• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I shall let the good people of blue light decide.

Well, I've never heard of the O one...is that a benzo or anti-pychotic?? And really valium I also find weak unless taken at high doses(40mg+) but unlike other benzo's it tends to make me lazy and deppresed if taken often...20mg wouldn't do anything after a while. Temazepam I only had once 10 years ago and I was like 18 and snorted 90mg,before I knew it was best to just eat them, or I think I ate two and snorted one but didn't get any kind of relaxation, but this was when in highschool when I would regulary take 40-60mg of valium twice a week, which worked great...but thats a high dose, probly why I didnt feel the temazepam. Mirtzapine I have taken for sleep and it knocked me OUT, but only the first few times then after that it didn't do anything for sleep and I wasn't prescribed it or taking on a regular basis AT ALL. So dunno what to tell ou =

Just so you know, I was on olanzapine for a while. Helped me a lot for a couple of years. Started having in increase of negative side effects and decided to get off of it. I have been sick for 10 months straight now and it has been far worse than quitting benzos or opiates. I can't imagine anything being worse actually. Hellacious withdrawal for almost a year now. You really should only take it if you absolutely need it and, even then, I would find something else. I now hate this drug with all of my being.

Benzos aren't really recreational if you are dependent on them and they are really a shitty high for the type of withdrawals you get. Benzos don't even work that well for that long.

Remeron will make you a total fat ass.

You need an option C...just smoke weed if you want to get high and calm down.

I'd definitely take Option A - although, I say that without real knowledge of your condition and what you want out of it.. mazzies aren't *that* weak if you want something to help you sleep.. No idea what they're like as a long-term / maintenance drug - but I find if I have no benzo tolerance, then even a single temazapan wll do wonders for helping me get to sleep. Compared to valium, I find it to be much stronger, at least in terms of making me sleepy. I have no idea how it is for panic/anxiety - although, I'd imagine not great - since I find it's not a real recreational bezno - in that i don't find it makes me feel at peace / content - but it really does make me tired and you did say you wanted it for night time.

Just so you know, I was on olanzapine for a while. Helped me a lot for a couple of years. Started having in increase of negative side effects and decided to get off of it. I have been sick for 10 months straight now and it has been far worse than quitting benzos or opiates. I can't imagine anything being worse actually. Hellacious withdrawal for almost a year now. You really should only take it if you absolutely need it and, even then, I would find something else. I now hate this drug with all of my being.

Benzos aren't really recreational if you are dependent on them and they are really a shitty high for the type of withdrawals you get. Benzos don't even work that well for that long.

Have you tried Risperdal. I find that it keeps me in check at a low dose. Higher dosages (2mg or more)blunt my emotions too much, but at dosages lower than 2mg work well for me. I think the doses for Risperdal start at .25mg That's my goal.
As far as benzos go, I've been on clonazepam for years, and it still works fine for me. I've taken 9mg of Xanax before at a Tool concert and stood there like a statue. Felt pretty good, but I wouldn't play like that any more. Benzos are not to be taken for granted.

I'm probably not a good person (by your definition) but I'd say : Fuck Benzos.

Have you tried Risperdal. I find that it keeps me in check at a low dose. Higher dosages (2mg or more)blunt my emotions too much, but at dosages lower than 2mg work well for me. I think the doses for Risperdal start at .25mg That's my goal.
As far as benzos go, I've been on clonazepam for years, and it still works fine for me. I've taken 9mg of Xanax before at a Tool concert and stood there like a statue. Felt pretty good, but I wouldn't play like that any more. Benzos are not to be taken for granted.

Yeah I tried Risperidal. I was on it for about a year at 2 mg. Didn't help me much and made me more depressed. I am done with APs and psych drugs in general. I've been on them all at one point or another over the last ten years or so. I've been through so many withdrawals with these drugs that I just want to go back to being bipolar without drugs and find alternative remedies for myself. Some helped for a while but they all stop working for me after a while and the WDs from APs are no joke for me.

I'm not sure the exact reason why but clonazepam seems to have a slightly different mechanism of action then most benzos and it seems to be one of the better ones for long term use overall. Benzos with a longer half life are preferred for long term use. Things like xanax generally only work for short term use. I think that long term benzo use has a lot of potential for increasing anxiety in the long term. Coming from someone that was forced to withdrawal almost cold turkey from benzos, I think long term damage can be done from an abrupt taper or cold turkey. Lots of these drugs can affect brain chemistry in some very undesirable ways and increase the symptoms of why you were taking them in the first place.

I'm almost off of the little bit of seroquel im taking and I am going to start reducing my gabapentin next which is no joke either. After it's all said and done it will take me a couple years at least to kick these drugs. At this point in my life, I desperately want to be free of these drugs and it makes me cringe any time people start messing around with them without giving them the respect that they deserve. Benzo withdrawal should not be taken lightly and just about every psych drug has potential for terrible withdrawal depending on individual biochemistry. Tread carefully and with respect.

You know what your talking about, yes, I'd love to just smoke weed, but I keep running dry and QLD government won't allow me to grow my own... So instead I must become dependent on substances that actually have the potential to harm me, what a world we live in..

a couple of thoughts here

1. diazepam is on the WHO list of essential medicines, it is not going to be discontinued on the world market any time soon, as you can bet your ass people will still divert tablets via silk road or w/e to countries that restrict access to it

2. dr should really only be prescribing benzos for short term usage, i thought it was very well established that they lose efficacy after a few weeks

3. BL doesn't condone people getting drugs out of their doctors just for comedowns and recreational usage... sure you may legit have insomnia but when doctors read about this kind of stuff (pts feeding them answers to get certain prescriptions) you're breaching a relationship of trust which is a dick move in general, and makes doctors more hesitant to use this kind of stuff in future.

4. everyone responds to drugs differently, you really have to try both temaz and diazepam before you can say which one is "better".

DONT GO FOR OLANZAPINE. its a great drug for severe psychiatric emergencies but it will make you put on fat (im talking 2kg a day). im not joking look up the stats on weight gain on onlanzapine

Like a previous poster said I found mirtazapine is legendary for depression associated not so much anxiety . remember benzos are depressants so an antidepressant will help balance shit out , after four years the weight gain has been minimal it does give u munchies like weed but , self control needed . I've found oxazepam in the morn 30 mg n mirtaz 45 mg at night with a few mls of clonazepam if needed (anxious) best of luck man ,

My doctor won't prescribe me clonazepam, I mentioned it to him and he said it was, in his books, for epileptics only. I asked about alprozolam and lorazepam, he told me, due to my past record of drug abuse, and being treated for the side effects of drug abuse (infection from injections/opiate overdose), he couldn't prescribe me these drugs, as they were too addictive and risky for some one with habitual tendencies like my self. He seems to see no problem with prolonged temazepam use though, and I get a script for 6 repeats, 2 boxes of 25 at a time, collectable every 40 days.

I didn't find mirtazapine or mianserin good both for depression and anxiety. They're good if you can't fall asleep although for that I always needed much less than the lowest prescribed dose for depression, for instance 10-15mg of mianserin was enough to help me fall asleep. After taking 30mg of mianserin along with Suboxone I was sedated and actually having some distinct CEVs.

I don't think it will change anything but I will repeat it again, don't ever get yourself dependent on benzodiazepines. It's like one of the shittiest addictions that you can develop, they stop working sooner than you might imagine and then you think you have to keep on taking them even though you can't feel anything from them any more. I spent much more time trying to start tapering than I had some real use of them. If you don't need them, don't take them at all, it's so easy to literally waste your whole life on this shit if you don't have strong will to decide to quit them and resistance to dissociative states of mind, the withdrawal is indeed an experience out of this world.