• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe I have Questions about Suboxone tapering and tolerance

M902403

Greenlighter
How long does it take to stabilize after decreasing from 16mg to 2mgs in a 2 month span. I decreased from 4mgs-2mgs last week. How long until my body adjusts to this dose completely? Also any tips for the last 2mgs of tapering?

How long does it take to stabilize after decreasing from 16mg to 2mgs in a 2 month span. I decreased from 4mgs-2mgs last week. How long until my body adjusts to this dose completely? Also any tips for the last 2mgs of tapering?
A WEEK maybe more but let me warn ya of something, down to 2 mg is easy 2mg-0 is hard~!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been on suboxone 10+ years last few on sublocade 3 years now------------tried taper many times im on 4 ever but taper down to .5mg every other day do that for as long as u need to than hop off ~!!!!!!!!!! i have a question tho how long have u been on sub ;>?

A WEEK maybe more but let me warn ya of something, down to 2 mg is easy 2mg-0 is hard~!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been on suboxone 10+ years last few on sublocade 3 years now------------tried taper many times im on 4 ever but taper down to .5mg every other day do that for as long as u need to than hop off ~!!!!!!!!!! i have a question tho how long have u been on sub ;>?

I have been on suboxone for almost a year, with 4 years on and off hydro use before then.

Hey man, I made a thread asking about taper, I’ll share the plan I make from what Iv read...first I stoped a 1-2g bth habit on the 4th of July 2020, i make it roughly 60hrs before giving in and taking 8mg sub, I cut that in half every day till I got to about 1mg a day, right now I just made to drop from .75mg to .63mg. Don’t feel as good as yesterday but I’ll usually level out in 3-4 days. I plan on dropping .10mg each time until I get to .50 then I plan to drop .05mg every week till I’m at .05-.10mg a day then make the jump. I have 8mg strips so to do this I am dissolving a 8mg strip in 40ml water and putting the ml needed for my dose under my tounge...with the BA at about 60% for sublingual I think I’m an actually getting .30ish when I take .63 ? never done this before so I’m kinda experimenting on myself but sofar so good haven really felt much wd other then being tired and occasionally Watery eyes and nose, good luck

edit: Iam working on the logic that if the drop is small enough it should be almost negligible, and eventually should reach a daily amount that is negligible and at that point all in my head, if I have to I can even drop .01 by dilution of the suboxone water and dosing by ml...if anyone sees a flaw in my logic that has more experience and info is appreciated

Last edited: