• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I messed up, need a little advice.

Treybudd

Greenlighter
So I've been on bupemaintenance (suboxone strips) for about 4 months. Started at 16mg daily and am now down to 2mg daily. Last night I cracked and went and bought 45 mg of oxycodone ir and did it all up... got pretty high but regretted spending the money and wish I hadn't done it. If I took 45 mg of oxycodone last night, will I be okay to take 2mg of sub tonight? Or will I push myself into precipitated wd's? my experience has been after 24 hours I'm good but I don't want to pend all night throwing up. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I went by my grandma's and she gave me five hydro 5's. I think I'm going to take these tonight and wait to take my suboxone tomorrow night or whenever I feel the need to take it. I really wish this last stretch of 2mg and lower wasn't so damn hard... please if anyone can help then share.

i think you have to be physically dependant on a full agonist (like oxy) to go into precipitated withdrawal. if youve only cheated twice then i think you should be okay to take your bupe whenever. maybe get verification of someone else though because im not 100% sure, but you should be fine.

and yeah, those last doses in a taper are always the hardest. just go sloooooooooooooooow as you can

your good. As long as you are not "high" from it anymore than bupe gives you. If bupe fits those receptors and causes you just as much action, there is no withdrawal to be precipitated.

If you take it every other day youll lessen the "jump-off" by dealing with some withdrawal every other day so it doesn't all kill you at the end.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. These last 2 mgs are the hardest to get off of I swear. Harder than any other transition in the program. Harder than my original transition from 4-500 mg of oxy a day to 16 mg of Bupe a day. I'm so happy that just 5 hydro 5s held me off fine tonight. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and take my bupe around the same time I took my hydro today just to give it a good 24 hours to be safe. I remember when I first got on suboxone I waited twenty four hours since my last shot to dose and I didn't get precipitated WDs then so I shouldn't now either. But wow is it hell trying to get off subs completely. I can handle the every other day dosing but that third day I get sick as fuck and start throwing up unless I dose.... I feel like a prisoner...still.

And BTW, Mike Vick, I honestly feel like my 2mg of bupe gets me more faded than the 45 of oxy did.

I really wish I hadn't done it but I'm on vacation and wanted a fun night and I'm doing so well and I just decided fuck it. But it was a waste of money and a dumb idea in retrospect.

Don't harp on it to bad...you will be fine .Just go back to the sub and forget about it.