• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I get more criticism from brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Then I do w you dear friends. My Christian brothers and sisters are so hypocritical.

Went on CF, wanted some comfort but was told that by my avatar which was just a picture of me that frankly they couldn’t believe I went through all I did.

I told him I don’t care if you don’t believe.

At least on here I see ppl suffering and wanting some sort of comfort.

Jesus was very ticked off at the self righteous.

Most people struggle to believe things are possible that they can't imagine happening themselves. It's unpleasant to imagine, and even more unpleasant to imagine a world in which such things happen. For many, it is worldview shattering, and understandably so.

It's probably much easier for them to imagine someone lying or exaggerating than accepting that such things are possible.

I try to judge peoples' character not by their religion, but by their actions. If someone behaves like an asshole, I don't see what good beautiful ideals will serve.

This post is extremely confusing. What is CF? What did you go through and what would it have to do with how you look?

CF. Is Christian forums. I’m not going to repeat what I’ve been thru. Just know it was hell on Earth.

And like me I have no clue what my profile picture has to do with me going they what I did.

The post was on another forum.

Your experience is the reason why many turn their back to the Christian faith, many that are devout members of organized churches tend to be judgmental and “cliche”ish.

I myself grew up around fairly devoted Christians. My step mother worked as the organ player/singer for a large Catholic Church. I know the lifestyle and the mentality well.

I CANNOT accept a faith that believes those who do not hear the word of god are barred from eternal heaven. (Research into NDE’s dictates this is wrong as well.) I cannot be a part of something that I feel has done so much wrong in the world.

With that said, I believe there is a Jesus, I’ve had multiple encounters with “him” over the years. Yet even then, I can’t be apart of it. I believe we’re all on different paths up the same mountain. It’s hard at the moment for us to see or understand how the others will get up but we all reach the same destination in the end. My “god” may be that of Christian god but I accept based on NDE research that he/she’s not the only god.

You may wind up like me.. A believer that practices their own version of faith in their own time because frankly that’s how it should be done. No man has more or less access to the divine than anyone else.

-GC

(edit)

sonicwhite, those people you encountered are ignorant. Those who have not had experiences with depression and the things you've been through, won't understand it. It's like when I was hospitalized in my early 20s, one of the staff members said "You look fine to me." People tend to judge based on appearances because they don't understand our mental anguish. They can't see it. So it's not a religious thing, it's how people are for the most part. We're not the norm.

There's comfort on this forum because the members here have been through similar situations and with these experiences bring empathy. It causes us to be able to relate to one another and have an understanding. It's a beautiful thing. That's what we're here for, to share our testimonies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your brain is worse off on drugs like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc

THIS.
I try not to post on religious type threads because I get so wound up. But ya, your brain is rotting way more by deluding yourself with religion than it is by just drugs. There's a reason that "Symptoms" of being religious are so similar to those of schizophrenia.
Also, try and remember that they are *not* your brothers and sisters. They are strangers online that you have a single thing in common with.

This thread has really gotten off topic, not that Sonic was entirely clear with his intended topic. I really appreciate the kind words, Sonic, I put a lot of energy and time into TDS for no monetary gain and only in hopes of helping others in the same way that others have helped me here in the past. Sorry not everyone is so supporting, but the truth is that many see those who disagree as threats, and we are simple creatures at the core. So even people who say and do shitty things may not necessarily be shitty people, imo, just react to their emotions and thoughts very poorly.

That said, I think one thread at a time in TDS is enough for you sonic, so lets try to keep it at that. I think you'll get more accurate responses and better discussion that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.