• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I have been taken off methadone iv 160 mil to fentanol patch 50 mg

moll

Greenlighter
Hi hope you can help after been on iv meth for 20 years was taken off due to lung clots I don't want 160mill oral so caught for fentanol patches, I think the conversions wrong as prior to change I was active reguly helping muck out a friends pony n just living, now on 60 mil of methadone and a 50 mg path I've had a awful past couple of months pain from arthrytus in all joints curve in spine lyphademia, plus constant celulitus, in a big woman overweight I have under active thyroid, so my healths not great prior to the clots the Docs just ignored my pleas for converting to fentanol! My life now is crippling pain and wihdrawls, in 50 so not a kid looking to get shit faced, I want pain relief! I find my memories is not what it should be, since the meds change! I've tried working out the conversion from the meth to the fentanol patch n I work it out to around 247 mg patch I need to know as I see pain doc tomorrow so please help me! A friend of mine was given patches of a previous drug docter can't even think of his title ! This person was on methadone script at 180 mil and was given 4x 100mg of patches to put on in one go and that was maintained not pain so my struggle of 50mg seems a bit wrong hope someone can covert for me! Thank you

Really need some one to reply to this as I've been so I'll

I'm so very sorry you are suffering. I understand your plight, though I don't have the answer. Fentanyl patches didn't work for me, though @ 54 I was SO hopeful they would. Hopefully, someone with far more knowledge will come along to answer your conversion question.

You may struggle to find a calculator that converts methadone to another opioid I've noticed. IV methadone 160mgs that's a serious dose, wouldn't like to get caught without my dose the WD would be special for sure. I think you're right though I would have thought you would be given more fent than you have. Hope you find a solution. Would it help to call a clinic to chat to a Dr who should be a done expert?

You've been on iv meth for 20 years? Do you mean methamphetamine or methadone? Since when is methadone ever given IV?

How did you get up to a 160mg a day methadone dose?

Not to be rude but you seem to be preaching to the choir, i understand you may have chronic pain but usually to get up a 160mg methadone you have to seriously abuse opiates. Are you certain you are being honest to yourself about the reason you want more opiates on top of the fentanyl and methadone you are already on, 2 very potent opiates themselves in reasonably high doses.

Or are you missing the high you were getting before your doses got lower?

Opiates tend to make our brains rewired in such a way we block out all logical rationalization, on opiates because they are so rewarding to your brains happy system, that you are constantly setting off and reinforcing your brains actual chemistry, making opiates a top priority, in front of food, clothing and a roof over our head.

Since when has methadone been given iv since the made it in ampules honestly thought reading your post you would have known that! No I'm not singing to the choir! Allthough I don't know what you mean! Of course I'm been honest to myself I have multiple illnesses! Each one capable of giving me pain together it's awful! I'm not a kid looking to get something to get wrecked with! I've been on maintain script for 20 years full cupboard s nice house and good family! I seem to have upset you some how that was not my intention I was only reaching out for help as given all my illnesses I am in a awful lot of pain I know its unfortunate that I am opiod tollarnt but that's how it is, I'm positive opiods are not my top priority! Been pain free or as comfy as I can is up there! Still don't know the conversion ! Thanks everyone for replying

160 done? Per day? If they made a 300 mcg fent patch that might be closer to the conversion. Your dr is a moron. Im a dr. Look up equagesic charts...bring medical journal articles to him showing him how wrong he is.....sad thimg is that if u did that and made him look stupid he would cut u off altogether. Your dose was drastically cut.....a 50 mcg femt patch is nothing close to 160 of methadone per day. Maybe more like 30g methadone per day off the top of my head. Im a dr with chronic pain and on the fent patch

Ive never heard if intraveonous done....u shoot up with a needle with it? I dont think thats done in medicine.....the inly thing ppl shoot themselves with is insulin