• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I put to you: My adderall binge questions

la82012

Greenlighter
I'd just like to get feedback on whether my experiences are typical and if not, how others do it. Most importantly I want to know about binge dosing.

To preface, I'm prescribed 20mg twice a day for my add but I'm not always on it bc of insurance lapses and such, and I do take it recreationally as well.

How long do you binge for? Mine are almost always right at or a few hours over 48 hours. I like to binge once in a while to get things done I don't normally have the energy to do (physically or socially demanding activities, etc) due to chronic pain and ptsd/anxiety (when you struggle so hard to just live life on life's terms, two days a few times a month to get to feel and act like a normal, functional adult is almost priceless), to spend quality time with friends here and there or if there's an important occasion where I have to socialize (I'm a huge introvert and verbal conversation is hard), to have a couple days where I know I'll be happy and bouncy, and for the sexual benefits it gives me and therefore my hubby too lol.

What's your start dose? I usually start with 45-60mg, of that I eat 30-45 and snort 15.

What's your max dose for a binge? After my start dose, I'll dose up every 3-4 hours or so with 10-15mg and so for a two day binge I end up taking 6-8 30mg pills. My tolerance has gone up a bit lately though so I think I want to up my start dose and total dose and need feedback on how high I can go without completely frying my brain lol.

Is it worth the comedown for you? It absolutely, hands down is for me. My lows aren't fun by any means, I get sore muscles, sometimes vicious headaches and a brain that won't shut off when my body is too exhausted to keep going, but all the plusses far outweigh that to me!

Thanks bunches for taking the time to read this and hopefully share how you do it with me! :-D

I'm not a fan of adderall, I scored 6, 20mg XR. And I took them all at once, and I know they are extended release but I never felt a thing, I could not sleep, and actually just got very paranoid. That's it, not what I was expecting with all I've heard about them. I'm 15, and have had loads of opiate exp. I've heard of adderall being used for sexual enhancement, but nothing crossed my mind like that, all I encountered was insomnia and great paranoia. My eyes felt a little jumpy at times but that's it. Because I felt nothing, about 3 hours later, I took 8, 5mg oxycodone, not sure if it was the mix, or because of I'm always dosing on oxy, but the day after I had terrible withdrawal symptoms. I mean terrible. I probably wouldn't go past 200mg of adderall, just cause you are running the risk of OD, and other health problems, it was my first time and I took 120mg. But you also have a tolerance built up to adderall, so that helps, just don't jump it up to fast, and you'll be fine. Slowly progress your dosage levels up. That's the best thing, but 200mg is as high as I would go.

My Amp. binges typically would last around 3/4 days, limited by the slight insanity that sleep deprivation and powerful stimulants tend to cause. Trying to calculate the exact amount of psychosis you can get away with is not healthy at all, (shockingly; you can't really "get away with" much...) neither is having a higher BPM than the music you're dancing too. Stim binges really are not worth the negative effects down the line, took me too long to realise that. 240mg is a lot of Amphetamine to be taking, and binging only serves to ratchet up your tolerance even further.

I'm not a fan of adderall, I scored 6, 20mg XR. And I took them all at once, and I know they are extended release but I never felt a thing, I could not sleep, and actually just got very paranoid. That's it, not what I was expecting with all I've heard about them. I'm 15, and have had loads of opiate exp. I've heard of adderall being used for sexual enhancement, but nothing crossed my mind like that, all I encountered was insomnia and great paranoia. My eyes felt a little jumpy at times but that's it. Because I felt nothing, about 3 hours later, I took 8, 5mg oxycodone, not sure if it was the mix, or because of I'm always dosing on oxy, but the day after I had terrible withdrawal symptoms. I mean terrible. I probably wouldn't go past 200mg of adderall, just cause you are running the risk of OD, and other health problems, it was my first time and I took 120mg. But you also have a tolerance built up to adderall, so that helps, just don't jump it up to fast, and you'll be fine. Slowly progress your dosage levels up. That's the best thing, but 200mg is as high as I would go.

Bro, with no tolerance, 200mg of adderall could probably kill you. Or at least provide a very shitty experience. As a new user, 40mg should be more then enough. It sounds to me like you overdosed the first time, hence the no sleep and high paranoia. Dose less next time, not more... And yes, the percs woulda killed the addy high. I find the addy high is quite subtle, not a smack you in the face euphoria, but rather, "wow this cleaning is so good right now I'm going to keep cleaning my whole house, holy shit I'm mr.clean." It seems to bring an edge of euphoria to doing tedious tasks.

Dose less next time, not more...

Or just don't dose at all....... Dropping that much Addie with no experience was begging for a horrific psychotic episode, if not something worse.

If you're going to do drugs, don't do them idiotically. Moderation and harm reduction are in your best interests.

15 years old and dosing 120mg af Addy for first time on top of that a regular oxy user, get it out of the way while you're young I guess..wow!! But yeah, I agree it's kind of a disappointing pharma for me too as far as a euphoria standpoint. It is however very useful in being productive and getting stuff done and pretty problem free if dosed early in the day at reasonable dosages

Or just don't dose at all....... Dropping that much Addie with no experience was begging for a horrific psychotic episode, if not something worse.

If you're going to do drugs, don't do them idiotically. Moderation and harm reduction are in your best interests.

Well said sir!

Yeah DrugsRme, you should've started with a WAY lower dose. I did something similar the second or third time I tried adderall when I was 13. I took 210mg and all it did was cause EXTREME paranoia and even hallucinations, plus I couldn't eat or sleep for two days. If you have no stimulant tolerance I wouldn't go above 50mg-60mg vyvanse or 20mg adderall.

Last edited:
My love/hate relationship with dextroamphetamine (both in the forms of IR mixed salts Adderall, and Dexedrine IR) began in college when I found the side effect of loving mundane tasks, and increased productivity too much to avoid. The downside is that I have a VERY addictive personality and a tendency to consume heroic dosages of drugs. It's now 10 years since I first took Adderall, and I've taken breaks as long as 4 years and my binges would never exceed the 50 hour mark. Numerous other substances were also in the picture while taking the adderall. My last binge on Adderall lasted 3 days and I consumed 360mgs of IR Adderall with no sleep and minimal food and water. The comedown and month of depression that followed was so intense that I may never take the substance again, albeit I've said that about 500 times in my life. Being a business owner in a fast paced environment, there is nothing better than checking tasks off of your lists in record time!

In terms of recreational use, I aborted my usage of MDMA/MDA after 10 years of abusing it and I'm now 5 months clean from X. I now find that the perfect (and minimally neurotoxic compound stack) to take when dancing out with friends is 90mgs of Adderall IR taken at once and taking 2 grams of GHB every 2 hours to add to the euphoria and take away the edginess from the salts.

When I was prescribed it I would take it 5 days a week, never in large or moderate doses, I did not binge on it, I'd go for months without taking it in the summer, and I took it orally. I never took more than 15mg that I ramped up the dose on. I only took it for about 2 years, and I was monitored by a medical professional the entire time.

I did have friends who would take very large doses of adderall. They did it orally, or by putting it up their nose. I met a guy at a party through mutual friends that told me how he really loved to vaporize/freebase high doses of adderall the way people do with crack and meth.

Please take your medication as prescribed. If you don't, you kind of ruin it for people that really need it. You also hurt your brain/heart, and risk losing your prescription.

I am not sure if the two are related but after an extreme adderall binge, my right hand and arm lost circulation. It was pale, swollen and numb. I immediately went to the ER and the MD tried telling me it was a sprain. Does anyone know if this can because br stimulants???u

Thanks for all the input! And to whoever said please take your meds as prescribed, eat me. I'm not ruining anything for anyone because I don't go begging for new prescriptions when I run out early, etc. Therefore no one knows when/how I take my monthly supply bc it's none of their business. I know what it's like to need something and be judged bc others abuse it and ruin it, aka those that fake injury or illness for pain meds and constantly beg for refills or at the er, because I'm also a chronic pain patient. So I find it pretty rude that you would put me in that category when I'm using only my own supply and staying to myself.

To all others, again thanks for the responses and feel free to keep in touch! :)

Oh also on a side note, I didn't know smoking or shooting it was even a possibility either! But I won't ever put a needle in my body that's not stifled by a medical professional, and smoking pills just seems drastically unwise... to each his own I suppose

Bro, with no tolerance, 200mg of adderall could probably kill you. Or at least provide a very shitty experience. As a new user, 40mg should be more then enough. It sounds to me like you overdosed the first time, hence the no sleep and high paranoia. Dose less next time, not more... And yes, the percs woulda killed the addy high. I find the addy high is quite subtle, not a smack you in the face euphoria, but rather, "wow this cleaning is so good right now I'm going to keep cleaning my whole house, holy shit I'm mr.clean." It seems to bring an edge of euphoria to doing tedious tasks.
just the other night I had quite a few shots of pinnacle, and about 8 beers and had 8, 20mg adderall along with 6, 5mg oxycodone and I felt like the adderall was working as if I was like "ohhh look at that. Lets count the number of pixels on the tv" then the oxys had me couch bound, but with the alcohol I was like damn. I had a good ass night. Didn't go to sleep, I didn't want to. I was too busy enjoying the euphoria.

I am prescribed 20mg twice a day too. I hate being on 20-40mg daily. I get one hour worth of energy and then it fades away. Meanwhile, my friends who take it once a month have an amazing euphoric time on 20mg.

My favorite dose would be 80mg IR with low tolerance. My tolerance is through the roof, but only because I have been taking 40mg everyday for half a year.

Funny you get bent out of shape about people telling you what they think. You came here they didn't bang on your door and the only reason you came here instead of say a Doctor is because you know the outcome might be different. Your abusing drugs and no rationalization on your part will change it. You may believe your one in a million who can do it without totally screwing your life up but your probably not and you will find out one day. Just remember some of the advice you got early when it could have been so much easier for you. Your future will end up one of 2 ways, you will end up in the hospital or in rehab someplace. As long as you have someone to take care of you it won't seem as bad but as the year(s) go by and you find yourself in a mess you will have only one person to blame. You

My average binge would be about 40 hours, but I've had binges of over 60 hours as well.

I don't bomb, because the few times I did, I was awake for 3 days straight without redosing.

My snorted dose has gone way down since I've found a supplier selling a 67% pure product. I don't use a scale for speed, but guess I make around 40mg lines. One line keeps me up for hours, but I feel the need to redose, to maintain the real high.

I don't have a maximum dose-rule, but my average amount over a binge would be around 200mg.

I try to avoid intense physical activities on stims, since my family is filled with heart failures. I did get my heart checked, which turned out to be in perfect shape, but I still rather not unnecessarily risk it.

I never really experienced the comedown as terrible. I always time mymy binge to end at night, so that I can go to bed directly and keep a normal sleeping pattern. I'm usually pretty lazy the next day, can't get myself to do anything useful, but that's it for a hangover/comedown.

Did I skip any questions?