• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I found a single poppy plant (bulb w/ seeds & stem)

supercollider

Greenlighter
It looks a little old, I was not sure if this mattered. It is dry and I can hear the seeds inside if I shake the bulb... Is converting the plant (seeds) something worth doing or is it a lot of work?

I was wondering if there was a way to extract opium to produce some kind of opiate such as heroin from the bulb of seeds...

I know very little about how to go about this, but I DO know poppy plants are illegal to just have growing around, so i figured there was probably some way to make use out of it.

Suggestions?

-SC

A single poppy bulb probably contains 1~2mg of morphine. You can't do anything with just one.

Even the seeds... people who make poppy seed tea use kilogram quantities of seeds for one or two doses.

Never really saw one, except in TV of course but they apparently make few cuts and from that to heroin, I don't have the slightest idea.

I would just slice it, add it to some cream or water it down or something and serve milk of the poppy as a novelty at your next Game of Thrones viewing party.

For extra points, make other GoT themed hors d'ouvers such as the Fruit Bowl of Incestual Sin, Tyrion Trenchers of Stew, and lemon cakes.

Even if it was enough to do anything with, good luck isolating the morphine and getting ahold of the precursor Acetic Anhydride.

Even if it was enough to do anything with, good luck isolating the morphine and getting ahold of the precursor Acetic Anhydride.

Pffff i bet if he used glacial acetic acid he could at least create some 6-MAM and gunk. In trace amounts... or less.

Yeah short of a novelty and maybe making a novel tea (haha!) you cant do much else.

My neighbor threw some poppy seeds onto the public sidewalk garden. When I realized the flowers were poppies, I was very excited. Taking a cue from the Taliban, I snuck out in the middle of the night with a razor blade and diced the pods up, hoping to recover some opium sap. I returned the next day and nothing happened except for the fact that I ruined the beautiful poppies.

In Austin Texas a few places there is wild poppys growing like someone planted them. Like someone else said you need quite a couple of plants to get a good amount of the opium sap....