⫸STICKY⫷ I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Hodor

Bluelighter
For example, exposure to acids like HCl can result in hydrohalogenations (turning the alkene into a saturated haloalkane)
Actually, looking at the structures of 5-Cl-ADB-A and comparing it to that of regular 5-Cl-ADB, it looks like what they did was the opposite of the reaction mentioned above: They first made the compound with a chloropentyl chain on it, then treated it with a very strong base in order to achieve a dehydrohalogenation, i.e. the removal of HX (X = any halogen) from a haloalkane to turn it into an alkene.

Still, even if you only did it at the very end, that's an extra reaction step compared to regular 5-Cl-ADB... and there's always the risk of side-reactions (although these can usually be minimized by using a very bulky base that can attack the protons on the exposed alkyl chain of the molecule, but not the carbonyls of the ester and amide groups).

sekio

Moderator: N&PD
Staff member
most hydrohalogenations need to be run with anhydrous HCl to be effective as the covalent species H-Cl is not present in a high enough concentration in aqueous solutions (being a strong acid, it dissociates completely to H₃O+ and Cl-)

alkenes are actually pretty unreactive, save for some exotic conditions (MnO4-, OsO4, dihalogens, Hg2+, ozone, Pd/O2 (wacker))

Dresden

Bluelighter
For computational chemistry and x-ray crystallography, ball and stick figures may be necessary; but, for the organic chemist, Kekule structures are *the* Au standard.

blueberries

Bluelighter
I call this one DOP!
Nothing to do with opiates but it could use a little work with nomenclature!

I prefer the 3D versions thats what they actually look like after all

View attachment 11372
No offence but I can hardly understand what's going on here, could you make this a flat drawing so I can figure it out?!
PS: I realise that some habits can't be helped but I really wouldn't mind finding out the structure!

Attachments

Gaffy

Bluelighter
With DMT being investigated to suppress "voices" in Skizo patients and H1 being a general antipsychotic, maybe these could be antidepressive antipsychotics, give me a try I'd say! with chlorphenamine being well supported as a downer (sold with Ephedrine in France), it's widely used as a somniferum.

Would mixing and heating too much methanol with tyrosine make 4-methoxy Methoxyphenylalanine? Tyrosine on itsef is a bit boring.

Last edited:

JacksinPA

Bluelighter
BUNODOSINE 391

Isolated from a sea anemone, this N-acylamino acid is a potent analgesic. Its effects are not reversed by naloxone but are reversed by serotonin receptor antagonists. Interesting lead for discovery work in the area of non-opioid analgesics. It would be interesting to evaluate the effects of different substituents on the indole & histidine nuclei. The occurence of this molecule in such an early life form may indicate a basic evolutionary role in nerve function.

It is interesting to note that 5-brominated tryptophan residues are found in so-called 'sleep peptides' produced by some cone snail species. These are 'post-translational' enzymatic modifications of the tryptophan residues in these peptides, the enzyme involved being a bromoperoxidase & the reaction mechanism being free-radical in nature. The key raw material is bromide ion, which is abundant in seawater.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dresden

Bluelighter
What does ethylamphetamine feel like in comparison to amphetamine or methamphetamine? Dosage? Duration? Any 5-HT2a agonism?

2-ethylamino-1-phenylpropane
N-ethyl-amphetanine
Ethylamphetamine
ETH

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaffy

Bluelighter
Ephylone compared to Pentylone is miles away, in a good way.

New atypical antipsychotic

And to make the treated patient's life easier, some undead cathinones, because yes, being on stims and antipsychoticum at the same time is just better.
And if China keeps banning chems one by one every two years, I might live to see my little babys.
(I'd personnaly choose the 4-MethoxyHexen over the 4-MEE-CATH). 2F-EPD is for studying or everyday adderall replacement.

And for the 3-FPM lovers:
2-(3-fluorophenyl)-3-ethylmorpholine AKA 3-FPE
3-ethyl-2-phenylmorpholine AKA PE
3-ethyl-2-(3'-4'-Furan-4"-yl)-phenylmorpholine AKA FUPE

God do I want to try my chems.

FUPE's IUPAC might be wrong.

Morpheus

I'm so good a this

FUFUF:

Last edited:

polymath

Bluelight Crew
^ Has anyone ever tested compounds where the n-phenethyl of fentanyl is replaced with n-methyl, or where the n-methyl of meperidine is replaced with n-phenethyl (or n-phenylisopropyl) group ?