• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I meant the compound with a 6-membered ring. I thought that could potentially bind to monoamine transporters. Another possibility is the cyclic amide from 1-amino-2-bromoethane and phenylalanine, but then there would be more polymeric byproducts formed.

Yeah, I meant the compound with a 6-membered ring. I thought that could potentially bind to monoamine transporters.

The N-methyl analogue of that compound has been made, but as far as I can find has not been biologically tested:

3-benzyl-4-methylmorpholin-2-one.png

Another interesting one would be the product of reduction of the ester to an ether (not a trivial reaction, but doable in some cases):

3-benzylmorpholine.png

Another possibility is the cyclic amide from 1-amino-2-bromoethane and phenylalanine, but then there would be more polymeric byproducts formed.

The reduction of this compound is more standard, and would give a constitutional isomer of BZP:

2-benzylpiperazine.png

Last edited:
Polymeric bypdt can be avoided/minimized using nonstoichiometric ratio of reagents and separation of resulting product later on,

However, in this cases, imo, it seems the oligomeric product will not predominate the rxn as 6-mem ring is favored both kinetically/thermodynamically.

Also, i see that 2-benzylpiperazine got brought up frequently, but there are no studyon it, eh?

Last edited:
Some random chems...some more seriously and some probably quite toxic stuff (or the ultimate panacea, who knows). And yes, I love norbornanes ^^ I don't know why, I first came across camphetamine and somehow liked the structure with the norbornane unit along with it's relation to camphor. With morpholines I feel similar.

I have to look on my old hard drive for all the molecules I had drawn in recent years and which were a little more thoughtful, even though I am still a layman in the field of structure relationship and chemistry in general.
The last one on the right bottom side could be marketed as "Anarchodrone" ^^

KGuiJX0.png

cXME6vQ.png

Last edited:
Your nitro groups are all wrong. Nitro groups do not carry a proton on the nitrogen, nor do they carry one on the oxygen.

Typically, a nitro group is drawn with a positive charge on the nitrogen, and a negative one on the single-bonded oxygen.

Any info? :

Z7sAXlr.png

In the same trend:

HJfSzUA.png

Ever had a look at Tetrahydropapaveroline?

H2C65c7.png

S.J.B, you should start a thread called "Gaffy's Chems" and move all my posts there :)

Some dissos:

NO2IWRH.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Your nitro groups are all wrong. Nitro groups do not carry a proton on the nitrogen, nor do they carry one on the oxygen.

Typically, a nitro group is drawn with a positive charge on the nitrogen, and a negative one on the single-bonded oxygen.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm quite a layman in terms of chemistry.

Some benzos, I really wonder why the fluoro- and bromo analogues of Etizolam haven't been made yet, I guess they would be way better than those other analogues like deschloro-Etizolam or Metizolam. I also wonder why there are no other benzos with a 3-methyl substitution as Meclonazepam was in my opinion a really good benzo, very clearheaded but still with strong muscle relaxing effects and a positive mindset and a wide dosage spectrum. (I know I drew the nitro groups wrong again, I forgot the negative charge on the oxygen.)

twCCuIx.png

Which one?

t6Ty6qt.png

Looking at tetrahydropapaveroline I'd say it's the left one.

Last edited:
S.J.B, you should start a thread called "Gaffy's Chems" and move all my posts there :)

The point of this mega-merged thread, I believe, was to keep the speculative molecule drawing to one thread. So carry on posting in here, unless you feel like giving the molecule a funny name, in which case Dresden's thread will suffice!

Would it be possible to gain active (altough probably very dangerous) analogues of 5-IT (or the isomer AMT) or any other indole based drugs like tryptamines, psych. amphetamines etc. by replacing the indole with indazole? With cannabinoids it works perfectly, also azaindazoles could work, at least the 4N' azaindole analogue of 5F-ADB works almost exactly like it.

Could the PEA's and pyrrolidines with that acetyl ester from methylphenidate have any effects as stimulants or must there be a closed ring / piperidine, morpholine (or pyrrolidine as in the one I drew?) for it to work?

xz31XFD.png

Last edited:
That PVP you drew top-left would I think be extremelly dangerous as it will probably also be a MAOI

Yes, I guess many of those molecules would be quite toxic ^^ especially the 5-IT analogues and the one with the two methylsulfanyl units.

New tryptis:

Cannabino?dic tryptamines?https://i.imgur.com/jgy6TGU.png

M5yhuXz.png

I guess for cannabinoid activity you must ad e.g. an alkyl-chain or a benzyl-morpholine/piperidine/fluoro-benzyl/cyclohexane etc. unit on the NH2 of the indole, I don't know if that would decrease the activity as a psychedelic or stimulant.

--

Some norbornane-cocaine & troparil analogues:

1pBeSsW.png

Somehow since a new update of the marvin sketch software it only generates molecules in this 2d-form instead of the 3d's you can often see (like that norbornane unit in the picture below), does anyone now how one can change that? (Btw. Marvin Sketch and the Marvin Suite in general is a great free software to draw molecules, it directly shows you errors of the molecule, you can make 3d-overlays and much more while it's still easy to use/understand.)

jgy6TGU.png

Edit: Haha, just as I drew those morpholine-phenidates in one of my last posts it is suddenly available as a research chemical, synchronicities can be quite nice sometimes.

Last edited:
The N-methyl analogue of that compound has been made, but as far as I can find has not been biologically tested:

3-benzyl-4-methylmorpholin-2-one.png

Another interesting one would be the product of reduction of the ester to an ether (not a trivial reaction, but doable in some cases):

3-benzylmorpholine.png

The reduction of this compound is more standard, and would give a constitutional isomer of BZP:

2-benzylpiperazine.png

Looking at it it could be adapted into:

VpCYvNO.png

a bit like the constitutional isomer of fent I thought of some posts ago ("would this be active?) later demonstrated with tetrahydropapaveroline's sert analogue.

If anyone wants to come up with funny names for molecules please put them in "Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread."

Would it be possible to make simple pro-drugs like esters from gabapentinoids such as pregabalin? For example an N-ethyl ester similar to theanine or a nicotinoyl-ester similar to picamilon. Which kind of analogue would make most sense? Would they all hydrolize/metabolize into pregabalin or at least have similar effects as they are simple analogues? Could those inositol-esters make sense as a pro-drug? The norbornane and pyrrolidine's probably won't work and the piracetam-like cyclic one won't work as an gabapentinoid. (Pregabaline is at the moment just a normal-prescription medicine and no narcotic/very controlled substance so the esters would be legal in most countries, also it's quite cheap and easy to produce and has massive recreational potential and gained a lot of popularity over the last years, why not making RC-analogues of gabapentinoids, at least they're a class of drugs with relative low toxicity and huge medicinal and recreational windows/safety).

HFru9hT.png

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make simple pro-drugs like esters from gabapentinoids such as pregabalin? For example an N-ethyl ester similar to theanine or a nicotinoyl-ester similar to picamilon.

There is no such thing as an "N-ethyl ester". Condensation of an acid with an amine forms an amide.

Could those inositol-esters make sense as a pro-drug?

Why inositol of all things, though? Inositol has a greater molar mass than pregabalin itself, and it is hydrophilic as hell, so its bioavailability might actually be worse.

(Pregabaline is at the moment just a normal-prescription medicine and no narcotic/very controlled substance so the esters would be legal in most countries, also it's quite cheap and easy to produce and has massive recreational potential and gained a lot of popularity over the last years, why not making RC-analogues of gabapentinoids, at least they're a class of drugs with relative low toxicity and huge medicinal and recreational windows/safety).

Compared to benzodiazepines, pregabalin's recreational potential is far lower. Also, one of the problems with gabapentinoids is that their structure-activity-relationship is still not all that well-understood. Gabapentinoids apparently need to be actively transported into the brain via special amino acid carrier proteins. For years, the search for a successor to pregabalin has been slowed down by the fact that compounds that seemed much more potent in the in-vitro binding assays showed little if any increase in in-vivo potency, as their structural modifications would also decrease affinity for the aforementioned amino acid carriers, no longer justifying the significantly more complex synthesis.

Last edited:
Edit: Haha, just as I drew those morpholine-phenidates in one of my last posts it is suddenly available as a research chemical, synchronicities can be quite nice sometimes.

"Methylmorphenate" (i.e. methylphenidate with the piperidine ring replaced by morpholine) briefly appeared on the RC market in 2015. The reason its appearance was rather brief was because it was barely active, at only about 1/10th the potency of its parent compound.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/766592-Novel-stimulant-Methylmorphenate

Status
Not open for further replies.