• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I made this!

MisterNotSoClean

Bluelighter
Hey there!

So in less than 2 months in the Sober Living community, I've seen quite a few threads that have some nifty artwork.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could share things we have created. Hell, or create something just to share it. It doesn't have to be pretty nor beautiful nor does it have to move the soul. It just has to be something you made whether it be a drawing, cake, table, song, painting, or whatever else.

The reason I have started this is in hopes of keeping our passions and creativity alive while recovering, as personally, I can feel myself struggling to maintain my own passions during this process.

I made this a few months ago while still on Suboxone. I will do my best to make something specifically for here within the next month.

BTW I look nothing like Mr Clean :p

I don't have anything to contribute yet but im looking forward to getting back into making music when I get my creativity back... so hopefully I will someday soon :) I love this thread, awesome idea!!

Thank you for making this thread! I like the idea of having a space in SL to share our creative endeavors. Whether film, photography, painting, cooking, sand-castling, writing, knitting, whatever!

Please share whatever you do to keep yourself sober, whether that means not actually getting intoxicated or just making sure you keep your wits about you.

What do you do to stay sober and sane?

Personally, I pretend to know what I'm doing with this mindfulness thing. I also like photography

GmsFqKM.jpg

WWiB47d.jpg

Still working on that project, but the concept is solid.

I will share more shit with you all as it is produced :)

sy8lfd.jpg

1676vmc.jpg

My painting speed has increased a lot after getting into Suboxone ORT

(W)ork in progress
10e331h.jpg

It doesn't always has to cost a lot. This is made from all kind of stuff found in my house including juice straws.
2lsi6c8.jpg

152z6ub.jpg

Nice dude! I love how practical you are in your creations. It is really killer, very inspiring. Nothing like repurposing shit into something awesome %)

This thread is why I love SL =D

You guys are all so close and dear to my heart. I can't wait till MBC is back to his healthy self and painting pots and gardening again and sharing photos of his creations with us here. That man is quite the artist :) <3

Damn Root. I work with small electronic parts all day and yet I can't hold a pencil/brush steady to save my life lol.

Great work!

Wow, I really like the idea of this thread. It's given me some inspiration of my own and I will soon post my own contribution to this thread. MisterNotSoClean, I've heard a few different metal covers of mad world, that one was really good, I like it, did you truthfully make all of it? Great work if you did!

MrRoot, I love your painting on your Warhammer models, I have a few friends here in my town that are into the warhammer community, they go to the big table top game events and everything, those models have such amazing detail. And the ones you made from scratch, wow, how did you even see that in the various odds and ends you found laying about??

TPD, I'm a bit confused by yours though, what are you trying to symbolize in those photographs? Perhaps it'd help if I could make out all of the text in the "In Loving Memory" one? Lol

Naloxone and grave markers seemed symbolic to me. Nothing more, nothing less. What the viewer makes of it is on the viewer.

Fair enough. Maybe I'll revisit it in a few days with a clearer head and see what I make of it then. It looks almost bittersweet for the time being though, a tool to save a life and the final resting place kind of bound together. Makes me long for the friends that I lost from overdosing on opiates, but also happy that I have another chance.

It's a super intense photo for those in the know ;)

<3 I'm grateful you can appreciate its significance.

Great :)

Btw, I got your PM TPD, unfortunately I am unable to reply to it for 180 minutes.... Is that a greenlighter thing? Will that go away? LOL

Ty Diuqil

Yeah I shot all the vid, all the guitars, (minus whales part. Dudes a bad ass) I can't keep a beat on the drums so put the drums together using ez drummer, and attempted to sing. (After only screaming and smoking for years it was not easy lol) by far the most difficult part is mixing the audio properly. after 4 years of mixing im still a novice :p

Right on, musical talent is always something I can appreciate. I dabbled with mixing a few years ago, with FruityLoops and Reason, but it's not really my thing. I prefer playing the actual guitar, and the keyboard too if the moods right. Used to be not too bad at keyboard lol, but other "priorities" took precedence over that for awhile. That's all going to change for me soon though :) Thanks for starting this thread, I can't wait to see other people's creations :)

My new favorite thread in SL! Stickman, that is some soulful uke. My town has been declared the Uke capital of the mainland LOL.

Here is something I made a couple of years ago for Day of the Dead. I love Day of the Dead, a holiday brought to the U.S. by way of Mexico. It encompasses everything about Death in a very rich and complex stew of traditions, more celebration than mourning. I like the tradition of the half skull face painting. I made myself up for a friend's party but then used the photos he took for some art pieces. In this one, I made paste paper and covered pieces of matboard with the paper and then collaged the photo and words on top. Absuelvemé means forgive me. I have wrestled with a lot of guilt since my son died and making art about it is a way for me to both face and explore it. In this piece I started out asking life to forgive me for going on without my son then moved into a layer of asking my son's forgiveness and finally to asking myself forgiveness. I also like the symbolism that we all hold our own death inside us from our first gathering together as cells in our mother's womb. We pretend that we will go on forever while the truth is that we are as brief as clouds. The acknowledgment of our own small lives is a way to make them matter while we have them. By hiding from that knowledge we can be very destructive and not even know why.