• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I take 10mg valium a day, would 5-10mg hydrocodone be excessive?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I take 5mg valium in the morning, and 5mg valium at night. Did some focalin last night, and want to take a hydro tonight. It's a 10mg, but will start with 5.

I've taken codeine on and off for the past month, the highest being 60mg a time. I have taken benzodiazepines for almost 3 years daily, down to 10mg valium from 30, I'm tapering it.

Just want to see what your thoughts would be on this dose, and if respiratory depression would be a concern?

Thank you all.

If your circulation is naturally okay/good you will be fine.

*note, I am not a doctor. just have dosed bazaar amounts of those two and am still sane to this day. Where is my cat?

It is very unlikely. 5mg is a small dose, probably on par with the 60mg of codeine give or take.

You'll be fine, given these are commonly prescribed therapeutic doses. Just don't give in to the temptation to take more.

Thanks everyone! Had a nice little buzz, nothing special. I took 5mg of hydro, waited an hour and a half or so, and took the other 5mg. Just kinda chilled out after a long day at work and played GTA V.

I'm looking forward to being off valium, so I can actually take a decent dose of hydro like I used to. Of course, for various other reasons as well (benzos have fucked up my nervous system). Anyways, thanks for all the advice. ��

Sorry I'm late, but would like to add for future reference. In a opiate naive person or special case, even that dose can be deadly. Remember, never get cocky, or escalate doses too fast. Respect the doses and they will continue to work for you. You sound bright. Great question to post. This will help others.