• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I need help with Kratom, maybe it just doesn't work for me?

BenarGila

Bluelighter
Hi, I'm a 20 year old, 129lb, 5'3 mild drug user. I am new to this site so I will give a brief intro about my drug use.
I've mostly taken oxycodone (30 to 40mg to feel good, hydrocodone (40mg to get a good buzz), and tramadol (200mg to feel something, 300 to 400 for a nice buzz) as for opiates/opioids. I also have a history with benzodiazepines, mostly clonazepam, for severe anxiety. About 3mg a day, spread out through the day.

My question is, I'm really in some pain from a surgery recently and only have Bali Kratom Kaps here with me. I capsule is a half gram. I've taken 8 at once with no effects..
What would be a good dose to try next? I'm thinking about taking 8 again, then maybe 4 more. Equal to 6 grams of Bali kratom. What do you all think? Also, will the clonazepam help potientiate the kratom? I just want some pain relief and a bit of a euphoric buzz.

Thanks in advance,
Benar.

P.S. I am sorry if this goes against any rules, I just am pretty desperate for advice and thought this might be the place to go.

Update: 45 minutes ago I took 8 Bali Kratom Kaps, which is 4g, and 1mg clonazepam. I'm starting to feel a slight euphoria, warming, floaty. I also smoked a bit f flavored tobacco. I ate 1 hour before dosing. I feel good but sleepy, yet social (unusual for me since I have severe social phobia) and slight pain relief. My muscles feel relaxed.

Just now I took 1g Bali kratom mixed in with applesauce. I will update the end results soon.

Last edited:
Kratom capsules are by far the worst route of administration for kratom. Next time, buy powder from a good online vendor and google for 'kratom water bottle' or 'kratom toss and wash', and use those methods.

Since you're stuck with the capsules now-

You'll need 10-12 of them for any relief, based on your opiod tolerance. Take them on a totally empty stomach. Follow up with a warm drink- tea, hot chocolate, whatever. It'll really help activate the kratom. After taking them, if you don't get adequate relief within 30 minutes, take another 3-4.

Hey there, thank you for the reply and suggestions. I only had the capsules because someone bought them and then didn't like the nausea, so gave me the rest.

I'll look into buying some of better stuff from a reliable vendor very soon and see if my results are better.

I took a total of 14 capsules tonight, about 7g. First I took 4g, then another 1g, then I took the rest of what I had just now, 2g, and drank a nice cup of bedtime tea and took a hot bath. I'm feeling something but it's mostly just slight euphoria, good mood, and my back pain is almost gone, but my surgery pain is still there. Plus, I think this has some kind of sexual affect on me. At least I'll get a good night sleep from it.

Do you have any recommendations on a good vendor for high quality kratom, reasonably priced?

pot helps togo with the kratom in my 1 and only experience with the stuff but ive done absolutely no research on kratom itself so since this forum is all about safety, maybe im not the best to take advice from.

should really look into kratom for comedown/withdrawal from methamphetamine next time i have a sesh that goes days on end.

good luck to you and heres to hoping you get well

I love kratom. I use it for recreational purposes though and not for pain management.

Check back in with us after you order something of quality from a trusted vendor. Makes a big difference.

Keep your expectations in check, though. This isn't a legal Oxy or anything. Kratom effects are pretty subtle...my favorite part is the euphoria and the energy.

I recommend the Plantation Maeng Da. You only need to dose at half of what you'd dose at for regular red vein.

Get some good Maeng da and start at 1 level teaspoon (which is 2.5 to 3 grams). Take it on an empty stomach...it's especially nice with weed or even a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. See how that helps your pain. Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions!

I'm feeling something but it's mostly just slight euphoria, good mood, and my back pain is almost gone, but my surgery pain is still there. Plus, I think this has some kind of sexual affect on me. At least I'll get a good night sleep from it.

That's about what to expect from kratom - it's never going to get you 'wasted', but most of us who take it daily are either looking for the euphoria/mood lift it provides or for pain relief. It's not as intoxicating as traditional opiods, but for it's intended purposes, it's incredibly effective and I love it. Glad it gave you some relief.

Thank you all for your your replies. I will look into getting some better Kratom, very soon, and update with results. I can't smoke weed because it makes my anxiety unbelievably high, but I do notice that clonazepam and Kratom works very nice together.

I did like the effect I got last night at an about 7g dose. Hopefully this will help keep me away from other things, like stronger pain pills.

Update and question. I just ordered a 10g sampler of Baik Bali Kratom from Mmm, Speciosa! .

Does anyone have experience with this company or this strain of Kratom? I was going to get the Plantation Maeng Da, but I heard that it's a more stimulating strain than the Bali.

I just took 5g of baik Bali kratom mixed with chocolate milk, and a couple hours ago I took 200mg tramadol with .5mg clonazepam and a benadryl because I've been getting hives. So I'm feeling pretty good, lots of pain relief and euphoria, and I actually feel a nod coming on. Time to lay in the dark and try to get a good nights sleep for once.. I feel so comfortable, like I'm floating on a cloud.

I also gave my girlfriend who has severe rib pain 5grams of red Bali Kratom and it seemed to help her a lot. I'm glad, because I love her with everything I have and I hate to see her in pain.

I only ordered one 10g sample and got two other free 10g samples of different strains! I was so excited. 30 grams for the price of 10.