• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine I think cocaine helped me with COVID vaccine side effects

Street_Rebel

Greenlighter
When I got my 2nd round of the Pfizer shot I felt like I had a horrible hangover. Tried smoking weed to help get through it to no avail. Then I thought of a discussion I had with a friend.

About three years ago I had a really bad head cold. I went to a techno show at a grimy after hours joint, did some cocaine and noticed that I didn't feel so sickly. I talked about this with a friend and he said he went through the same experience. Basically he said the stimulants help expel the cold virus from your body. When I woke up the next day I felt fine for the most part, minus the stuffed up nose from the night before.

During my purgatory with the 2nd round effects I decided to give this a try. I had about a half g, this stuff was so pure that even the tiniest little key bump got me zooted. I started off with a couple bumps late in the afternoon. Then I did some a couple really tiny lines at around 5 PM. Then a few more in the evening. By the time 11pm rolled around I felt fine and didn't feel any more side effects.

Now the next day I had a little fear in the back of my head thinking that doing blow may have fucked up the cycle for my 2nd round. Fast forward a month later my state loosens restrictions. I go out to some house and techno music shows and everyone was dancing and not masking. I didn't either and before this I wore my mask religiously. Almost months after getting vaxxed I feel fine and looking back at it I don't think the coke messed up my vaccination.

Mind you, this is all just a theory. I don't condone anyone else trying this but it worked for me.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar thereof?

Pretty much any stimulant will give immediate, strong relief from all but the most severe flu like symptoms. It's not that they "expel the virus from your body", although it may be debatable in some cases that some of them do even have an immune-boosting effect, courtesy of increased metabolism, blood flow, body heat, just a general acceleration of your body's natural processes. But this is not the norm, would, IMO, be so minor as to be largely insignificant and possibly placebogenic without further study which is unlikely to happen.

Usually, they will be immunosuppressive, but again, if you are in good health and don't go way overboard, only slightly. And in the meantime, symptomatically, yes, they will do wonders for your symptoms. They are all pretty potent decongestants, are known to provide some analgesic benefit for certain conditions commonly associated with colds and flu, again probably courtesy of bloodflow alterations. And even besides all that - they mostly all give you a lot of energy, which even if it could be said to be "artificial" in a sense, will EASILY and rapidly overcome the kind of malaise associated with these illnesses. If you're not too ill in the first place and don't make yourself ill by going on a week long binge, by the time the acute symptom relieving effects wear off, your body may well have cleared the original infection on it's own, fairly independently of your substance use choices for the duration.

So yeah, this is really no surprise, a pretty well known phenomenon and easy to explain. Think of cocaine as like super sudafed or something.

I've always thought that sleep deprivation + caustic chemicals up my nose was pretty good way to catch a sinus infection myself.

Key is very much in the dose. Op did say the cocaine he had was very clean, he was able to do it in small bumps, and implies he was able to go to bed at a reasonable time without much hint of a comedown. If you snort enough of any dry powdered drug to lose significant quantities of sleep and to physically damage your nasal passages, you're probably doing it wrong. Not judging, I've definitely done that and made myself pretty damn sick even if sinus infections don't seem to be something I'm susceptible too. Cocaine used to be (and still is in a far, far more narrow sense) a medicine for good reason. Equally, if you take enough pseudoephedrine it's quite possible to fuck yourself up and have a much less fun time doing it than just doing a little cocaine.

Not that I'm advocating this - the side effect and risk profile of cocaine is huge, and the same goes for pretty much any hard stimulant compared to the distinctly un-fun but biologically far more benign substances we might be able to acquire at a pharmacy. Op, at this time at least, obviously was not overly prone to compulsive redosing and apparently exhibited some caution throughout. Many won't, can't, or even if they do will still get into trouble through no fault of their own - on the whole, while it's not hard to figure out what happened here, it should not be taken as a reason, by anyone, to try doing a little old school medicine next time you need something.

There are good reasons that we have almost entirely moved on from cocaine as a medicine too - even besides the mindbogglingly dumb fucking racist, horrible, nonsensical fucking bullshit and US meddling in the affairs of weaker economies, less powerful demographics, and just the actions of a whole gaggle of absolute despicable cunts who kicked off the drug war and are almost entirely, directly to blame for the immeasurable human suffering that continues to result from it more than 50 years later... Fuck. Christ, I'm sorry I could go on but that was a tangent enough for now.