• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I relapsed to heron from years of suboxone, I need help getting back on

The more times you jump back and forth the harder it will become to re-stabilize on the Suboxone. As long as you wait until you are in moderate withdrawal (usually 24 hours after a dose of heroin) you shouldn't have to worry about PWD. Instead of calling your dealer perhaps you should re-dose more Suboxone thereby removing the physiological symptoms and easing the psychological ones by removing the reward of shooting heroin due to the blocking effect.

i have found totally the opposite, i used to have to wait 24 hours but nowdays i've been able to switch back to subs after 8 hours without pwd. I find that titrating the dose from a super small dose over a couple hours works well.

but if you go to a drs office that isn't an option.

If your really set on quitting pick a day you wanna quit and that you have plenty Suboxone and try to lower how much your doing day by day of the H and stop doing it and wait til you feel super sick and start on suboxone and just keep on it. Usually have to wait a full 24 hours if you don't wanna risk Precipitated Withdrawals. Those are the worst feeling ever and you have to wait it out.

i have found totally the opposite, i used to have to wait 24 hours but nowdays i've been able to switch back to subs after 8 hours without pwd. I find that titrating the dose from a super small dose over a couple hours works well.

but if you go to a drs office that isn't an option.

This is my plan for in a couple days. Why in a couple days? Well, I want to be back home and stable. I have been going back and forth helping with family issues for the last couple weeks and tomorrow I will finally be back home.

I just hit hit the three week mark where I stopped taking suboxone and honestly, I liked it better being on the stability of suboxone day to day, instead of the up and down of heroin.

im not sure how long into the next day I can wait. These days I wake up feeling watery and sniffly and edgy. So it is actually making me remember how the suboxone was in fact working. Because the withdrawals feel different, heroin comes on much quicker and harder, where suboxone is gradual and not nearly as bad. It had just been so long that I forgot.

so I am shooting for thrusday or Friday. I will wake up and try to take it easy until I feel bad enough that I cave in and take subs. When you say you start really small, how small do you start? I was thinking I could start at 1-2 mg every hour, until I felt better even if it took hours and hours of this.

i was going to save a little bit of h, just in case I get thrown into pwd and have to take that to get myself back out of it. I have also heard that some people with a. Hard time readjusting take small amints of heroin for the first couple of nights to sleep and readjust.

I will try to be as strong as possible though. Is this a good plan?

I do this a lot as I've been on subs for atleast 6 years , I'll get high with oxi or pana as soon as I wake up then by 1-2 o'clock my legs start hurting and I just feel depressed and sluggish so I'll say fuck it and take like 2 millys of subby and I don't get a mood lift or any euphoria but my legs will stop hurting and I can stand up atleast. But in 6 years I've read a lot about PWD but I've never experienced it , I guess I'm lucky!!!

Or, well, as siq and some other people pointed out, maybe pwd are not that common. We just hear about them because they are bad and people write about them. Kind of like you may hear on the new about a robbery in your town but you didn't hear new storied about all the homes and businesses that didn't get robbed. So it makes the place seem more dangerous than it really is. You know what I'm trying to say. Maybe that is a bad example.

I was on subs for 8 years and needed to be detoxed from it in order to successfully get off it. Tried cold turkey, tried weening, but was never able to be clean of it for any real time. When I first got on it I would screw around and do heroin pretty often and only had precips once, but it was enough. I had paws for a few months and am clean now. I wish that they wouldn't give skyhigh dosages because although it will keep you from abusing most opiates it really makes it much harder to come off of than if it were just 2mg. I suggest doing a super slow taper. I did .25mg every other week once I got down to 6mg, some may say it was akin to pulling off a bandaid really slow but if it gives you a better chance at success, why not?