• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

i was drugged

my boyfriend had finished with his beer when he put it down on the table but i came up and asked if he had any beer so he picked it up and gave it to me. One sip of beer is the only beer i had all night so i was not drunk and it was not a drunk feeling at all. And i am starting to believe it is more common than people think. I believe whatever it was combined with alot of alcohol consumption could have done a lot more damage.

the person looked like a smoothie, attractive i thought and wore all black... it was very strange that he did not speak to us at all. i would tell you the venue but i don't think i can on here. i would say these doddgy guys go around to different clubs all the time.

Hey does anyone have any link to Australian articles about men raping men in night clubs ?

I have tried a fewe sources but yet to find anything, maybe i'm the niave one but i've never heard fo seen of such a thing.

i was reading an article just recently about male rape - its becoming more and more common
ur story does sound credible - i hope this experience has wisened u and ur bf up and that ur ok, ur very lucky they didnt rape u

Whoever says that men getting raped doesn't happen, or isn't likely is wrong. I was actually almost a victim about 3-4 years ago.
I remember the beginning of that night pretty clearly and I was on my 3rd or fourth drink when a man came up to me and stemmed conversation.
Anyways, 20mins or so later, after talking, weed came into the conversation and the dude (might I add was quite a solid guy in a suit, didn't really look gay) asked if I was keen on smoking up with him. I replied in an eager tone, "yeh mate for sure" thinking he was just going to roll up a dooby there and then and we were going to smoke a spliff outside or something.

Anyways, he asks if I wanted a drink before we headed out to have a smoke and I accepted. Stupid enough, I head off to the toilet (not even thinking this guy was going to spike my drink, me being a guy and all, and he didn't look gay) and when I come back skull the drink down. So, that would have made it my, what, fifth drink maximum?
I remember leaving the club about 15-20minutes later and that's about it, everything from there on was in really, choppy frame-rate.

I vaguely remember slight bits and pieces being on a tram with the guy in St. Kilda and then getting off somewhere near 7 eleven in Fitzroy street and then in the hallway of a motel on the way to this dude's motel room. Just as he was opening his room door, I sort of came to a bit and said "what's going on?" and he replied, "you wanted to come back to mine for a smoke?" and I said something along the lines of... " No, you said you had some on you, sorry man, I'm leaving"
and before I know it, he's asking me if I have ever kissed a guy before and practically begging me to spend the night with him.
In a fit of rage, I pretty much called him every name under the sun and ran outof that place.
So yea... I was clearly drugged, because for about a week after that incident I felt really strange and whenever I was trying to sleep in the dark it would feel like I wasn't even inside my body.
Ever since that incident, I have been really cautious about leaving my drink out before going to the toilet, so now I just take it with me. ;)

It's probably not a common thing, but I am telling you now, drink do get spiked and that night it wasn't the alcohol, as I have always had a pretty strong tolerance to alcohol, being a nightly drinker since I was 17-18 and all.

Can you post the article please or tell me what paper it is in?

I did a search and couldn't find a single article in australia

It just find it really hard to swallow - I've been around clubs for years, straight and gay and i've been completely blistered.. never had a bad thing happen to me (cept for too many russians 8o ), mind you the place has always been very loved up people looking out for people.

Has anyone ever seen an article about a group of men who go to clubs to spike drinks of men and then gang rape them in the toilet ? Sounds soo freaky it could be an urban myth.

the article i read was in one of my mother's good housekeeping magazines - i think its a UK publication

Hey Diacetylus !

Thanx for your great response, yeah mate i have no doubt there are predators out there, almost in the same fashion that you describe happened to me, only i was 18 and my first week in the city after moving up from the country to UNI.

No way do i doubt the existence of drink spiking or guys spiking other guys drinks to get them to come back home with them. What I am wary about is guy on guy pack rape in clubs things.

It almost seems ludicris that we say "oh yeah, that happens" does it ?.. News to me !

^^^ahhhh yes well i see where all my old ladys paranoia comes from
still, just cos theyve got a slightly unhealthy interest in it doesnt mean it didnt happen

Touche'.

I hope no one thinks i am tryign to be mean, it just fasciantes me how these things get started. I am sure some where this has happened. But how often ?

I'm still somewhat confused here. You had one sip from your boyfriend's beer, and that was enough to drug you, have you vomiting and potentially give you liver damage? Yet he'd presumably drunk more than that, and he was fine?

i wudnt think it happens very often - its just happening more often than it used 2
i guess guys report being raped alot less often 4 a start, i mean it wud hold alot more shame 4 them

This wasn't at a night club but I thought some guy tried to rape me when I was about 15 in a public toilet in melbourne central train station.

I had been in the city on a friday after school with mates and was heading home when I went to use the toilets. I was in the stall taking a crap when a few sheets of folded up paper were thrown under the door. I picked them up and they were filled with pics of teenage boys jerking off.

I thought it was just a joke and didnt think anything of it until I started to hear heavy breathing and realised someone was still in the toilet. The next thing I know some guy is putting his head under the toilet door staring at me. I just froze with fear not knowing what to do. but after a few seconds he stood back up.

I didnt hear anything for about a minute and thought he was gone but then I started to hear him panting and moaning and shit and could see him jerking off through the gap in the toilet door. At this stage I was frightened as shit and honestly scared for my life, I didnt know what this guy was going to do to me.

It must of gone on for a few minutes, I tried asking what he wanted a few times but got no reply, until I heard the door open and someone else walk into the toilet. I straight away got up and ran outta there. I saw 2 guys in the toilet and one other leaving at the same time as me. I wasn't 100% sure which guy it was but I just kept running to another train station and went home.

On other occasions at that train station I've had guys follow me around after walking past those same toilets. I carried a pocket knife with me for the rest of my highschool years, I wanted to stab one of the fuckers if they ever tried it again. So I don't really know if rape was intended or I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, either way it was it was a horrible experience.

My bf had finished with his beer so he put it on the bench. a minute later i came and asked him for beer and he handed me the bottle, i drank what was left in the bottle, which was only a sip. it was then about five minutes later that my head went weird and i got really sick and the guy was looking at my bf and massaging his hand. he wasn't speaking or anything and it was really the timing and the weirdness of the situation that made me come to this concultion. I'm usually very open to weirdness from people out, but even my friend thought it was strange when she saw him looking at my bf and then massaging his hand.

I will definately be more carefull when out as i wouldn't want to go through this again. i tried to have a shower late afternoon the next day and ended up spewing 6 times and had to get out and i was just vomiting constantly from the minute i got home at about 6am until i went to the hospital which was 24 hours later. i didn't move from my bed all day. I have never thrown up so much in my life so whatever it was, was very toxic.

i really appreciate the feed back guys.

Emmz said:
I will definately be more carefull when out as i wouldn't want to go through this again. i tried to have a shower late afternoon the next day and ended up spewing 6 times and had to get out and i was just vomiting constantly from the minute i got home at about 6am until i went to the hospital which was 24 hours later. i didn't move from my bed all day. I have never thrown up so much in my life so whatever it was, was very toxic.

Sounds like food poisoning more than anything. Could it have been something you ate earlier in the day?

Here is a little bit of info i found.....

Men and rape
This section is written for men. Most other material is female focused because most victims of rape are women, but rape can and does happen to men too.

Society appears to condone many forms of sexually inappropriate behaviour. From an early age, social sanctions encourage people to put up with a range of unwanted and derogatory sexual behaviours from other people. These behaviours against men can include whistles, touching, and sexually explicit comments or jokes about a man's masculinity or perceived sexual orientation. All are designed to disempower, humiliate and hurt. Rape is the most extreme of all these forms of behaviour. It is an attack of a sexual nature on a man's body, mind emotions and sense of control.

Society perpetuates many false and misleading myths about rape. These myths add to the confusion and distress of the man sexually assaulted.

Men who have been, or may be raped, come from all cultures and age groups, and include very young children - and ourselves. Few men have a fear of rape, they do not think it happens to men. Most men don't want to think about rape, or think "It can't happen to me, or any one I care about". It does happen to men. If it does happen, they think about it a lot. Men can blame themselves in some way, thus feeling they cannot talk about the assault to anyone, and do not know where to turn to for help.

Men who have been raped deserve support, consideration and respect, as do victims of any violent crime.

This material has been prepared by South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault based upon the "Information for Women about Rape", designed by Healthsharing Women's Health Resource Service 1994.

No it wasn't food poisioning as food poisioning would take affect within eight hours of eating and i wouldn't have had a drugged head feeling. i had not eaten for 10 hours or so before this happend. and i have gone with out food for long periods with no food many times.