• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I Just Want off this Crazy Ride! (Phenibut)

Yeah everyday for around 2 years.

my plan was to alternate so i didn't use it everyday. and I was only going to utilize it for a week or so. I'm not trying to stay on that stuff I am all set with these nasty withdrawals. Phenibut is teaching me "enough of this shit."

my plan was to alternate so i didn't use it everyday. and I was only going to utilize it for a week or so. I'm not trying to stay on that stuff I am all set with these nasty withdrawals. Phenibut is teaching me "enough of this shit."

Phenibut is a molecule not a teacher. It's your brain that doesn't like the regime imposed by phenibut and is revolting! Going into full withdrawal is a good punish for the brain's decision to increase action potential.

Phenibut is a molecule not a teacher. It's your brain that doesn't like the regime imposed by phenibut and is revolting! Going into full withdrawal is a good punish for the brain's decision to increase action potential.

Yea not happening

Yea not happening
How much phenibut are you taking right now?

I think what he means is to stop phenibut completely instead of tapering. Just use some lyrica / baclofen or Gabapentin to ease wd symptoms but not completely (no pain no gain) AND THEN taper off those.

Thanks for that link I find it a great resource! There is a lot of info on it I find useful!

Np that link helped me thru the tough times just knowing that ppl out there were going thru the same bs was hella useful.

Yea I found it to be very very useful.

I think I have pinned down what has been causing my head to go insane with this crushing vibration thing. I didn't think about this before. I started getting so fed up with all the sleeping problems that comes along with phenibut use that I started drinking myself to sleep often at night just to fall asleep. So each night I started drinking almost a bottle of wine a night to be able to sleep for around a week. Then after that my gaba levels must have been used to being worked on like crazy so when I went down to 2 g of phenibut out of nowhere this must have just pushed it overdrive. So even when I went back up to my normal phenibut dose it was still screaming from not having the alcohol. Its the only thing I can think of. IT wasn't very smart to start drinking but either way its done. But I won't be doing that anymore from here on out. I'm not going to just come off the phenibut because I have somewhat of an active life right now and I can't just take however many days off to go into withdrawal and at the same time this vibrating thing will come back and who knows how long it will be going on. It's just not in my best interests at this point.

After contemplating trying phenibut for a few months, I placed an order a few weeks ago. Took 1.2 grams before bed and then 2 more grams the next morning... One of the most incredible highs I've ever felt. If it could be compared to anything it'd be GHB, but less intoxicating & more speedy. Took two days off, tried 2.4 grams, did nothing. Took another day off, then went all-out with about 7 grams over the course of the day. Was fucked up for two days -- and not necessarily in a good way. Once it wore off, I couldn't sleep to save my life, and then came the onset of horrific anxiety. I tapered for a few days until I could get my Valium filled, then flushed the rest. Will never touch it again.

Insomnia and withdrawal after merely a few days of use, relatively broken up, is unlike anything else I'm aware of. No thanks.

As as if I needed another reason to hate those f*cking Soviets.... Lol

After contemplating trying phenibut for a few months, I placed an order a few weeks ago. Took 1.2 grams before bed and then 2 more grams the next morning... One of the most incredible highs I've ever felt. If it could be compared to anything it'd be GHB, but less intoxicating & more speedy. Took two days off, tried 2.4 grams, did nothing. Took another day off, then went all-out with about 7 grams over the course of the day. Was fucked up for two days -- and not necessarily in a good way. Once it wore off, I couldn't sleep to save my life, and then came the onset of horrific anxiety. I tapered for a few days until I could get my Valium filled, then flushed the rest. Will never touch it again.

Insomnia and withdrawal after merely a few days of use, relatively broken up, is unlike anything else I'm aware of. No thanks.

As as if I needed another reason to hate those f*cking Soviets.... Lol
Yep Phenibut high is fucking amazing at the peak I almost nodded off like IVed some H but had increases empathy amd appreciation for music. but after a few days it will come bite you in the ass. The dreaded insomnia is Phenibut trademark wd symptom.

Last edited:
Phenibut was easily one of the top 5 worst withdrawal experiences for me.

I recognize this isn't the best idea, but I tapered down by taking Etizolam simultaneously and cutting the Phenibut dose.

When I got to the jump off point, I quit the Phenibut, tapered off the Etizolam, and used gabapentin. Was still kind of a fucking nitemare but made life manageable.