• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom I don't think I should quit kratom

true, but there is a middle ground to be found. I would not use drugs in front of my boss, or daughter, just two quick examples.
Agreed, the real question is... what is your favorite dinosaur, mine is a paradoxical

Good post drewbocop.

You're right, one of the worst things about having a kratom habit are the "logistical" aspects. But I've noticed that if I act completely natural, as if it was the most normal thing in the world, then most people don't think much about it (many don't even seem to pay attention).

I always try to prepare my daily dose beforehand though, I mix it with water and carry it in a random bottle, right now I'm using an Arizona blueberry white tea bottle but I change it often (mostly because it's bad to reuse plastic bottles). I'll use anything as long as it's opaque or has stickers that prevent you from seeing the liquid inside, this isn't mandatory but it adds an extra layer or discretion that can prove to be beneficial (for example if you're in your workplace). A stainless steel thermos might be the best alternative but I don't currently own one.

Once in a blue moon someone will ask me about my drink. I'll give different answers depending on the person, but here are a few ones I've used in the past: Matcha, a natural product, a natural product that's supposed to be good for you, chlorophyll, yerba mate, a green smoothie, I don't even know what's in it but x person told me it helps aid digestion, a disgusting green slurry, etc...
Long-term relationships are built on trust though, so in that case honesty would likely be the best approach. That being said, one doesn't always have to be 110% honest, there are many ways to tell the truth.
Yeah, that's all true. And honestly, I've made it sound way worse than it actually is. Just thoughts for consideration.

Hey ya'll. I stumbled on this website tonight at work and I think it might be a lifesaver. I've been a longtime on and off opioid user. I recently had a pretty bad breakdown....was at a point of opioids or a gun to blow my brains out. I couldn't find the pills but a friend scored me half a gram of heroin. That did the trick but now I'm hooked and a little scared to try to be sober again. I hate the suicidal depressing couple of weeks i seem to have every month. I'm already on antidepressants that don't work....and when i try to come off of them I have these god awful brain zaps that don't seem to go away and are exacerbated by my two weeks of suicidal depression....like my body doesn't absorb the antidepressant (cymbalta) those two weeks a month. but the beauty of the heroin is the zaps disappear completely. But it's illegal and my family would be wrecked if they found out. At a half gram a day of heroin, what strain and amount of kratom would you recommend replacing it with? Is there a brand more reliable than another? I bought some from the local headshop but i wasn't really sure what to do with it. it is definitely gross but then again so is heroin so taste really isn't that much of an issue. sorry this post is so long.

Hey ya'll. I stumbled on this website tonight at work and I think it might be a lifesaver. I've been a longtime on and off opioid user. I recently had a pretty bad breakdown....was at a point of opioids or a gun to blow my brains out. I couldn't find the pills but a friend scored me half a gram of heroin. That did the trick but now I'm hooked and a little scared to try to be sober again. I hate the suicidal depressing couple of weeks i seem to have every month. I'm already on antidepressants that don't work....and when i try to come off of them I have these god awful brain zaps that don't seem to go away and are exacerbated by my two weeks of suicidal depression....like my body doesn't absorb the antidepressant (cymbalta) those two weeks a month. but the beauty of the heroin is the zaps disappear completely. But it's illegal and my family would be wrecked if they found out. At a half gram a day of heroin, what strain and amount of kratom would you recommend replacing it with? Is there a brand more reliable than another? I bought some from the local headshop but i wasn't really sure what to do with it. it is definitely gross but then again so is heroin so taste really isn't that much of an issue. sorry this post is so long.

Welcome to bluelight, there is truly nothing like it on the internet.

I'd go with a red bali, dosed 5 grams every 4 hours. But you'll want to taper down before switching to kratom. Kratom doesn't work well for severe withdrawal. If your heroin contains fentanyl you are going to taper off as much as possible. Good luck and again welcome to bluelight.

The brands vary but all of the headshop stuff works usually. Some of it is pretty good actually. Get the powder not the capsules.

Welcome to bluelight, there is truly nothing like it on the internet.

I'd go with a red bali, dosed 5 grams every 4 hours. But you'll want to taper down before switching to kratom. Kratom doesn't work well for severe withdrawal. If your heroin contains fentanyl you are going to taper off as much as possible. Good luck and again welcome to bluelight.

The brands vary but all of the headshop stuff works usually. Some of it is pretty good actually. Get the powder not the capsules.
Thanks for the dose advice. And for the welcome. Not sure how strong the stuff here is. It’s enough to not fall into depression but not really a good euphoria. More like I can keep working until I drop kind of feeling.

I recommend Borneo red for a better opiate like feeling. If you know where to look it's cheap by there kilo.

i feel the same way as you except i only do like 2-4g of kratom a day and i never had any withdrawal symptoms. it might suck going a week off or something but i never really notice if i miss a day. i buy a kilo and it just lasts me almost a whole year. i dont see any reason to quit its really mild but i definitely feel it when normal opiates dont do much to me unless i take a lot and mix it with weed.

That's cool you can keep it so low with your dose. I always escalate quickly, can't seem to help myself. An ounce a day ends up not being enough and it goes up from there. My ex used to do kratom with me a couple of times a day but she only ever dosed 2 grams at a time, and never experienced any sort of withdrawal even after 5 years of consistent use. On the other hand I dosed a shit ton and always had terrible withdrawals.

I feel like I'm 50% kratom. I swear to god it made my eyes which used to be straight blue turn green. No real negative side effects, and with appropriate tolerance breaks (never completely, but I'll lower the dose so that when I return to my normal daily doses I feel it in a more pronounced way) it still retains its magic. I do go through periods where it has almost no effect at all but it comes and goes. Overall, I am a more stable and content person on it than off. My sober periods are just not as good. Could be PAWS maybe or it could be I just don't remember what normal is supposed to feel like since I've been in God Mode for so long.

I do retain a lot of guilt over it because deep down I still feel like I'm a junkie and that this habit is viewed negatively by normies. I fucked up my life real bad years ago and it still is and I haven't been in a real relationship in years. After I broke up with my fiancee and sent her packing I just kind of... stopped. And I think about how any woman I do meet will think about gulping down teaspoons of green powder and how I will explain it. It's a lot like methadone or suboxone in the way that you're constantly tied down to it. Going on vacation or being stuck away from home for extended periods I always have to be carrying a sample bag full of kratom and think of ways I can sneak away to take some if it's that time. Or carrying a shake bottle full of tea or green slurry. Those are the biggest problems. But overall the positives far outweigh any negatives, imagined or not.

Just another addiction and a far more benign one than all the others of my past. Even my mother approves because she was there for the big dogs and the resulting chaos.

I am in a relationship right now and I used to eat kratom in the bathroom.. which sounds ridiculous now because he knew sometimes I would pop pills or be acting funny here or there (which he was not happy about).

I told him about the kratom and started eating it in front of him instead of the bathroom trips. He did not care at all and he knew what it was. Just said he does not mind kratom at all, but hates oxy. "Normal" not-drug people can just be told that "its a supplement" or some sort of medicinal herb kind of thing that you need to take for bla bla bla. You can also tell them that its not an opiate, just a pain-killer alternative.

But yeah... heroin would send most people packing but not kratom unless the use was out of control. Kratom is just not really well-known by so many and even if it was, heroin's reputation proceeds kratom 10000x fold.