• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I have a question about poppy seeds?

Xelleld

Greenlighter
I know that poppy seeds usually do not contain nearly enough morphine or codeine to cause psychoactive effects, but I wondered if you guys know how to tell when eating poppyseed bagels or other food containing poppy seeds whether the seeds were from a "bad" batch, a.k.a have a higher than normal opiate content. Thought there might be poppyseed tea drinkers or other people experienced with this. I am looking for ways to tell when I should not eat a certain poppy seed product. Thanks!

That's not completely true. I know of one consistent brand readily available to most people that will rock your socks off.

If you're just eating a product containing poppy seeds, you're not going to get high. It doesn't matter if the seeds are "good" or not- there just isn't enough of them there to get you high.

^ I agree with the not getting high part but it could potentially cause you to fail a drug test and no there is no way to tell unless you tests the batches at a lab or something.

^ I agree with the not getting high part but it could potentially cause you to fail a drug test and no there is no way to tell unless you tests the batches at a lab or something.

Seeing the amount needed when making tea I bet you could eat 6 bagels loaded with seeds and still pass a test especially with the seeds these days. The last time I got a mild buzz from them I needed a pound worth extracted in WGFJ.

Thanks for all of your responses! While we're on the topic of natural sources of opioids, what experiences have you guys had with kratom? I've been looking in to it as a painkiller for a relative of mine. Does it work well for that purpose? Thanks in advance! :)

I've been using kratom on and off for a few years, these days more on than off. :) It's works pretty good for pain and great for energy and motivation.

Thanks! I'll let them know about that. Do you know if it's addictive or anything? Because if it's not, I'd like to try it for my occasional headaches. Excedrin works well, but I don't like some of the side effects of it, like the stimulation.

Thanks for all of your responses! While we're on the topic of natural sources of opioids, what experiences have you guys had with kratom? I've been looking in to it as a painkiller for a relative of mine. Does it work well for that purpose? Thanks in advance! :)

Poppy seed tea blows kratom out of the water as far as "natural" sources go. It contains the actual alkaloids of the poppy (morphine, codeine, etc.)

Poppy seed tea blows kratom out of the water as far as "natural" sources go. It contains the actual alkaloids of the poppy (morphine, codeine, etc.)
I get that, but for what my relative and I need, I'm not looking for something as strong as poppy seed tea. I've heard kratom is less strong, but still provides good painkilling effects. For recreational use or more severe pain, poppy seed tea is better, but if the pain is more mild or you're just starting with opiates/opioids, kratom sounds like the better option.