• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I take Valium daily. Would low dose hydrocodone be unsafe?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I'm currently in the process of tapering my Diazepam, trying to get off it. I've been on some form of benzo or another for about 2 and a half years. Down to 12.5mg of Valium a day. Would taking 5-10mg of Hydrocodone be unsafe, and put me at risk for OD'ing or dying? What about 50-100mg of Tramadol instead? I'm about a month out of being off Prozac and all SSRI's, which I took for about 6 years. Thanks everyone, and God bless. If it's not safe, I don't wanna test the waters!

-Garrett

Its just about knowing yourself man. Start with taking the hydrocodone first, don't take the Valium till after. Then if you're still not where you wanna be maybe try taking half the valium. Everyone has to find their own tolerance, thats how it works. So these types of questions are hard to answer...

well obviously valium and hydro are both CNS depressants, so mixing them would make both of them more potent.
5-10mg of hydro is a pretty sensible dose, but its all about knowing your own body. it doesn't sound like you have too much experience with opiates? so start low and work your way up.

You are not going to die from 5-10 mg of hydrocodone. That's a low dose, the Valium is a low dose and you are tolerant to it.

As you don't seem tolerant to opioids, take the 5 or 10 mg and see how you feel. What you do *not* want to do is take a large dose of opioids with no tolerance on top of a benzo.

imo this is pretty sketchy. mixing CNS depressants is *so* unpredictable, especially if you've got a low tolerance (to the opiates in this case).

to help me understand: why do you want to do this mixture? is it to potentiate the opiate? or is it that you want to do the hydro, but the valium is necessarily in your system already?

if you're trying to potentiate, i'd say don't do it this way (personally, i find that weed on top of opiates is a lovely mix). if it's the other, then i'd time your dose of the hydro so that it's peaking when your benzo levels are lowest... and def follow others' advice in terms of starting low with the hydro dose.

be safe!

I'm currently in the process of tapering my Diazepam, trying to get off it. I've been on some form of benzo or another for about 2 and a half years. Down to 12.5mg of Valium a day. Would taking 5-10mg of Hydrocodone be unsafe, and put me at risk for OD'ing or dying? What about 50-100mg of Tramadol instead? I'm about a month out of being off Prozac and all SSRI's, which I took for about 6 years. Thanks everyone, and God bless. If it's not safe, I don't wanna test the waters!

-Garrett

12,5 mg of Valium is basically 1 pill/tablet. Not bad at all.

Benzos mixed with opiates will make each other stronger and that means dangerous. It´s like asking if one pill of Valium is okay with one beer.

No one should recommend. But that´s a low dose even if you are not tolerant IMO/E only.

imo this is pretty sketchy. mixing CNS depressants is *so* unpredictable, especially if you've got a low tolerance (to the opiates in this case).

to help me understand: why do you want to do this mixture? is it to potentiate the opiate? or is it that you want to do the hydro, but the valium is necessarily in your system already?

if you're trying to potentiate, i'd say don't do it this way (personally, i find that weed on top of opiates is a lovely mix). if it's the other, then i'd time your dose of the hydro so that it's peaking when your benzo levels are lowest... and def follow others' advice in terms of starting low with the hydro dose.

be safe!

I don´t think you still need to use Valium 12,5 to zero is nothing. This is almost the minimum dose which would be 5 mg twice a day.
No withdraws IMO.

Ive taken benzos daily for almost 2 and a half years for panic disorder. I take the valium everyday, prescribed. I just want to have a nice opiate high. I used to dose high on hydros, but its been a long time. Just wanna make sure respiratory depression won't happen at this dose. Is it possible?

Everyone is different. For me, it's a very small dose. Not even enough to get high. But that's me. Why don't you dismiss the Valium, you have the tolerance for that. And 12 mg not used for a day. It's in your system and that's basically one pill.
Why are you worried?
I don't think so.. I would be more concerned in getting addicted to opiates. It's a harsh addiction to get away with.