• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I see Dumb people.

Pop Popavich said:
That's pure fiction. It's obviously the case for your car (and I imagine probably about 50% of the rest of the cars out there), but that's chance more than anything else. I've checked a few cars since I got that email, and for most of them it's not the case.

On some cars the fuel warning light has a little arrow to tell people what side the filler is on, but most of them just rely on people being able to remember. If the hose side trick is true for your car, it's a handy way to remember, but it's not a deliberate indicator.

Damn.

Well it was pl4yer0ne that told me so feel happy in your superiority to his knowledge ;)

Myself, "I'd like a black coffee please"

coffee shop employee, "Would you like cream and sugar with that?"

...?

what really pisses me off is when you have to deal with some peanut behind a cash register who can't add up (and doesnt have a cash register that tells them how much change to give..)

i hate carrying coins... so try to give an approximate amount of cash so that i only get notes back in change (with maybe a gold coin or two in change..)

example..

item comes to $17.55

i give them $22.60

the amount of times i just get back $2.45 and have to then argue with them to get my proper change is just annoying.

learn to add up without a calculator dipshits.

What I find normally happens (working from your example) is that they'll give me back the $2.60 before they even attempt to do any calculations.

I then have to give it back to them, and explain that I'd prefer $5.05 over $2.45

I have a new best for this thread, well its got to be up there with my encounters anyways.

The following is a true story and occurred ten mins ago.

I will repeat verbatim.

I go to newsagency seeking a business diary but I cant find them and it appears they are sold out as there are some girly type ones available.

I approach the dude at the counter.

ME "Mate are the collins business diaries sold out are they?"

NEWSAGENT DUDE "Yes mate. We keep them in stock all year round and yet we have sold out in the past two weeks."

ME "Really? Thats unusual!"

NEWSAGENT DUDE "Yeah but we will have some more in on Wednesday."

Oh My God do I see dumb people.

Dead_Flowers said:
Myself, "I'd like a black coffee please"

coffee shop employee, "Would you like cream and sugar with that?"

...?

quality.

Across from where I work theres a seafood shop. I overhear the following question at least once a week...

Dumbarse: "Can I have a chicken sandwich please?"

MazDan said:
I have a new best for this thread, well its got to be up there with my encounters anyways.

The following is a true story and occurred ten mins ago.

I will repeat verbatim.

I go to newsagency seeking a business diary but I cant find them and it appears they are sold out as there are some girly type ones available.

I approach the dude at the counter.

ME "Mate are the collins business diaries sold out are they?"

NEWSAGENT DUDE "Yes mate. We keep them in stock all year round and yet we have sold out in the past two weeks."

ME "Really? Thats unusual!"

NEWSAGENT DUDE "Yeah but we will have some more in on Wednesday."

Oh My God do I see dumb people.

I don't follow this at all. So, they ran out of Collins Business Diaries... and they ordered new ones... and the new ones are arriving on Wednesday? What's the big deal? Is this a daily publication or something?

Doppelganger said:
What I find normally happens (working from your example) is that they'll give me back the $2.60 before they even attempt to do any calculations.

I then have to give it back to them, and explain that I'd prefer $5.05 over $2.45

Or how's the look of panic if you hand them the 55c after they've rung up the total with an odd amount of change. What they have in their hand and what they thought they were going to give back now does not compute. You can almost see the internal combustion occurring. I am really bad at math and I find myself helping automatically: "here, have the 55c and give me back $3."

Benefit said:
I don't follow this at all. So, they ran out of Collins Business Diaries... and they ordered new ones... and the new ones are arriving on Wednesday? What's the big deal? Is this a daily publication or something?

He made a point of saying that they had diaries in stock all year and yet had sold out during past 2 weeks................................ you dont see anything funny about that??

The guy couldnt understand why they had all sold so quickly in the past 2 weeks when the rest of year they sold none. Hello, its the start of a new year.

That doesn't seem that dumb to me, but as an American I probably have much lower expectations than you do.

MazDan said:
The guy couldnt understand why they had all sold so quickly in the past 2 weeks when the rest of year they sold none. Hello, its the start of a new year.

aaaah now i've got you. I was struggling with it too

guess it was the lack of gestures and tonality that prevented me from picking it up

I understood instantly! And that's rare, so I'm happy.

I remember once I was asking for advice on buying shampoo & conditioner in a hair products store, and the lady I was talking to asked me if my hair was dyed or not, which seems like a pretty normal question until you take into account the fact that my hair was green at the time.

So Peep's K-Now The Only Way Is UP....

I was sic(sic) at Summersault in 199~?

Guy also look awsome wi
green hair,
'specially when it be
an undercut
(ala Eddie Furlong T-2 length)
&
only the top part is dyed green.
Forest Green.

Maybe that's why some guy at the
Rancide stage
booted me
in the face....

Q&A
UnS
:)

Eggy and ben..................I guess I should have tried to convey the way that it was all expressed.....the dudes voice was seriously full of amazement...........He was honestly shocked by the way they had gone so fast.

vanth said:
I understood instantly! And that's rare, so I'm happy.

I remember once I was asking for advice on buying shampoo & conditioner in a hair products store, and the lady I was talking to asked me if my hair was dyed or not, which seems like a pretty normal question until you take into account the fact that my hair was green at the time.

lol, quality.

speaking of dumb... i've been saying to myself since i was 21 that on my 30th i would skydive and my partner is actually buying me a ticket for my birthday. I truley deep down thought i would never do it due to by the time i reached 30 i would have changed my mind or will always have another excuse as to why not to do it (money reasons probably :p)

I have however finally psyced myself up for it even though i'm still shitting myself that if the ticket is bought for me i would jump for sure. For some reason i thought we would be jumping from somewhere that would be maybe twice the height of the space probe at wonderland (which no one could ever get me on anyway!) and then realised that it's ALOT higher than that....

no good with anything mathmatical... which obviously includes distance and height etc... just can't visualise the stuff and my brain doesnt work that way... still feel like a dumb arse though... twice the height of the space probe

IDIOT! haha

anyone wanna join me by any chance? would love to do a big group jump...

I'm still shitting myself by the way but i will do it....

doofqueen said:
no good with anything mathmatical... which obviously includes distance and height etc... just can't visualise the stuff and my brain doesnt work that way... still feel like a dumb arse though... twice the height of the space probe

if you admitted that in an eastern country,
it would be shameful.

luckily, i guess you live in a society, which embraces such qualities.

People think i'm a dumb arse anyway on this place. I don't really care anymore though. It used to bother me but the people that actually know me KNOW me so i'm all good with that :)

muzby said:
what really pisses me off is when you have to deal with some peanut behind a cash register who can't add up (and doesnt have a cash register that tells them how much change to give..)

i hate carrying coins... so try to give an approximate amount of cash so that i only get notes back in change (with maybe a gold coin or two in change..)

example..

item comes to $17.55

i give them $22.60

the amount of times i just get back $2.45 and have to then argue with them to get my proper change is just annoying.

learn to add up without a calculator dipshits.

I am guilty of this. So I'm shithouse at mental arithmetic? So what? Money is money, who cares if you have to carry a bit of shrappers?

Just because I can't add numbers in my head, and I have to use a calculator...this doesn't make me a dipshit! I will happily write you a critical analysis of an essay or a novel with complete and concise referencing, just don't fucking give me the "2.75" after I've rung up your sixpack. Jeez.

Working in a bank call centre, I get some absolute classics. Not only with people not knowing how many loans or bank accounts they hold with us. A semi-regular question is "What is this debit interest thing?" with respect to loans and credit cards.

My all time favourite was explaining how a credit card worked to some poor girl. I actually felt really sorry for her. She rang up and said

'I've reached my credit card limit, can I get a new one'

After a bit of confused questioning on both sides I came to the realisation that she thought it was just like a phone card and when it reached it's limit, one just throws it away and gets a new one. I had to end that call quickly to keep myself from giggling but I think she was still in shock that she actually had to pay back the 4000.00 she had spent...