• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to see that there are no data on a methylphenidate/methamphetamine hybrid:

methyl%202-(1-(methylamino)ethyl)-2-phenylacetate.png

^ beta amino phenylacetates are unstable. tend to eliminate ammonia (or amine) very easily (even at ambient temperature) to give the styrene and amine. had a hard time isolating similar compounds in the past.unlike the phenydates tho!? but who knows with this particular compound?

The other possibility is that everyone assumes someone has already tested that compound in the 1950s or so, and found it useless. I couldn't find any original publication by the guy who made methylphenidate first time back then (and used his wife and himself as a guinea pig).

sczmatn.png

Irgacure 907, a UV photo-initiator for radical cross linking reactions. Looks like it'd be a cathinone stimulant of sorts if ingested.

sczmatn.png

Irgacure 907, a UV photo-initiator for radical cross linking reactions. Looks like it'd be a cathinone stimulant of sorts if ingested.

4-methylthioamphetamine is a selective serotonin releaser according to Wikipedia. It could be that this compound doesn't release dopamine either. For some reason the STP online app thinks it could also bind to the GABA-A receptor. Some known direct GABA-A ligands have a heterocyclic ring with both a nitrogen and oxygen atom, maybe that's the reason.

Dioxetamine

Since we're no longer allowed STPs, I should say it's an opioid with NMDA antagonism with high D2 and sigma agonism.

Last edited:
Piperonyl butoxide, a pesticide that looks like an MDMA precursor

330px-Piperonyl_butoxide-2D-by-AHRLS-2012.png

But if you try to halogenate it, the halogen will first go to the benzylic carbon, and you probably can't cleave the long ether tail without destroying the methylenedioxy structure in the process.

qQIn2Zh.png

R-desmethyl-sibutramine reuptake inhibitor, 4nM at NET, 12 nM at DAT, 44 nM at SERT
R-didesmethyl-sibutramine, its metabolite, 13 nM NET, 8.9 nM DAT, 140 nM SERT

possible cocaine/methylphenidate type stimulant drug?

qQIn2Zh.png

R-desmethyl-sibutramine reuptake inhibitor, 4nM at NET, 12 nM at DAT, 44 nM at SERT

what the fuck is that a carbonic structure constrained by 90 degrees?

PC-Adamantane (PCAd)

I have no idea how it would act though as STP hasn't got that far in it's capacity to understand it though...any ideas?

Or....

Ohhh; HOLY CRAP
I know we aren't allowed STP's here but oh my word:

Last edited:
qQIn2Zh.png

The cyclobutyl moiety interested me to the extent that I wanted to add it to the MDMA scaffold - I believe they overlay well. Sibutramine itself has been taken off the market, hasn't it?

How small can you make the cycloalkyl ring in propylhexedrine and still retain activity? In some organic chemistry textbook I saw a cyclopentyl derivative that was said to be a stimulant, but I don't have that book anymore.

start.png

start.png

This was a good example of how the STP online app can produce misleading results. It thinks that cyclopentyl compound is mainly a nicotine receptor ligand and cholinesterase inhibitor, and only secondarily a dopamine reuptake inhibitor (it doesn't have this compound in the database as a known DAT ligand).

Status
Not open for further replies.