• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin i think i partially missed?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I'm semi new to iv heroin and I registered in the vein had blood and everything even got high but not much of a rush? No pain but it's been a few hours and the injection site (crook of my arm) has been kinda sore feeling.. No redness but a small lump that's kinda hard to touch. Any idea what this is? I'm kinda scared but my friend says it's nothing to worry about And that it happens sometimes especially if you are reusing the same needle. Also I shake alot so maybe I came out of the vein. Idk. Help?!

You likely slipped out of the vein, apply hot compress and you should be fine. I would not be too worried as of right now. However, I would suggest you keep an eye on the injection site and if it gets worse or starts to have heat at the injection site and becomes sore to touch you may have to go to the ER. Like I said DON'T freak out because that probably is not what this is. Depending on how many times you have used the same needle it could very easily have popped out the other side of the vein or any number of things causing a miss. Sometimes bad needles mean you stab the multiple holes into your vein going through it over and over and over again and when you finally register the force of the plunger actually causes the solution to be excreted out the new array of holes you just put into that vein. Like I said watch it and report back to us.

Thank you MadDash it's been about 24 hours now. It's sore to touch and a little raised but seems to be a little less painful than yesterday. I'm hoping in time it heals. My buddy said not to worry either. But this has definitely turned me off of IV use which is probably a good thing ��

Thank you MadDash it's been about 24 hours now. It's sore to touch and a little raised but seems to be a little less painful than yesterday. I'm hoping in time it heals. My buddy said not to worry either. But this has definitely turned me off of IV use which is probably a good thing ��
What happened I'm going through this now plz let me know message me

Y'all will more than likely be okay.

I missed plenty and even hit an artery once or twice (now THAT hurts.) Like someone said, if it's notably sore or red ~24 hours after the miss then something might be wrong. But all of mine resolved. Warm washcloth for the first several hours after a miss, because that will help it absorb the dope that's stuck in your muscle/fat. After that ice can bring the swelling down.

Did u any of your guys ever draw back to get blood and it looks like something kinda yellowish maybe in with ur blood??? What is that

Did u any of your guys ever draw back to get blood and it looks like something kinda yellowish maybe in with ur blood??? What is that
Not that I remember. I would avoid that spot and perhaps go get it checked out. It sounds like an infection or something besides blood running through your veins, which is never good.

At least we know it's not pus, because that would be too thick to come back in with the register.

Yea but I don't wanna go in my other arm bc I had an abcess there bc I missed n and all like a dummy even tho it's all healed now just worried to go over there ya know ...

That's lymphatic fluid. The system that carries this round your body is quite close to your blood vessels, and it's there to transport infection-fighting white blood cells. You hit a lymph node.

Last edited: