• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom I don't think I should quit kratom

Pumpkin. At first kratom was so dreamy and made me so sociable and outgoing. Then it made it lack motivation in the end. A circle. Yet still I would love to use crushed leaf tea and extract 3x a month or so as I do believe this would be therapeutic. But my current use has been abuse. And now i deal with rls after 36hrs give or take...?
I haven't tried crushed leaf to make a tea yet or an extract. but it's on my bucket list. I too abuse it as well. I know I use too much. Story of my life.

Only good thing is it causes me zero complications in my life. No downsides....yet.

Its like just as it hits the system lol. Im on edge from the start. but calm as well. Paradoxical. I want something more purely sedating. So I'm planning on switching to h...well we shall see how that goes. Planning to snort to begin.

I haven't tried crushed leaf to make a tea yet or an extract. but it's on my bucket list. I too abuse it as well. I know I use too much. Story of my life.

Only good thing is it causes me zero complications in my life. No downsides....yet.
Your lucky to have zero downsides.
I experience a gunking of the intenstines which effects all aspects of being, which is why i've switched pretty much to extracts and planning on using crushed leaf teas as well.

Its like just as it hits the system lol. Im on edge from the start. but calm as well. Paradoxical. I want something more purely sedating. So I'm planning on switching to h...well we shall see how that goes. Planning to snort to begin.
Well........Can't say as i like what you are going to switch too but I do understand why. I used to want more bang in my life as well. Certain things just wouldn't cut it or get me where I wanted to be. I'm older now and have experimented with most things and those things caused me grief, heartache, destruction and chaos.

Kratom is now my only option if I want any type of relief but I'm cool with that. Stay safe please. H isn't H anymore unless you aren't in the US <3

Your lucky to have zero downsides.
I experience a gunking of the intenstines which effects all aspects of being, which is why i've switched pretty much to extracts and planning on using crushed leaf teas as well.
Yeah it is for sure a boatload of plant material. Some people can't deal with it. My rock hard guts seem to be okay ....for now. There may come a day where I have to ease up as well. Then weed will be my only option. I'm never going back to anything I used to take. I can't. I won't survive it.

i hate weed but i depend on it i fear for introspective and creative purposes... so im off and on with the stuff... hard to find balance with even harder than with kratom for me.

i hate weed but i depend on it i fear for introspective and creative purposes... so im off and on with the stuff... hard to find balance with even harder than with kratom for me.
Same here with the weed. I will go weeks without smoking any and then I get the urge. Then I will smoke maybe a half joint a day for a few weeks then stop again. Weed makes me very lazy. Doesn't really matter which flavor or strain it is. So I usually only smoke when I know I have nothing else to do.

After a certain point as a musician i realized weed makes you no more or less creative it just makes you different than otherwise!

Beethoven was a genius, did he smoke weed? Idk i mean maybe someone more informed can enlighten me, but i love beethoven and I dont think he needed any drugs at all, period.

After a certain point as a musician i realized weed makes you no more or less creative it just makes you different than otherwise!
Yep. I read all the time about weed and creative music. I can't play any instruments and sing like an injured animal so there's that.

L

I used to be on 380mg/day of methadone. 240mg in the morning as soon as i woke up (usually 6am then tried to go back to sleep) and another 140mg around 6pm. Yet i still woke up cold and in mild yet not too mild withdrawal at around 5:30 am). Even when i fully woke up 8:00am i wouldn't feel whole till 9:30am. I would take a glorious nap at like 1:30pm though. Man i miss methadone sometime. Never did i enjoy food as i did when i was on methadone. Or TV. Never liked TV until i was on giant doses of methadone. The simple pleasures.
That’s the highest dose I’ve ever heard of someone taking regularly,

Beethoven was a genius, did he smoke weed? Idk i mean maybe someone more informed can enlighten me, but i love beethoven and I dont think he needed any drugs at all, period.
Didin't he almost drank himself to death? I believe he had cirrhosis.
Europeans didn't really smoke weed at the time, it was a pretty rare practice. Although smoking hash started getting popular in the 1800s IIRC.
Many health remedies contained cannabis extracts but it wasn't really seen as a drug (by today's definition).

I’ve been taking Kratom daily for a LONG time. Daily for 10 years and some change. At my peak, nearly a year ago I was taking 40-50gpd. Around that time I decided to do an extremely slow taper. At this point, I’m at 11gpd. When I started, each jump was easy. I simply went down a gram or two a week. For example I’d go from 45-43 and stay there for a week. I won’t feel a difference. But once I got into the low 20s it was a real slog. Now that I’m nearing double digits, I do get a bit uncomfortable for a couple or few days each time I drop a single gram. Which I never expected. Obviously not full blown withdrawal but it’s made me realize what a grip this plant has on me

Last edited:
You could try memantine. The latter is both a dopamine D2 agonist, which has been shown to abolish opioid withdrawal syndrome, as well as a NMDA antagonist, which actively lowers tolerance at mu by some receptor interaction. SSRIs offer some protection, but also have a price, serotonin itself is antinociceptive and will aid with restlessness, as does the D2 antagonism.

With venlafaxine (avoid this / use fluoxetine unless you want to switch dependencies for the worse) + memantine + pregabalin it was actually painless to stop morphine.

Kratom affects many different receptors and contains around 40 active ingredients, of which many haven't even been assayed yet. The mu-opioid agonism should exhibit somewhat more mild withdrawal than from morphine, as it's only a biased partial agonist .. sometimes just the knowledge about the possibility and prevalence of withdrawal can fuck with your mind, as an active nocebo.. I've been on morphine for around 3 years straight and thought to never get off maintenance but it wasn't that hard at all. Venlafaxine's another story :( but yeah maybe I was just lucky..

OP. Of you wanna stop. Drop each dose by 0.5g. you won't feel the difference and as long as you keep going down you will get off it eventually.
If it's gonna be made illegal or of you need to stop for another reason. Very slow taper will definitely work.

I think you're thinking of Van Gogh drinking absinthe. Perhaps... I know fuck all about Beethoven.

You are a better man then I negro. I probably would have caved that first night if I had a stash in the house and was flopping around in bed like a fish. Keep on keeping on, sounds like you are making great progress. You using the black seed oil again and if so is it helping? You recommended it to me awhile ago but still haven't gotten any yet, need to do something about that...

You are a better man then I negro. I probably would have caved that first night if I had a stash in the house and was flopping around in bed like a fish. Keep on keeping on, sounds like you are making great progress. You using the black seed oil again and if so is it helping? You recommended it to me awhile ago but still haven't gotten any yet, need to do something about that...
I've ordered some, following negro's advice. In my case it works wonderfully, better than the agmatine I was already using. 2000mg (4x500mg capsules) causes a significant reduction in withdrawal, about 50%-75% I would say. As a point of reference, I'm now using around 25-28g of kratom per day in 2 sessions but am slowly tapering down, aiming for 15g per day and eventually skipping days. As soon as I get a new supply I'm going to try combining the black seed oil with some agmatine and perhaps speed up the taper that way. YMMV of course, agmatine doesn't work for everyone either