• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I was on Klonopin for 7 years, got cut off cold turkey...

In the US a consultation with an attorney, a half hour, to assess the case should be free, it is in my state. I think it's ethical bylaws of being a licensed attorney in about every state.

Keep a diary of your troubles, sign it every day. Try to use a bound notebook that the pages, if removed are obvious even if the pages aren't numbered (they can be counted). Number the pages yourself as you go along.

This will be critical evidence, a DA looking at a good medical diary, along with you getting a second option that contradicts your old doc and you just may get the DA to file criminal charges. Or a civil trial, but that's expensive, let the state prosecute this ass wad.

Edit: I am not an attorney. The above is not legal advice it's a walk through of the legal system as taught in schools and universities.

Last edited:
I have never read about somebody dying from benzo withdrawal .. anyone got a link or something? I know it causes seizures but death? Or is it death caused from seizures (falling and hitting head, etc)..

The siezures can also cause cardiac events, stroke, and other serious medical issues. I had several grand mal siezures and partials within my first year off benzos. I would always vomit all the contents of my stomach during a grand mal. Fortunately I had someone nearby to keep me from choking.

There has to be more to the story. Did you violate your contract and drop a dirty u? Miss or show up late for appts? There has to be a reason he cut you off. People forget but a drs office is a business just like anything else so why would he just cut you off for no reason? Be honest

Do yourself a favor and go to the hospital. If nothing else they can get you into a medically assisted detox program...Good luck you can do this!