Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

i think im addicted to eccys

BUFFBOY

Bluelighter
whats the sytoms of addiction to eccys ?

i havint been on them for 2 weeks and while i was out while drinking i had this urge to take one and grinding my teeth and shit..and kept thinking about it lol..

man i hope i aint addicted...

ps my lips and mouth was dry too..

i need drugs lol

Though im not too sure on this myself, I think there aren't really any "withdrawal" effects such as with other drugs such as meth or heroin. The teeth grinding could be explained by a strong irritation that you arent on the substance itself, or some kind of placebo manifestation of the effects of mdma and being accustomed to grinding teeth while at a club. I think most people get dry lips and mouth in a club, due to the amount of smoke and the hot atmosphere, aswell as dehydration from alcohol - assuming you were drinking it.

I hope that makes sense, I took a weeks break from weed, part of my "severly cutting down on marijuana usage" plan, and the one vape I had tonight ripped me in half.

from erowid

NEGATIVE

(negative side effects increase with higher doses and frequent use)
* inappropriate and/or unintended emotional bonding
* tendency to say things you might feel uncomfortable about later
* mild to extreme jaw clenching (trisma), tongue and cheek chewing, and teeth grinding (bruxia)
* difficulty concentrating & problems with activities requiring linear focus
* short-term memory scramble or loss & confusion
* muscle tension
* erectile disfunction and difficulty reaching orgasm
* increase in body temperature, hyperthermia, dehydration (drink water)
* hyponatremia (don't drink too much water)
* nausea and vomiting
* headaches, dizziness, loss of balance, and vertigo
* post-trip Crash - unpleasantly harsh comedown from the peak effect
* hangover the next day, lasting days to weeks
* mild depression and fatigue for up to a week
* severe depression and/or fatigue (uncommon)
* possible strong urge to repeat the experience, though not physically addictive
* possible psychological crisis requiring hospitalization (psychotic episodes, severe panic attacks, etc) (rare)
* possible liver toxicity (rare)
* possible neurotoxicity (controversial)
* small risk of death. Approximately 2 per 100,000 users have extreme negative reactions resulting in death. (rare)

If im not mistaken, most of the above reffer to negative effects experienced during mdma use, or for a short duration thereafter. Maybe I interpreted the question wrong, but I thought buffboy meant the symptons of an ecstacy addiction, in a similar manner to the symptons of say, a heroin addict who hasn't recieved a hit recently (in that, the heroin addict physically needs the substance).

That said, any substance (even something benign such as sand) has the potential to be addictive, as long as one gains enjoyment out of it. This is different to a physical addiction however in that if the user doesnt have the substance they wont experience physical problems. There is also no arguing that too much mdma use will result in more unwanted side effects which have the potential to disrupt everyday life.

Last edited:
i get teeth grinding and very anxious feelings when im not on it and everyone else is, but even though i still take them all the time i hate the fucking things pills SUCK!, k and meth are my fav although more physically damaging

if i remember correctly mdma isn't physically addictive and therefore doesn't have any withdrawal symptons,correct me if i'm wrong. your just thinking you need to take ecstacy to have a good time when you go out, have a couple of weeks off from the drugs and go out drinking with your mates, you don't need ecstasy to have a good time.....HueZ

I was exactly the same as you dude. Everyone is different. But when i first got onto e, everytime i drank thereafter i craved e and grinded. I reccomend to take advantage of this by pretending u take e when u drink, u will feel kinda high. lol Dun worry about being addicted either. You will get over it eventualy. You can either A) pop no more than once a month and anxiously wait for that day to come when u pop. or B) pop whenever you go out and u wont crave them as much. Hence u will get over them quicker, but your brain wont work as good in this time. But if u do wait a month or so, u wont be thinking about e much. It depends if e falls into your lifestyle; availability, people to pop with (and whether they are popping etc). But what i did whent i couldnt get e out of my head was not take it much at all but, but read about mdma. Read about its history, studies, others experiences. It helps you respect the drug, as well as not abuse it.

I think one day you will just get over them, fortunately for me I got over them quite quickly. I guess it's just not my kind of drug.

As the great refusal mentioned, you wouldn't be physically addicted to them......but you just mentally feel you need one, i know there was that honeymoon period for me where i was always thinking about them, talking about them and generally dreaming of E....this is when i realised how damn strong these things really are, and quickly disciplined myself and respected mdma.

But in time, these thoughts diminished and i found myself not 'needing' them.....the fact that my friends have all basically stopped "going out" and rarely drop now further helps my cause......sadly :(

Yes, i still get minor forms of trisma/bruxia when my favourite party tunes come on.

Last edited:
probably addicted to the speed that is usually put into pills. i used to take speed when i wasn't pilling and would get really puzzled as to why i was satisfied and no longer on the edge (as i was if i had hadn't any pills). Really crepted on me and eventually i was shooting speed full time...

had similar symptoms to what you have.....

^ Technically that's a possibility - if the person is accustomed to taking speed-based pills on a regular (frequent) basis.

As others have mentioned above though, for the average person using intermittently, physical addiction to ecstasy pills is very unlikely. They do feel really good though so there's a big temptation to repeat the experience... you just have to resist it otherwise you'll develop two things at the same time:

1. Tolerance - if you take pills too often, your brain gets accustomed to it, and the positive effects diminish as a response... however the negative side-effects and/or hangover afterward get progressively worse as you increase the dose. This is one of the reasons people say it's difficult to be addicted to MDMA, because the tolerance builds up so quickly with repeated dosing, and the diminishing returns on multiple re-dosing can be severely outweighed by a crushing comedown and hangover.

2. Psychological dependence - this is probably what is being referred to by the original poster. When you associate "fun" = "drugs" in your mind through taking pills every time you go out, then immediately the equation is balanced by "no drugs" = "no fun". It's not physical dependence to the substance, for example you can stop and walk away with nothing bad besides a lingering desire to take ecstasy. But, it's a powerful desire which can be difficult to temper in the absence of the comedowns and tolerance mentioned above.

So... there's two options - learn from the mistakes of others and use MDMA in moderation, or abuse it and jump on the fast-train to Tolerance.

BigTrancer :)