• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I need help! I made a couple of mistakes with the concerta and now I am very sorry :(

babilonko

Greenlighter
I finally found a place where I can talk about my problem
the first mistake I made with the concerta was that I started with a dose of 54mg so I had a hard time falling asleep at night ... but in the morning I would feel the concerta work and my concentration was better during the day and I was calmer... after a few days I made a big mistake... I drank 54mg in the morning ,after a few hours I wanted to achieve euphoria with the concerta so I took a 36mg tablet and cut it into 8 pieces to release the whole dose at once... I felt a kind of euphoria for an hour and a half -2... then I drank diazepam of 10mg... then again I cut a 36 milligram pill into eight pices and drank ... and another 10 misligrams of diazepam... after half an hour I started to feel stupid( there was no euphoria and it was not a good feeling) so that day I drank 54 + 36 + 36 -126mg( it was the highest dose I had taken in one day)... I made the same mistake 3-4 times but without diazepam(and I did not feel positive euphoria) next morning I got up and drank only 54mg... my hands were shaking a little and my heart was pounding badly( I felt as like my nervous system was irritated) I realized I had made big mistakes when I cut a 36mg concerta into 8 pieces with a knife to release the medicine right away(I am so sorry now and angry at myself) I am so worried that I have raised my tolerance on concerta in just a few days of taking a concerta in wrong way... I hope that's not true and I hope everything will be fine ... I hope to meet people here who understand me and who will want to talk to me about my problem... I started drinking at the concerta 1 month ago ... after the mistakes I made i felt like my 54mg was too little for me... so I increased it to 72mg but I was still not happy with the effect ,than 4 days I drank 90mg and last 3days I drank 108 mg... I finally felt the effect of the concerta(108mg)(initial effect after 30-45min after taking the concerta)... I am afraid to further increase the dose because I haven’t seen a lot of people drink more than 108mg... I am also worried about reducing the dose to 72mg... will my tolerance to the drug stabilize ??? can i expect 72mg or 54mg to be enough for me?can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???

Are you prescribed this? To get positive medicinal effects you should be taking the same dose regularly.

Good news is you shouldn't have permanently fucked your tolerance. If you take a two week break your tolerance should return to normal.

can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???
Yes.

It falls quickly when you abstain though. Whether I'm on methylphenidate or dexamphetamine I have to take regular breaks to keep tolerance in check.

Source: Have ADHD was prescribed concerta for over a decade.

Yes.

It falls quickly when you abstain though. Whether I'm on methylphenidate or dexamphetamine I have to take regular breaks to keep tolerance in check.

this time I drink the concert for 40 days ... of which I drank 54mg for 5 days ... then I abused it for 3-4 days (up to 126mg a day) after that I started drinking for 72mg for about 15 days and then I and then I drank 90mg for 4 days and then I drank 108mg for 3 days ... then I came to this forum to explain what happened ... I got some answers and support so I decided to reduce the dose to 72mg per day ... I think a dose of 72mg helps me even though I have noticed that I talk less than at 108mg ... and I think I need this medicine and my doctor told me that I will have to take it for the rest of my life ... I hesitate to take a break for a few days of not drinking medicine because without medicine I am tired confused disoriented and restless ... please for advice and answers to questions ... please help as much as you can because I have a severe ADHD case (my TOVA test shows -22.59) I am afraid to stop taking the medicine I'm afraid to take a break from the medicine for a few days in order to reduce the tolerance! My question is whether the tolerance will stabilize if I continue to drink 72mg?

My question is whether the tolerance will stabilize if I continue to drink 72mg
I doubt it. 72mg is a high dose, just about the highest anyone should need to take therapeutically tbh (and with therapeutic use one would be spreading it over the entire day, not taking it all at once, as you have been). You need to take a break and if you want your tolerance to stay low you need to stop abusing it like you have been because it will cause your tolerance to shoot up within days.

Last edited:
How are you even prescribed this much. I doubt 108-126mg is the prescribed dose so you'll run out before your refill anyways, which means a tolerance break.
I just got 18mg tablets with the possibility of going up to 36 mg. This made me realize it's best not to cut up or crush the stuff, thank you.
Yes.

How often do you take breaks and how long are they? and have you crushed it up before? I was thinking a 4-5 days on 18-36 mg then a few days off during the weekend (when my work isn't so heavy). It's a good question posed though, will the withdrawal be every weekend if I stick to the schedule here?

Check out my recent thread too

How are you even prescribed this much. I doubt 108-126mg is the prescribed dose so you'll run out before your refill anyways, which means a tolerance break.
I just got 18mg tablets with the possibility of going up to 36 mg. This made me realize it's best not to cut up or crush the stuff, thank you.

How often do you take breaks and how long are they? and have you crushed it up before? I was thinking a 4-5 days on 18-36 mg then a few days off during the weekend (when my work isn't so heavy). It's a good question posed though, will the withdrawal be every weekend if I stick to the schedule here?

Check out my recent thread too
I havent been on anything for a couple of months, but when I was on Methylphenidate I’d skip them any chance I got. Still, with work and school that wasn’t always often. It’s hard to give you numbers because I’ve always been so inconsistent. It has a short half life and tolerance seems to reset quickly (taking as little as a week off seemed to make a big difference to tolerance for me). ‘Withdrawal’ might be an extreme term, I’d be quite tired and quite hungry for 2 or 3 days. Methylphenidate I found more forgiving than dexamphetamine in this respect.

I finally found a place where I can talk about my problem
the first mistake I made with the concerta was that I started with a dose of 54mg so I had a hard time falling asleep at night ... but in the morning I would feel the concerta work and my concentration was better during the day and I was calmer... after a few days I made a big mistake... I drank 54mg in the morning ,after a few hours I wanted to achieve euphoria with the concerta so I took a 36mg tablet and cut it into 8 pieces to release the whole dose at once... I felt a kind of euphoria for an hour and a half -2... then I drank diazepam of 10mg... then again I cut a 36 milligram pill into eight pices and drank ... and another 10 misligrams of diazepam... after half an hour I started to feel stupid( there was no euphoria and it was not a good feeling) so that day I drank 54 + 36 + 36 -126mg( it was the highest dose I had taken in one day)... I made the same mistake 3-4 times but without diazepam(and I did not feel positive euphoria) next morning I got up and drank only 54mg... my hands were shaking a little and my heart was pounding badly( I felt as like my nervous system was irritated) I realized I had made big mistakes when I cut a 36mg concerta into 8 pieces with a knife to release the medicine right away(I am so sorry now and angry at myself) I am so worried that I have raised my tolerance on concerta in just a few days of taking a concerta in wrong way... I hope that's not true and I hope everything will be fine ... I hope to meet people here who understand me and who will want to talk to me about my problem... I started drinking at the concerta 1 month ago ... after the mistakes I made i felt like my 54mg was too little for me... so I increased it to 72mg but I was still not happy with the effect ,than 4 days I drank 90mg and last 3days I drank 108 mg... I finally felt the effect of the concerta(108mg)(initial effect after 30-45min after taking the concerta)... I am afraid to further increase the dose because I haven’t seen a lot of people drink more than 108mg... I am also worried about reducing the dose to 72mg... will my tolerance to the drug stabilize ??? can i expect 72mg or 54mg to be enough for me?can tolerance to the drug can be impaired in just a few days of taking it incorrectly ???
What do you mean you drank it?

I'm on dexamphetamine and I take it regularly. I take it for narcolepsy and ADHD so I can't often take as many breaks from it as I'd like as if I was just prescribed it for ADHD.

I once tested to see if I could even get high off it by taking around 16x5mg in one night but I fell asleep at around 1am, and my tolerance wasn't permanently fucked afterwards.

I have noticed my tolerance increasing as time has gone on so I try to vary between taking 10mg at a time and 5mg at a time (typically I'll take 10mg in the morning, 5mg at midday, and 5mg at 4pm then if I absolutely need to another 5mg at 8pm if for any reason like going out at night). Occasionally I'll have a really good day like I did recently where I only had to take 5mg through the whole day and I felt amazing.

So would you have fucked your tolerance in one single day? No, not if I take 20-40mg daily every day and you are actually prescribed it. It wasn't a great idea, but you won't have done any permanent damage not completely blasted your tolerance. You could just return to taking your regular dose I think and you'll be fine.

If you want to be extra certain, feel free to take a week or so off the meds to completely reset it. I mean, I even use methamphetamine regularly once a month and it hasn't fucked up my tolerance.