• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I have no inspiration.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
When I was taking benzos shit came so easy to me, but my mind runs to much to allow me do something creative despite how bad I want to right now. I don’t know how to combat this anymore other then to take more pills

When I was taking benzos shit came so easy to me, but my mind runs to much to allow me do something creative despite how bad I want to right now. I don’t know how to combat this anymore other then to take more pills
Sleep deprivation always stirs up my creativity

In the morning I drink coffee and do rote work that takes focus but not much creativity and at night I drink some wine and get into a good flow hashing out ideas or studying new techniques.

This routine provides a decent balance. I think it has to do with the left brain right brain dichotomy. When too much of the brain is engaged at once it's like a four way intersection with all lights green.

In the morning I drink coffee and do rote work that takes focus but not much creativity and at night I drink some wine and get into a good flow hashing out ideas or studying new techniques.

This routine provides a decent balance. I think it has to do with the left brain right brain dichotomy. When too much of the brain is engaged at once it's like a four way intersection with all lights green.
This is me 99% of the time

You can't reinvent yourself, yeah but you're between dwelling. I think you have to be sure on your thoughts, right, right right and yeah. That's you know.

You think that you need drugs to be creative, reality Is you dont need shit Man. When you realize AND accept that, everytbing Will just Start flowing.

I used to think that drugs sparked my creativity, but after years of being a poly-drug addict (alcohol, benzos, opioids, etc.) I realized that they actually killed it. I was usually too messed up to write/compose/draw/paint and when I did manage to, it usually looked/sounded horrible through sober eyes/ears.

I understand the mind-racing that occurs when you're going through withdrawal, because I've been there many times myself before. Give it some time; let your thoughts settle down a bit and I can almost guarantee that your inspiration will return with continued sobriety.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

I used to think that drugs sparked my creativity, but after years of being a poly-drug addict (alcohol, benzos, opioids, etc.) I realized that they actually killed it. I was usually too messed up to write/compose/draw/paint and when I did manage to, it usually looked/sounded horrible through sober eyes/ears.

I understand the mind-racing that occurs when you're going through withdrawal, because I've been there many times myself before. Give it some time; let your thoughts settle down a bit and I can almost guarantee that your inspiration will return with continued sobriety.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Depends, you can't shovel everything in a corner and so many great songs were written while high. If you can't control your mind, best to at least try to knife those words down or even if you already written the whole thing you can take a second look and from there I don't think anything could go bad. Overall, inspirations comes from experiences from experiences comes learnings and so the cycle repeats itself. There are some things that can only be experienced in the real world