• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I have a 20mg Oxy IR, I take 10mg Valium a day...

Ringo88

Bluelighter
Is it even worth trying this? Would I have a good chance of dying? My normal opiate dose is 10mg Hydro, and I did 15 the other night and was fine. Obviously, if I took it, I wouldn't take the full pill. Probably start with a quarter and work my way up from there. Does this have a good chance of killing me? Is the risk not worth it? I take 10mg of Valium a day, 5mg in the morning, and 5mg at night.

I also have asthma, and have albuterol if I need it. Want to try it so bad, but don't want to if the risk of death is there.

You have a very slim chance of dying from that combo. But I really didn't think the Valium added to any of the euphoria IME. I'd just take the oxycodone on its own or with 5mg, up to you though. And I've done this combo with no tolerance to either drugs. I'm glad your being careful about it though. Maybe start with 15mg of oxycodone if your more comfortable.

Is it even worth trying this? Would I have a good chance of dying? My normal opiate dose is 10mg Hydro, and I did 15 the other night and was fine. Obviously, if I took it, I wouldn't take the full pill. Probably start with a quarter and work my way up from there. Does this have a good chance of killing me? Is the risk not worth it? I take 10mg of Valium a day, 5mg in the morning, and 5mg at night.

I also have asthma, and have albuterol if I need it. Want to try it so bad, but don't want to if the risk of death is there.
I can almost guarantee you won't die from it. Oxycodone is 1.5x more potent than hydrocodone, so it'd be similar to 30mg hydro. However, when I started taking opiates in the beginning I started out taking 25mg Oxycodone, so the 20mg pill alone definitely won't kill you. 5/10mg Valium isn't that much either, as I take 20mg+ if I want any recreational value out of it. 5mg Valium probably won't have that much of an affect on the Oxycodone at all. Your breathing will definitely be fine as it takes around 40mg Oxycodone on average to cause a person with absolutely no tolerance to overdose (also depends on person, I was up to 40mg doses within a couple weeks). Needless to say, I think you could take the full pill and be fine.

Do you experience any nausea at all when using opiates? If not I'd say take the full pill and enjoy/have a good time.

While I think shadowstryker defs knows what theyre talking about, I'd suggest halving the pill and taking it..if you want to make sure it works maybe down it with a sip or two of alcohol (But NO MORE) everyone's tolerance is different and everyone experiences different side effects when mixing..if you're new to oxy half the pill will still have you feeling good plus you get twice the fun!

While I think shadowstryker defs knows what theyre talking about, I'd suggest halving the pill and taking it..if you want to make sure it works maybe down it with a sip or two of alcohol (But NO MORE) everyone's tolerance is different and everyone experiences different side effects when mixing..if you're new to oxy half the pill will still have you feeling good plus you get twice the fun!
Depends what he's going for. If he just wants to feel warm/fuzzy then yeah I'd say halving the pill might be sufficient. If he wants to nod (what I aim for) them I'd say take the whole pill. I'd also suggest against mixing alcohol with opiates, that's not a good habit to get into.

20mgs is a buzz dose to someone whose body is opiate naïve, 15mgs would be fine too, including the valium will be fine if that's something that you take everyday already as your body expects its valium morning and night. Take your Valium and let that get into ur system first and then take your oxy IR to ensure you aren't unnecessarily over doing it, the initial hit may be uncomfortable (highly doubt it) if taken together. If its not valium time, then just take your oxy IR.

Take it easy, consensus says 15-20mgs is a nice recreational dose for the opiate naïve. Don't add any substance to the mix if you don't already take it daily (Valiums' fine, I recommend no alcohol because it softens the opiate effect for me and it's an obvious bad habit to get into, even though yes, a couple shots wont kill you but best to keep em separate).

Take care.

Depends what he's going for. If he just wants to feel warm/fuzzy then yeah I'd say halving the pill might be sufficient. If he wants to nod (what I aim for) them I'd say take the whole pill. I'd also suggest against mixing alcohol with opiates, that's not a good habit to get into.

Very true! You've got more experience than I from the looks of it..yeah true with the mixing alcohol..I do it because I know that I can limit my alcohol intake to a real minimum, but its different with everyone and too much is lethal.