• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment I was just diagnosed with liver disease

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
2 days ago my urine was dark brown, my itchy red rashes came back and my sweat started smelling like rancid food... (I quit drinking 12 days ago but took 2 big phenibut doses in the last 2 days, along with kratom).

I went to to the doctor today. Acute liver failure (not officially diagnosed yet, waiting tests, but doctor was confident). 6 years of heavy alcohol, kratom and phenibut abuse finally caught up to me. I just read a case study where some people get liver damage after just a week of alcohol/kratom combo.

Please be smart and stay safe my brothers. Drugs are not worth your life.

-snafu

Last edited:
Yo I’m so sorry to hear this! I’m sure you’re worried. Please do something about your alcohol abuse, my uncle ignored all the signs and continued to drink and he died the most horrific death. He basically shat out his insides and was delirious, he didn’t know his family, they couldn’t say goodbye, he was put into a coma and he died. Alcohol is so damaging but your liver is an amazing organ. Put the work in now and get off the booze and drugs. I’d be taking some milk thistle from now on also. Feed your body good food, hydrate well and get through this!!

2 days ago my urine was dark brown, my itchy red rashes came back and my sweat started smelling like rancid food... (I quit drinking 12 days ago but took 2 big phenibut doses in the last 2 days, along with kratom).

I went to to the doctor today. Acute liver failure (not officially diagnosed yet, waiting tests, but doctor was confident). 6 years of heavy alcohol, kratom and phenibut abuse finally caught up to me. I just read a case study where some people get liver damage after just a week of alcohol/kratom combo.

-snafu

I'm really sorry to hear that. That's a tough pill to swallow. I hope you get through it ok.

Oh man im so sorry to hear this, what do they plan to do if you stop now is there any chance of it healing up?

I had no clue that the alcohol/Kratom combo was dangerous and have been doing the same thing lately. I felt like it helped it kick in better but this is really troubling. I hope this gets sorted out for you man and im gonna take your advice and stop mixing them I generally only do it with a few beers. Would they have to do a transplant ifs it's Failure, I'd always heard the liver regenerates.

Yo I’m so sorry to hear this! I’m sure you’re worried. Please do something about your alcohol abuse, my uncle ignored all the signs and continued to drink and he died the most horrific death. He basically shat out his insides and was delirious, he didn’t know his family, they couldn’t say goodbye, he was put into a coma and he died.
I'm really sorry you lost your uncle that way. I'm surprised my dad hasn't gone that way yet. Lifelong alcoholic and diagnosed with cirrhosis 6 years ago and continues to drink. His body is falling apart in a lot of other ways, too.

I'm really sorry to hear that. That's a tough pill to swallow. I hope you get through it ok.
"God doesn't give you more than you can handle" - Alcoholics Anonymous

Oh man im so sorry to hear this, what do they plan to do if you stop now is there any chance of it healing up?

I had no clue that the alcohol/Kratom combo was dangerous and have been doing the same thing lately. I felt like it helped it kick in better but this is really troubling. I hope this gets sorted out for you man and im gonna take your advice and stop mixing them I generally only do it with a few beers. Would they have to do a transplant ifs it's Failure, I'd always heard the liver regenerates.

I need to wait for the tests to confirm, but I lied a bit and didn't mention I quit drinking 12 days ago, said I still was and they gave me librium. I think a good call on my part just to make sure I abstain. I don't really know yet, other than not taking alcohol, kratom, phenibut and specific diet changes.

I'm trying to look for the specific case study I read, I'll post it when I find it again.

Thank you everyone for your concern. It warms my heart.

v8rXjkc.jpg

Stage 2 hypertension at 31 years old and a 210 resting heart rate...........

time to make some SERIOUS fucking changes boys

btw all my doc prescribed was god damn citalopram.... hope he's better than that on my next visit for test results. I think he didn't even look at my blood pressure. Luckily I still have some propranolol and hydrochlorothiazide stashed away.

Damn bro, 210 resting heart rate. How many times did the nurse have to retake it to make sure the device wasn't malfunctioning? How is that even possible!? That's not a typo meaning 110? Most people would be dead pretty quickly with a 210 resting heart rate?

Damn bro, 210 resting heart rate. How many times did the nurse have to retake it to make sure the device wasn't malfunctioning? How is that even possible!?

Only once. I told her my BP would be high, and she seemed kinda shocked by my drug/alcohol history. She didn't even mention what my heartrate was, she said "oh and your heart rate is high". I didn't even realize until I got home and looked at the paperwork. I'm hoping it was an error. I just checked myself and its 165. I was pretty stressed out and anxious at the doctor, maybe that spiked it.

When I told her I use oral tobacco she said "Oh, so you chew?" with disgust. Kinda seemed like a bitch.

Aurora sucks ass at typos and not taking vitals accurately, I go literally 7 times per week and they constantly fuck up those specific stats for me. Maximum heart rate is 220 - age, so 190 if you're 30 and anything above that for brief periods of time is extremely dangerous.

I've had my weigh say I'm 380 pounds (I'm 220), my bp listed 250/60, like all types of crazy nonsense. Aurora blows ...as soon as I get off marketplace insurance I will never go to those fuckers again.

My pee was brown, my eyes were yellow-ish, I had severe abdominal distention (I looked like I was 9 months pregnant), I've been to ER twice in the past - blood work all showed very elevated liver results. Doctor just discharged me and no call back over two weeks or follow up, despite me leaving numerous calls and messages for numerous doctors. I literally just despise them. One thing, though, I found once I stopped drinking my liver healed up pretty quickly - so it might not be all bad news long term! Once I got back in for testing a month later all the results were almost back in normal range and all the symptoms I was experiencing healed up immediately.

Aurora sucks ass at typos and not taking vitals accurately, I go literally 7 times per week and they constantly fuck up those specific stats for me. Maximum heart rate is 220 - age, so 190 if you're 30 and anything above that for brief periods of time is extremely dangerous.

I'm thinking it was 110 or something and it was a typo. I think I would have noticed 210..... lol

One thing, though, I found once I stopped drinking my liver healed up pretty quickly - so it might not be all bad news long term! Once I got back in for testing a month later all the results were almost back in normal range and all the symptoms I was experiencing healed up immediately.
thank you for giving me some anxiety relief !

When I told her I use oral tobacco she said "Oh, so you chew?" with disgust. Kinda seemed like a bitch

They're the worst. Imagine what I have to deal with every single time with blood infections, endocarditis and three open heart surgery due to iv drug use on their history. I've never been judged so much by so called "health care professionals" in my life as I have by Aurora staff. I think because their business model is to just churn out as many people as possible, they just become incredibly jaded to what drugs do.

Okay, thanks for allowing my rant of Aurora. Rant over

For real though, I do hope you get better and it's amazing what your body is capable of doing healing wise! When my liver couldn't handle it anymore, I went from drinking hard liquor to a 1.5 liter of 13.5 percent alcohol wine for a few days, then 750 ml of 13.5 percent alcohol wine for a few days, then 750 ml of 7.5 percent alcohol wine, etc. It worked good for a tapering method.

They're the worst. Imagine what I have to deal with every single time with blood infections, endocarditis and three open heart surgery due to iv drug use on their history. I've never been judged so much by so called "health care professionals" in my life as I have by Aurora staff. I think because their business model is to just churn out as many people as possible, they just become incredibly jaded to what drugs do.

Okay, thanks for allowing my rant of Aurora. Rant over

For real though, I do hope you get better and it's amazing what your body is capable of doing healing wise!

Holy shit man, I hope you are doing better now. Makes my problem feel small.

Thanks for your support brother!

fuck man that is heavy. can you get yourself into rehab? it may make it easier to make the changes you need to, cos lets face it if being unhealthy was a deterrant for any of us, we wouldn't need to be posting in here. i've seen people in NA share that they are dying due to their use, can't stop, and never come back, fucking dark indeed. please don't be like them.

i hope cos you're relatively young your body will be able to bounce back a bit, though it sounds like your liver may be past the point of being able to recover completely. i hope i'm not deluding myself there cos i'm not that older than you and i've been telling myself i can undo some of the damage.

fuck man that is heavy. can you get yourself into rehab? it may make it easier to make the changes you need to, cos lets face it if being unhealthy was a deterrant for any of us, we wouldn't need to be posting in here. i've seen people in NA share that they are dying due to their use, can't stop, and never come back, fucking dark indeed. please don't be like them.

i hope cos you're relatively young your body will be able to bounce back a bit, though it sounds like your liver may be past the point of being able to recover completely. i hope i'm not deluding myself there cos i'm not that older than you and i've been telling myself i can undo some of the damage.
Your liver definitely has the ability to recover but you need to be putting in the work and stopping drug use and becoming as healthy as possible.

-snafu

Hey,

I'm sorry for you! Because of the symptoms i already thought it's a liver failure, but you know what is positive??

It can be cured compared to a chronic liver failure that leads to death doesn't matter what you are doing. But the acute ones are good to treat! :)

JJ

Is it reversible to some degree if you quit now? I'm worried for you Man. That sucks :(

Anyhow my post dissappeared:

First: Sorry for you my friend, I'll send you a lot of strenght and also a lot of humor, even if it does sound dumb. You need it not to desperately jump out of the window.

SECOND - GOOD NEWS:

Acute liver failures are much better to treat and can also be healed again. But it needs patient's compliance ;), of course.
A chronic liver failure you cannot stop and it will for sure end deadly.

So I wish you all the best and hope it is not that bad.

JJ