• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I think ppl w bad dope get as high as people w good dope, tolerance discussion

blime84

Bluelighter
Ive been using dope 10-12 years now and I started thinking about when I first started 10 years ago, I know the dope I got was garbage. In fact I am pretty positive that it was about 4- 5 times weaker than currently. I remember that when I tried some good dope the first time, I was puking for a while. That said, back then, when my habit became daily for the first time, I was still getting pretty high from the dope, probably on the same level or more than with good dope.

Every time I found a new connect for better dope, sure I would get way off my rocker for a couple of days, but then my tolerance went up and the high was the same.

I kept going up the chain in quality till I hit the top. So in the end, I was using a lot more dope to get the same high as before. If I had never gotten the better dope, I would just be getting the same high from shittier dope.

It seems to me that people who think that if they get better quality drugs will use less as a result are kidding themselves. The only positive I see from getting cleaner dope is the health benefit to not having cut in your stuff. I find myself after 10 years, using the purest dope I can get(White # 4 produced in mexico, which is actually an off white greyish color), and putting so much in a shot that I could probably kill 4 opiate naive people(up to 400 mg per shot). The funny thing, when I first got this stuff, 100mg had me high as a kite. It took 2 days to get to 400mg.

Another interesting thing, thocuugh I could probably take as much as 5 or so 400mg shots a day n be fine, I can also be fine, not dope sick, with just 3 200mg shots with my tolerance. Also, if I dont use for 3 days and take methadone instead, when I come back, my tolerance is about cut in half but only for 1 day.

This makes me think about tolerance in general. Is there any sort of research on how a person's tolerance goes up and down? It has to be something to do with the brain receptors, but I am not sure exactly what it is.... For instance, how come if I take a shot, say 200mg, then take another 300mg or 400mg 10 -20 minutes later, I dont hardly feel the seconds shot at all?(Actually when I discovefd this, I was able to figure out a way to taper down is to take small shots in same frequency as large ones, so if I did 5 shots a day, I just cut the amount in half and did it and was fine, but of course this has threshholds too). Or another thing - why is it that when self-tapering methadone, I can go from 150mg a day to 30mg a day in 5-6 days(I prefer 10 days so I feel it less, but same concept), but once I go below 30mg a day, tapering is 10x harder.

my thoughts are that it is based on 2 main things:

- How quickly your body expells the drug
- How well the drug binds to receptors in the brain- this must vary person to person?

Also about cross tolerance - If I switch to methadone, I lose my heroin tolerance quickly, but this is not true for any other opiate, such as going to oxy. how come?

Also, another thing that i think supports my idea is how subutex works... There is the COWS induction scale which I think is a crock of shit because based on it, I could take subutex after 18 hours usually, but it doesnt work until about 30 hours pass. Also, I know somepeople who can take the subutex 12 hours after dosing and then they are fine. Truthfully the stuff is great, but 30 hours is hell. I have had it work before at about 25 hours, but that instance, it was not as effective. I had worse insomnia than after 30 hours. The time it worked best, I detoxed off dope with methadone first, 2 week taper, then I was clean for 4 days, but only sleeping 3-5 hours a night. I took an 8mg subutex and for the first time ever I would say I got high off the stuff. Very high in fact. Never done that again since, but thats because I steer away from subutex in genral as I am pussy and cant wait 30 hours. Is the reason I need to wait so long because my use of opiates prior is heavier than the people who can use it 12 hours later(1 thing I will say about using large amounts of h#4 which is pure is that it lasts. 1 day I had a overnight trip w flight, took my last shot 8pm, flew, meetings next day, flew home 4pm, then dosed, but was not the slightest bit sick for 20 hours)?