• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I have no clue how to achieve the high I want - Help!

Winzip52

Bluelighter
From 2002 - 2010 I used opiates on and off. Mostly off. I would get my hands on a prescription or even just a few pills, usually Vicodin, every 4-5 months. I'd enjoy them and that'd be it. Taking 10mg of Vicodin would make me a happy camper. I'd feel relaxed, euphoric, and I would get a ton of work accomplished. Those were the good ole' days.

From 2011 - 2014 I couldn't get my hands on anything but I was in a horrible place so I would get "high" on 50 or so sleeping pills a day and if not sleeping pills then 30 or so Benadryl. Yeah, I was really sick. It is amazing I am still alive.

From 2014 to about two weeks ago I had a prescription for Tramadol. Most days I would take 300mg, a few days of the month I would binge. It was also during this time that I supplemented with Kratom. Kratom's been in my life for six months or so. Oh, and I also take .5 to 1 mg of Klonipin most days. Just to decrease anxiety, sometimes to pair with Tramadol but not always.

The last two or three weeks have been a festival for me. But it's turned out that the festival has sucked. I'm finding it difficult to get a decent high on anything. I am only interested in rx's. That may be limited myself but that's a line I won't cross. I've tried 5mg Percocets - it took about 30 mg (I think, if remembering correctly) to get somewhat of a high. It wasn't anything fantastic. Nothing like my 10mg Vicodin days. It was suggested that perhaps the Prozac and Kratom were interfering with the Percocet so I dc'ed them with no effect. I am still not taking the Prozac although I do use Kratom on days when I don't use anything else.

Then I tried 10mg Vicodin. I had to take 40mg before a high kicked in and even so it was very minimal.

I decided to jump over to Adderall. I had never taken that class of drug before. I had the 30mg IR pills. In my first dose ever I had to take 120-150mgs before I got high. This high was stronger than the opiate highs and probably what an Adderall high is supposed to feel like. What didn't work for me was that I spent hours mindlessly surfing the net instead of doing actual work. Same thing happened the second day. I need to be able to still function during the day.

So now I'm at a loss. What should I try? The high I'm going for is the high that I used to experience with the Vicodin. I want to feel euphoric, I want to feel talkative, I want to stay up late, I want to get a lot of work accomplished.

I don't have a clue what to try. Any suggestions? Oh, and I am about 100 pounds overweight so that might be causing me to need a higher dosage.

This is a harm reduction forum, and with this kind of drug-seeking behavior, I cannot give you any info to go chase the high, so im sorry (Also 150mg of adderall is a very large dose for the non-tolerant user)
But i would say that you need to take a step back and evaluate whatever is going on in your life and hopefully not end up going down the path of addiction that so many others have.

You're tolerance is skyrocketing with your use, that's all. Cut back for awhile or, if possible, totally abstain and the 'magic' will come back.

Careful with the tramadol, too. I always disregarded it's dependency potential, figuring as a mild opiod it'd be easy to kick. Well, it doesn't kill you like OC or dope withdrawals, but man, the SNRI part of withdrawing from it sucks and I can't figure out how to control it without biting the bullet and just suffering through it. Soon as I taper down past 150 mgs per day the symptoms show up with a vengeance. Weird brain zaps and twitches and strange mood swings...such a strange group of symptoms.

It's called tolerance and anyone who uses a specific drug over time will not feel the same effects.

Please educate yourself on harm reduction.

Taking that large of dose of Amps 1st time was wreckless and stupid. Are you sure the Addys were instant release? If they were ER/IR the medication would come in spurts, resulting in it taking time for you to feel any effects. Amps can increase BP and heart rate...say hello to stroke, or worse.

The common sense thing to do is not to mix drugs. To take a day where you can try one specific drug at the time. Over the course of the day, see how that drug makes you feel and what dosage works for you.

It's very possible the prozac caused issues because most ADs can numb our emotions, you didn't feel any pleasure.

I'm not judging you, just saying...educate yourself before you harm yourself.

P.S. 10mg of oxycodone is a good starting dose and yes, if ROA is oral, it's going to take up to 30 mins to get in your bloodstream.

^dose depending I've heard plenty of folks found tramadol harder to kick than oxy. I think some folks put it ahead of Heroin withdrawal in the "hardest drug to kick poll". I cant take it due to being on an SSRI which sux cos I have an almost endless free supply and would like to use it to save my oxy and stave off WD which it works well for. It is a weird drug never felt good on the stuff but before I was an opiate addict tramadol was perfect for arresting RLS - boy is there some irony in there.

^dose depending I've heard plenty of folks found tramadol harder to kick than oxy. I think some folks put it ahead of Heroin withdrawal in the "hardest drug to kick poll". I cant take it due to being on an SSRI which sux cos I have an almost endless free supply and would like to use it to save my oxy and stave off WD which it works well for. It is a weird drug never felt good on the stuff but before I was an opiate addict tramadol was perfect for arresting RLS - boy is there some irony in there.

Trams does help with RLS and the snots. (so i call them). I've never take over 150/200 mg of trams for fear of seizures. I can see how someone could get addicted to trams because for people like me, it gives me that amp feeling,like hyperfocus on something with a clear head.

Your post reminds me of myself, though a few years ago. I agree with everyone else's warnings to you. Sounds like you are def. treading on thin ice.

Whatever you do try and stay away from meth.

I don't have a clue what to try. Any suggestions?

We can't TELL you what to take next.
Harm reduction would have us tell you to take nothing next, you're playing with fire. If you haven't gotten burnt yet I'd stop while you can.

Moving on..

The high I'm going for is the high that I used to experience with the Vicodin. I want to feel euphoric, I want to feel talkative, I want to stay up late, I want to get a lot of work accomplished

You can still get the high you seek with the drugs you take.. your tolerance is just raised and you need more than usual to achieve your "goal".
I'd stop the kratom use IMHO.. you'd enjoy the vicodin or percs more on occasion instead of always having an opioid in you (kratom) and trying to make it stronger with the other drugs mentioned.
Just my .02

-HOOD

Last edited:
I have found Tramadol to be a very tricky high. One day can take only 100mg and be flying and sometimes will take it to my personal threshold, 400mg, and 10mg codone and have little to no buzz. Have only been on the Tramadol and codone this time for less than a week (been at least 2 months before that).