• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom I don't think I should quit kratom

I'm glad you quit oxy. I'm glad you put your foot down. I'm glad you are a shit lover.

I'm not glad that you were so bored you had to troll a serious HR thread. It's in poor taste.

There are people on here that quit reading the threads when your kind comes along and mucks them up.

Love,

The Crybaby

And what is getting online and taking about quitting Kratom going to do? If you’re going to quit then quit. Put your foot down and do it. You can’t die from the wd’s.
I was addicted to oxy at one point and I quit. I just put my foot down and did it. If a shit lover like me can do it so can anyone.
Grow up you little crybaby.

Final warning with this sort of stuff. Not helpful and abusive. Will start issuing warnings/infractions if you continue in this manner.

Don't mind the disruptive guy posting nonsense and calling people crybabies for being addicted to drugs. He has a long history on this site of trolling in this manner, getting banned for long periods of time, and when his ban lets up, coming back to do it again. Kind of sad, really. He's banned again so we can move on.

I hope so!

I'm quitting kratom currently, I used agmatine to taper a bit to only dosing twice a day for a couple of days, and today I took a bit of suboxone. I have just enough to take it 3 times. I'm dosing every 3 days to avoid switching dependencies. Tomorrow nothing (the duration is such that I get 2 days of relief), and then loperamide the next day, then another dose. Etc. I've done it this way before. But a friend sent me about a pound of kratom, along with the bupe strip, which I didn't expect. So gonna give it to a friend who uses it so I don't have any to tempt me.

I just started my kratom cold turkey today. Its been about 2 months of 35g a day. Stupidly i took a large dose before i went to bed last night knowing it was last dose: 6g red bali and an OPMS liquid shot (which is like 10g equivalent).

I feel ok today just yawning, edginess and aches and pain. Let see what happens.

Took some black seed oil and agmatine. Don't want to take benzos since a single dose gives me a nasty rebound due to monster benzo addictions in my past. Problem is my girlfriends sister is having a birthday part on Saturday during the peak of this cold turkey and i have to go (last weekend her dad spent all day with his 5 friends helping me transport a 9 foot pool table so i am obligated). Probably gonna be crawling out of skin with those weird surges of restlessness and a benzo is probably going to be necessary. Which means ill be sick from that too.

This is the first time im CT'ing kratom while still having a large supply in my possession. Usually i take it all then CT so i don't get tempted. Lets see what happens.

Im not a big weed user but it kind of helps kratom withdrawal (more so than other opioid withdrawal syndromes). Dose too and and it does the opposite though.

Not for me, I start to get withdrawal within 4 hours of my last dose, though it doesn't get bad until later. Whenever I start using kratom it becomes an every 4-6 hours thing pretty quickly. I dose right before bed and wake up with a runny nose, watery eyes, restless legs, and anxiety/depression. In fact it gets so bad that I always feel slightly withdrawaly, even right after dosing.
This is my experience with kratom. I reach a point where I always feel like I am in withdrawal no matter how much I take. I can't sleep when I'm taking kratom and my mouth feels like a desert but I am getting up every 30 minutes to pee. Its crap to me and totally untenable as a maintenance drug but to each their own because I'm just an old head, longtime opiate addict.

Last edited:
Kratom has a serious withdrawal syndrome. Anybody who can stomach taking enough of the stuff daily can and will suffer painful withdrawal. As I've gotten older I've learned that the length and frequency of your use actually determines the severity of withdrawal as much as the size of doses. So no one should ever make light of someone's struggles with kratom. Many an ex heroin addict is stuck on the powder.

Last edited:
Yeah the shaming that occurs from some harder opiate addicts against kratom addicts always pisses me off. Are they as bad as heroin withdrawal? No. But they are still awful.

Opiate addiction is opiate addiction. I went from oxycontin, to heroin, to poppy seeds to poppy pods, to methadone, back to heroin, to fentanyl and now back to methadone again with the odd months of kratom somewhere in that mix over the last 25yrs and none of it has been easy.

But I will say kratom would be preferable, though methadone works better as maintenance for me.

I'm 24 hours into 35g/day cold turkey.

Symptoms:

My joints hurt, especially knees
Yawning constantly
Eyes tearing
A bit restless

Psychological and emotionally I feel better. No significant anxiety only physical.

I rarely smoke weed but I smoked a little as it helps kratom withdrawal. I've had 5 weak beers but this is typical.

Lets see how i sleep. Will dose50mg of seroquel sublingually to sleep. I've been here maybe 10 times. Never that bad though sometimes out of nowhere a weird restlessness will hit me on on day 3 or 4 that is pretty much unbearable that requires a benzo. No doubt it sucks.

I'm 24 hours into 35g/day cold turkey.

Symptoms:

My joints hurt, especially knees
Yawning constantly
Eyes tearing
A bit restless

Psychological and emotionally I feel better. No significant anxiety only physical.

I rarely smoke weed but I smoked a little as it helps kratom withdrawal. I've had 5 weak beers but this is typical.

Lets see how i sleep. Will dose50mg of seroquel sublingually to sleep. I've been here maybe 10 times. Never that bad though sometimes out of nowhere a weird restlessness will hit me on on day 3 or 4 that is pretty much unbearable that requires a benzo. No doubt it sucks.
For Sure, not fun anytime.... I'm one of those people that gets significant PAWS as well after any opiate detox, including kratom and I consider that as part of the withdrawal process.

I'm sitting here waiting for 4am in a few hours for the methadone clinic to open so I can get my weekly take homes. I've been taking a little extra on the side and I accidentally ran through my take homes as of about 36hrs ago. Not looking forward to camping out Infront of the clinic to preserve my spot in line for hours, waiting for them to open to get my weeklies like it's black Friday for junkies. Mess around and you can get caught up in line for up to 4hrs. Yep that's how I rode out Covid almost everyday before I was getting takehomes. The joys...

I swear there was a fight every other day.

L
For Sure, not fun anytime.... I'm one of those people that gets significant PAWS as well after any opiate detox, including kratom and I consider that as part of the withdrawal process.

I'm sitting here waiting for 4am in a few hours for the methadone clinic to open so I can get my weekly take homes. I've been taking a little extra on the side and I accidentally ran through my take homes as of about 36hrs ago. Not looking forward to camping out Infront of the clinic to preserve my spot in line for hours, waiting for them to open to get my weeklies like it's black Friday for junkies. Mess around and you can get caught up in line for up to 4hrs. Yep that's how I rode out Covid almost everyday before I was getting takehomes. The joys...

I swear there was a fight every other day.

I used to be on 380mg/day of methadone. 240mg in the morning as soon as i woke up (usually 6am then tried to go back to sleep) and another 140mg around 6pm. Yet i still woke up cold and in mild yet not too mild withdrawal at around 5:30 am). Even when i fully woke up 8:00am i wouldn't feel whole till 9:30am. I would take a glorious nap at like 1:30pm though. Man i miss methadone sometime. Never did i enjoy food as i did when i was on methadone. Or TV. Never liked TV until i was on giant doses of methadone. The simple pleasures.

L

I used to be on 380mg/day of methadone. 240mg in the morning as soon as i woke up (usually 6am then tried to go back to sleep) and another 140mg around 6pm. Yet i still woke up cold and in mild yet not too mild withdrawal at around 5:30 am). Even when i fully woke up 8:00am i wouldn't feel whole till 9:30am. I would take a glorious nap at like 1:30pm though. Man i miss methadone sometime. Never did i enjoy food as i did when i was on methadone. Or TV. Never liked TV until i was on giant doses of methadone. The simple pleasures.
This is my second go around. I was on 180mgs from 2003-2014 on and off, mostly on. It was only 40mgs from a private Doc at the end.

I just got back on this year. I stopped at 60mgs this time but I've been screwin' up lately and buying a couple of extra 70mgs bottles weekly, like a dumbass..... I gotta get level because it's actually affecting my sleep and appetite.

I actually remember surfing bluelight almost 20yrs ago and reading about you slamming pharma fent on top of that dose.
I was a opiate maniac myself taking upto 480mgs and Xanax bars on occasion. I'm honestly lucky to be alive. I'm afraid my hep-c is going to get me before an overdose if I don't do something about it.

Good posts to wake up to this morning. I am getting some good info and can possibly put my kratom use into a proper perspective. I'm not on a high a dose as some but it's been a 2 year daily habit. Frankly I'm surprised that this head shop kratom is still cutting it for me. I can still feel as little as 4 grams.

But , like smoking ciggies, I am tired of having to dose the stuff. I want to be happy with just weed but weed doesn't offer the different variety of feelings that I enjoy with kratom. I like the fact that it's a popular substance as I get so much good info from other users.

Good posts to wake up to this morning. I am getting some good info and can possibly put my kratom use into a proper perspective. I'm not on a high a dose as some but it's been a 2 year daily habit. Frankly I'm surprised that this head shop kratom is still cutting it for me. I can still feel as little as 4 grams.

But , like smoking ciggies, I am tired of having to dose the stuff. I want to be happy with just weed but weed doesn't offer the different variety of feelings that I enjoy with kratom. I like the fact that it's a popular substance as I get so much good info from other users.
For me the main advantage of kratom over weed is that with kratom I am insanely productive while with weed I just want to chill and do non-productive fun stuff. These COVID lockdowns in combination with quitting weed and picking up kratom have made this the most productive period of my life, by a huge margin. I've started like 6 new hobbies and at work it's going so well that I got a promotion to a managing function. I just can't sit still and just chill when I'm using kratom. I've been a daily weed smoker for 18 years (and I'm only 32 years old) and the downsides began to faaaaaarrrr outweigh the benefits while with kratom it is exactly the other way around. It's a shame about the withdrawal indeed, but if I can find a way to keep my usage the same (it could be that this will turn out to be impossible) I can see myself using kratom for the rest of my life. After having tapered down to 30g a day I can feel 4g of kratom too indeed, I usually dose 5-5,5 grams as a first dose though

Last edited:
@BlueBull You just described my use of weed and kratom to a tee. Seriously. I am exactly like you on the 2 substances. Kratom gets me productive, chatty, outgoing, and the like. Weed makes me turn on Netflix or sit around contemplating my navel. So weird that it affects us the same way.

That is why I have been reluctant to stop dosing. I'm not on any other meds and kratom relieves any anxiety or depression I may have lingering in my brain. I actually believe it helps with so many ailments I used to have. I have an appetite, I sleep well, I get all my daily duties done and I haven't had any side effects from it at all to this date. Had I known about Kratom 10 years ago I would not have derailed my life with pharms that I acquired to treat my symptoms. Spent a boatload of money buying my " friends" scripts and just went off the deep end. 2 years ago I heard about kratom, told my connects they were shit out of luck and were getting no more bank from me, and quit all pharms. I can honestly say that these past 2 years have been the most stable I have ever been and it is all due to kratom. I'm never going back to my old life. I kissed it goodbye.

Okay question for people here who use kratom daily or daily for periods of time or just frequently. Do you use the powdered form? Personally I have used the powdered form for the most part because it is what is available and cheapest bang for you buck. However, I have also used the crushed leaf (strain out the kratom ((it is like tea leaf consistency)), downside is that you have to use like twice as much leaf and its more expensive and takes more time to prepare etc.) but, the CRUSHED LEAF FELT WAY CLEANER, than the GOOPY SLUDGY POWDER. Anyone else like crushed leaf? or Extracts instead?

I can honestly say that these past 2 years have been the most stable I have ever been and it is all due to kratom. I'm never going back to my old life. I kissed it goodbye.
Stable is the opposite of what chronic kratom use does to me! At first I think it did, but now it makes me cranky far too often...I wish I could used a large dose like 3 times a month instead of like using it 20+ times monthly.

Pumpkin. At first kratom was so dreamy and made me so sociable and outgoing. Then it made it lack motivation in the end. A circle. Yet still I would love to use crushed leaf tea and extract 3x a month or so as I do believe this would be therapeutic. But my current use has been abuse. And now i deal with rls after 36hrs give or take...?

Stable is the opposite of what chronic kratom use does to me! At first I think it did, but now it makes me cranky far too often...I wish I could used a large dose like 3 times a month instead of like using it 20+ times monthly.
Hi. Sorry you get cranky from it. Is the cranky part when it starts to wear off or while it's active in your system? When I first started taking it I was also just going to dose maybe once a week. When I found out it pretty much cured my depression and anxiety I started taking it every day.

When I popped pills certain ones would make me cranky when I was on them. I have read other threads where opioids make people feel that way.