to quickly leave, ha!. Also is having to put up with the paranoia. Well because I love playing about with puter gear/networking etc, everytime selective mates come over, they keep questioning if there are cameras pointing at them, or if the mouse really is a mouse and not a wireless webcam. That stuff can get annoying. Play safe and know your consequences is all I say!!!..

Dr. Beat said:
drugs go in cycle's:

i remember the exact same bullshit about the herion epademic about 5-10 years ago.

the same bullshit about coke (and crack) in the 80's (In USA)

the same bullshit about marijuana in the 60's.

the same bullshit about alcohol in the 1920's

the same bullshit about opium in the 19th century !

drugs popularity and availability go up and down, but there ALWAYS will be addicts!

if you are worried about addition see a drug counsellor, and sort your emotion problems out, or go on medication like Sodium Valproate that stops addition.

What on earth are you talking about? Sodium Valproate is NOT used for people suffering from addiction, or treated for any form of addiction. It is used as treatment for Bipolar Disorder, or to treat those that suffer from epilepsy. Never has it been used for the treatment of addiction.

The "high" is most definitely worth it for me....however ive seen the "habit/addiction"of ice in a close friend which was terrible to deal with. I guess for me ive always smoked it b4work or on a big weekend. I never touch the stuff if im sad,upset,frustrated etc with something in my personal life bec it ends up evading and overtaking all thoughts of reason and logic. Plus I always make sure i have a few months break, and get enough sleep rather than binge for a few days w/out sleep. Sleep deprivation is terrible on the stuff and i know it definitely contributes to a terrible downer- just the thought of having those depressing feelings is enough to make sure i never over do it.... and luckily im a person with a strong willpower and pride:) i could never allow a "weakness" such a drug addiction to overpower my persona. however i do realise it can happen to anyone and keep in mind that it is possible though...

are ice and meth the same thing?
and also are they a more 'pure' version of speed?
thankyou

^ Georgi: Please search for more information before posting basic questions - it's really easy to find, just click "Search this forum" and type in the items you want to find more information on, for eaxmple "ice meth* amphetamine". It's a very simple and effective way to find prior threads on commonly discussed topics, (since this forum has a 6 year archive of posts, you can find basic and in-depth information on most drugs and drug-related topics). See e.g.
BigTrancer :)

apologies big trancer, but i actually have done a search and read those articles before, and unfortunatley although they seem excellent and informative i just cant understand them really in the detail that they are in and would prefer more laymans terms
i have also looked at other drug sites but to be honest when theyre in their 'proper' names i get confused
so sorry im a dumbarse...just thought that while the topic was current someone may be able to help

Diacetylus said:
What on earth are you talking about? Sodium Valproate is NOT used for people suffering from addiction, or treated for any form of addiction. It is used as treatment for Bipolar Disorder, or to treat those that suffer from epilepsy. Never has it been used for the treatment of addiction.

there are studies in America that show that Sodium Valproate stopped alcoholics drinking alcohol.

I was prescribed (by a psychiatrist) a low dose of Sodium Valproate to stop me binge drinking (and taking other drugs) and it has worked wonders. I now have no cravings for alcohol at all - for the first time in 15 years. I can sit at a dinner party, or bar, or pub, and watch people drink alcohol while I sip soft drink very happily. I could not do that before.

and Yes it is OFFICALLY not prescribed for the treatment of addiction, but 20 years ago, it was ONLY prescribed for epilepsy, and now it is prescribed for epilepsy and bi-polar.

Things change mate. Get with the program.

I hate crack whores who can't put the fucking pipe down for a little while, get some fucking sleep and actually live their lives...If Ice/Meth didn't come smokable and was only snortable, a LOT of people wouldn't get addicted...Half of these people complaining about how evil Ice/Meth is should turn around and chuck their crackie at a wall and then their own fuckin head...HONESTLY...I can guarantee you that half of these people who say they're addicted to ice are really just addicted to their god damn crackpipe...If they could light up air in their crackie and smoke that, they would...