• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I mixed klonopin with vodka, I feel really tired and don't know if I'm overthinking

fixedatzero

Greenlighter
Hi,

I've been on benzos for about 9 years. I am prescribed 4mg of clonazepam a day (yes, I know it's a lot) and I did take that much today but I was hanging with my friends who were all drinking and I decided to take 2 shots of vodka. I definitely feel drunk, intoxicated, my heart rate is fast but I think I'm anxious that I might go to sleep and not wake up. I've had a beer once with klonopin and I don't remember it affecting me that much but was taking 2 shots of vodka too much with 4mg of clonazepam? I'm don't feel like my breathing is slowing down that much. It just feels like a crappy kind of drunk if I can remember what being drunk feels like.

Is there a chance I could die while I'm sleeping still? It was a stupid mistake but I don't want to call the ER and make a it a big, embarassing thing and I know that sounds dumb because it's my life. I just wanted to have a little fun tonight and I know I made a mistake.

Thank you

You're fine you have a tolerance of daily benzo use you definitely won't die from two shots. I don't have a tolerance and have taken 7mg of klonopin on top of several shots (not recommended) i blacked out and acted stupid but still. I am 99.9% sure you're just overthinking it

Alcohol does not mix well with benzos for a lot of people, myself included and causes bad dysphoria and emotional weakness, I dont know why people like to mix them.

How long have you been on 4mg?

If you are taking 4mg of Clonazepam a day for a while, I'd say you should be good after two shots of vodka, perhaps you'd do with no blackouts or becoming very forgetful. Normally to someone without the tolerance it could present a real danger.

If you start falling asleep, try to keep yourself in a recovery position.

god the best thing is to eat a bunch of benzo's and drink a fifth the synergistic effect is awesome ..like a hammer..1 RULE ..eat the pills FIRST wait to get a buzz THEN DRINK…other way around and you might choke on your own vomit

You may experience alot of nausea and feelings of being light headed, its most likely due to low blood pressure happened to me the other day lay down try not to move and wait for the alcohol to wear off. It happens when i mix alcohol and opiates or benzos always makes me feel sick to much stomach, there nothing to worry about with only 2 shots, it will be over in an hour

Thanks for all the responses. I was really worried. I drank a lot of water and when I eventually fell asleep, I wasn't as worried and it was fine. I had some unusually vivid dreams and woke up with a headache but took a few ibuprofen and actually woke up again later feeling better than usual (more alert, not groggy). Must have been a paradoxical effect but I don't plan on ever mixing the two again.

Alcohol does not mix well with benzos for a lot of people, myself included and causes bad dysphoria and emotional weakness, I dont know why people like to mix them.

How long have you been on 4mg?

If you are taking 4mg of Clonazepam a day for a while, I'd say you should be good after two shots of vodka, perhaps you'd do with no blackouts or becoming very forgetful. Normally to someone without the tolerance it could present a real danger.

If you start falling asleep, try to keep yourself in a recovery position.

Great answer. ++++ . This applies to other situations as well, but if you ever think you may be sick this is good. Whenever I mixed heavy alcohol with anything I slept this way,

OP, glad you are doing fine. It is always wise to check if you are not sure.

I've done this combo countless times. It really is a heavy, heady and dirty buzz Imo. Especially if it's Xanax and hard liquor.

That mix in particular would always give me a ticklish, fluttering feeling in my chest. Fucking weird combo. If you want to get fucked out of your mind retarded , then go no further than booze and benzos.

It's not fun to me anymore though, and neither is Xanax by itself. Medicinal doses of kpin are another story.