• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I took sleeping pills and a painkiller together? Should I be fine?

How much hydrocodone? 325mg refers to the acetaminophen part. And how many tablets? If just one, you should make it but please, for your own safety, do the basic minimum research required before ingesting drugs.

Sedatives and opioids are never a good idea to combine. The combination increases the risk of respiratory depression exponentially.

That being said, normally I would say you're not in too much danger, but 325mg is a fairly large dose. So without knowing your usage history and body makeup, it's hard to give an accurate percentage of danger. Your best bet is to get somebody to drugsit you, so they can ensure you're breathing properly. If you can't find anyone to watch you, try to stay awake as long as possible, and monitor your breathing closely!

Oh you only took 10mgs. At this dosage you should be fine, you still want to monitor your breathing closely and you certainly don't want to make a habit of combining the two..

I'm prescribed 10mg zaleplon and I have on and off them for years. I have really bad broken sleep and usually take a second zaleplon if I can't fall asleep after one.

The hydro was the last pill of my father who passed 3 and a half weeks ago from brain cancer. I take painkillers occassionally if i am in severe pain but I don't mix them with sleeping pills. I wasnt thinking straight when I took it.

No I do not. My breathing seems fine but head feels a little weird. I'll continue to monitor my breathing. Thank you.

my father who passed 3 and a half weeks ago from brain cancer.
Welcome to Bluelight, You have my condolences. *Pours a 40 on the curb..rip.

You should be fine, 10mg of hydro isn't that much and you have a tolerance to the zaleplon plus the half life is around an hour iirc, so if your breathing is normal you should be fine
Do you have someone that could have an eye on you for the next few hours ?

Ok; now I'm concerned. I am prescribed 50 mg of Trazadone to sleep, as is often prescribed to pain patients, and take a regimen of opioids each day. My doctors are not only aware of this but prescribe it to me. I don't know what zaleplon is, but hopefully this combo isn't terrible.

Naw trazadone is not in the same ballpark

It's not a typical downer and this is why it's often prescribed in combination with opiods (although a lot of doctors do prescribe mixtures of downer it can be more or less safe in small doses when you are accustomed to taking painkillers for a while)

Zaleplon is generic Sonata. For my horrible sleep patterns. Although my tolerance has built up considerably which is unfortunate.

i take 10mg hydrocodone with 15mg of zopiclone. i take sleeping pills every night but i will take the two together when i need my percocet. i'm not sure what your sleeping aid is exactly (i'm in canada), but my sleeping pill is considered a hypnotic.

i always add new drugs very slowly though, like i started with half a zopiclone the first night, and worked my way up to my regular dose (15mg). i never take more than i'm prescribed, because i realize how dangerous it is to start mixing and even though i can take two or three times the amount of both drugs by themselves, i would never mix them at the higher amounts, only the subscribed amount (your tolerance to a drug may vary, i do take my percocets or zopiclones recreationally sometimes, but keep the dose down for low tolerance..).

it's a scary feeling when you've crossed the line and start thinking you might have taken too much... i have bad anxiety and will take a clonazepam for an attack, one time i thought i was having breathing issues (turned out to just be my anxiety), but i refused to add my benzo to get rid of it because that might have really hurt me! was a catch 22.

when in doubt i call and ask a pharmacist about drug interactions and even check the net for info too.

stay safe!

Last edited:
i dont have experience with pain killers but, I do take sonata. 20mg isnt a lot. I have blacked out on that shit and taken my whole script and was totally fine...I really dont think its a real dangerous drug. You should always check BEFOREHAND if something is okay. with the hydrocone I think it really depends on your tolerance. Try to stay awake and make sure you are breathing fine. dont lay down and fall asleep...
I've done plenty of drug combos w little to no tolerance to them that should have killed me with respiratory failure and Im still here..