• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I pass out every time I use heroin, taking too much?

Naxelarius

Greenlighter
I'm new to bluelight so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this or it's already been answered. I'm new to heroin, I've been using for about a month. I stopped taking my suboxone and started using heroin IV (I know, it's bad). The thing is, to compensate for my suboxone tolerance, I started out taking a large amount of heroin. Now every time I use I end up passed out on the floor in about 10 minutes. I'm not sure how long I pass out but it seems like an hour, perhaps much longer. When I wake up, I'm glad I'm alive but I feel euphoric, no nodding really, just kinda speedy. My stupid question is, am I taking too much? I'd rather have a nice nod than pass out. Should I take less?

-Naxelarius

Are you sure that what you are taking is heroin? at first I thought that the passing out thing you was refering too was in fact nodding out but reading the last part it seems like you can recognize and differentiate a nod from passing out, I would test the H to see if it has any fent in it, the passing out stuff happened to me several times with fentanyl ( except I knew that I was doing fent ). the euphoria thing may be a sign that it's not cut with fent ( I do not find fent as euphoric as smack ) but I would say that you are better safe than sorry, I would say to use half the usual dose ( if it gets you well/out of w/d and you do not pass out it may be ok but if you do pass out with half of a usual dose it may be a sign of being cut with fent or analogues although it could be due to the purity but I would still test it out and ask around your area people with more experience about what's happening in your local gear scene

I have to agree it does sound like fentanyl with passing out for an hour than waking up feeling okay, but more well then anything. Definitely look into checking out the local needle exchange to see if they have the rapid response fentanyl test that most are starting to hand out. It's just a pee test for fentanyl so theoretically anything that tests for fentanyl only should work if you mix the possibly fentanyl tainted water with the urine test, but it's best to use the same kind.

I'm looking for a needle exchange near me but the closest one seems to be an hour and a half away. In the meantime I've ordered those fentanyl testers as I know in the past fentanyl will straight up knock you out (or kill you).