• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I just crushed and ate 60MG morphine sulfate.. how bad did I fuck up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnas

Greenlighter
Hey, no opiate tolerance here. Was taking tramadol a couple weeks ago but im sure that wore off, and it was low enough to not cause withdrawals. Anyways, I just crushed and ate 60MG morphine sulfate, a pill marked E653. How sick am I gonna be? I don't need a doctor, right? Can I sleep it off? :(

well... I can't really say for sure, luckily for you oral morphine is not super strong, also, I looked up the imprint and it said 30 mg morphine... so unless you took two of them, 30 mg of Morphine should not be a lethal dose... Do you have anyone to watch you? Make sure you are okay? 30 mg of Morphine is about equal to 30 mg of hydrocodone. It really comes down to if you think you can handle that much. Is it too late to vomit? I don't think this would be a lethal dose... but I also don't want something to happen to you and my having given you advice saying that you would be okay. Please explain the situation more.

Are you sure it was 60 mg? If you are saying you crushed up two of the pills... that might be pushing it a little bit. I don't know... someone with ZERO opiate tolerance taking 60 mg of Morphine is a mighty large dose... if you have some friends with you have them watch you, if you become unresponsive even if you are still breathing you need to go to the hospital.

Last edited:
I crushed and ate two. Can you please double check for me? I read online the bioavailability of morphine is much lower than hydros. I am very scared

That is definitely a high dose for someone with 0 tolerance. Even if u think you might be fine, this is your life, I'd hate for someone to say that is ok. I saw a similar thread about dosing to high and they have yet to respond. I'd go to the hospital to be safe and never try a stunt like that again

Wish u the best

That is definitely a high dose for someone with 0 tolerance. Get off the internet and go to the hospital. I saw a similar thread about dosing to high and they have yet to respond. GO NOW to be safe and never try a stunt like that again

Wish u the best
I am at a friends now who is an ex heroin user so I will hopefully be alright. It is already been a while and I feel okay, hoping it stays good.

Does he have naxoloe? I don't think u will die but that could still result in an OD. If u start breathing weakly and have trouble staying awake definitely go to the hospital man.

You guys probably freaked him out. I know you want to look out for his best interest, but come on he took 60mg oral morphine. I've heard several people say that's a perfect starting dose for someone new to opiates. And I agree with that statement give or take. All this talk about possibly becoming unresponsive and going to the hospital lol guys.

I know the mistake has already been made but I just need to say this. Please, please check your dosages, these are pharmacy grade pills not street heroin, you get a guaranteed dose just start with the lowest amount recommended without tolerance.

Alright. I will admit I over reacted with my first post. It's just reading the other thread about a guy possibly ODing on methadone is not something fun.
Glad your good man

Yeah forums have changed the game somewhat haven't they, you used to shoot up light ya smoke while your capping your needle then fall out and die alone. Now ya can take a dose and jump online and ask what people think! Not being facetious or sarcastic, merely musing. Glad ur ok OP. My body loves morphine, pretty much the same as everyone else I suppose.

morphine isn't one of the drugs I would worry about OD'ing on orally at that dose. If you plugged or shot that with no experience, it would be a much different story.

A helpful tip when taking morphine. Just have a friend present that knows whatsup. Watchout for Opana, and hydromorphone. Those drugs are way higher BA when eaten, so higher chance of OD'ing. Also they are active at much lower amounts.

I am glad you are okay.

morphine isn't one of the drugs I would worry about OD'ing on orally at that dose. If you plugged or shot that with no experience, it would be a much different story.

A helpful tip when taking morphine. Just have a friend present that knows whatsup. Watchout for Opana, and hydromorphone. Those drugs are way higher BA when eaten, so higher chance of OD'ing. Also they are active at much lower amounts.

I am glad you are okay.

Hydromorphone has A poor BA when eaten, are you sure you didn't mean hydrocodone?

Watchout for Opana, and hydromorphone. Those drugs are way higher BA when eaten, so higher chance of OD'ing. Also they are active at much lower amounts.

Oxymorphone/Hydromorphone share morphine's low oral BA, it's just that they're much more potent.

I took 30mg my first time dosing oral morphine ( In 1996 ) and had a bit of a fear reaction as well... glad you're ok

They were probably never in any real danger unless they were very sensitive to it.. Ingesting 30 or 60mg of morphine sulfate orally, only 3-6mg actually crosses the blood brain barrier. Oral morphine has a 10% or less BA. Closed. When it doubt please seek medical treatment. Be safe, be cautious, take care of yourself and welcome to BL, please greet yourself with the OD and BLUA guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.