• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I don't get dope sick, really

withdrawals actually seemed to feel good! so strange! and i had incredible life affirming lucid dreams which were so powerful that they were better than 99 percent of the drug experiences i have ever had

This is pretty interesting. I got these dreams too but the WDs never felt good to me. Only when the acute phase is over and the emotions set in again and such.
I am looking forward to that again. Gonna kick it in a week using some Kratom...

I know some people with real big habits who can "power through" WD's pretty impressively. I guess it all depends on the individual.

^How this is possible is beyond me. I get very intense WD's from "only" ~0,5mg of Buprenorphine a day.

OP is posting his story in multiple threads though. Not the best thing credibility wise...

If I've mentioned this FACT about myself in other threads, why is that somehow a credibility issue? Again, what purpose do I have to lie about this at all?

When people say you don't get dope sick yet, they don't mean it is going to hit in the next couple days, they mean if you keep using then eventually you will become dependent and go through WDs. If you think you can just keep using opiates forever and won't eventually start to get sick then you are fooling yourself.

I did opiates on and off for 3-4 years with periods where I'd use everyday for 3 months straight, or not use at all for a couple months, but generally was using 5 days out of 10 and nodding as much I could before I started to get really sick, and my addiction went out of control and had me trying my best to stay dosed 24/7 before my physical dependence required it...and it took about a year for my WDs to progress from a runny nose with sore muscles, to being too tired to move, to stomach issues, to restless legs and sweat soaked bed sheets and eventually the full on dope sick that every long time addict eventually gets to know all too well, it comes in stages and for some people it happens quickly and some it takes longer, but no one is immune to it.

Even after hearing this you will probably be telling yourself "Well when I start to notice those symptoms I'll just stop or slow down", but for most people the mental addiction is nearing its peak just as withdrawals are beginning to creep in and when they start to notice minor WD symptoms they will rationalize their use instead of quitting and by the time you admit to yourself that your addiction is out of control and you have a problem you've gone and made yourself dependent so when you WANT to quit you CAN'T.

Last edited:
When people say you don't get dope sick yet, they don't mean it is going to hit in the next couple days, they mean if you keep using then eventually you will become dependent and go through WDs. If you think you can just keep using opiates forever and won't eventually start to get sick then you are fooling yourself.

I did opiates on and off for 3-4 years with periods where I'd use everyday for 3 months straight, or not use at all for a couple months, but generally was using 5 days out of 10 and nodding as much I could before I started to get really sick, and my addiction went out of control and had me trying my best to stay dosed 24/7 before my physical dependence required it...and it took about a year for my WDs to progress from a runny nose with sore muscles, to being too tired to move, to stomach issues, to restless legs and sweat soaked bed sheets and eventually the full on dope sick that every long time addict eventually gets to know all too well, it comes in stages and for some people it happens quickly and some it takes longer, but no one is immune to it.

Even after hearing this you will probably be telling yourself "Well when I start to notice those symptoms I'll just stop or slow down", but for most people the mental addiction is nearing its peak just as withdrawals are beginning to creep in and when they start to notice minor WD symptoms they will rationalize their use instead of quitting and by the time you admit to yourself that your addiction is out of control and you have a problem you've gone and made yourself dependent so when you WANT to quit you CAN'T.

The last sentences are the truth man. Opiates really do rewire your brain. It's not even that your lieing to yourself I found, more that the opiates rechange your brains chemistry to the point where dope becomes seemingly as important to live as water, food, and shelter. Usually dope becomes the #1 thing on that list, and most addicts still will rationalize and "pretend" they have it all under control. And usually, you truly trick yourself, or the drugs do, into really thinking you have it all under control. Meanwhile your entire life falls apart around you, and you only finally admit your addiction when your dope sick and have lost everything are wondering what the fuck happened to you.

32 days clean today for me, from iv heroin and fentanyl. Damn opiates are insidious motherfuckers.

Last edited:
Cool story bro....

That's exactly the kinda response I woulda given someone when I was still trying to pretend I wasn't an addict lol... I bet you use opiates recreationally right? You're just a "chipper", it could NEVER happen to you right? You got it all under control.

Last edited:
"I don't get dope sick, YET."

There, fixed it for you. Just keep using every day. You'll get there.
This game you're playing in your head isn't fooling anyone and you shouldn't let it fool you either.

That's exactly the kinda response I woulda given someone when I was still trying to pretend I wasn't an addict lol... I bet you use opiates recreationally right? You're just a "chipper", it could NEVER happen to you right? You got it all under control.

My response was directed the OP, as it just seems like pointless dick sizing, I use heroin, I don't get sick, I'm totally winning bro, nah, the reality is, you play with fire you're bound to get burnt.

I use hydrocodone or codeine a few times out the month, two days or three days, been doing so for years, never got addicted.

bottom line w/ opiates is:

the WORSE WILL ALWAYS COME IF YOU CONTINUE!

we've all said.. "addiction will never hit me". "I will never do more than XXX daily". "the most I'd ever use is". "I'd bet my life I would never touch heroin". "well, ill just sniff the heroin but those who shoot it are disgusting". "I'll only shoot half the bag rather than the whole bag so I save money, thats why I shoot".

many of us have been there, done it, lived it.. unfortunately. when I was sniffing 8 30's a day, I would have bet MY LIFE at that time that I would never touch heroin, never mind shoot. when I made the switch to heroin, I would have bet MY LIFE, again, that I would never shoot. well, when the day came and I started shooting, I didnt have many more lives to bet, ya know!?

How long have you been off methadone? Are you entirely opiate free now? How many days.

Good job btw.

thanks doooood. i've been off it for around 20 days. and I haven't used. I'm just waiting for that other shoe to drop tho, I wake up every morning panicking that I'm gonna be withdrawing. And then I realize I'm not. I mean I'm tired as shit, don't get me wrong. And a little sweaty. But everyone told me that methadone withdrawal was OMG WORST SHIT EVER. Honestly heroin fucked with me waaaay worse.

32 days clean today for me, from iv heroin and fentanyl. Damn opiates are insidious motherfuckers.

Just wanted to give you props for that. Keep it that way :)
I am too pussy to kick my small Bupe-Habit right now after relapsing when I actually felt much better without opiates. I already made it, and got back on the same train again because I thought using once or twice would not book me an all inclusive ticket again...so foolish :\

I know this is an old thread, but if I know if I were in your position, I would definitely put some nice gaps in my using. That is if you wanted to continue to use recreationally. I would give anything to be able to take those breaks without my whole world crashing down. Not to mention financially how that could help.
The point is, if you continue to use daily, I can't imagine your lucky streak lasting forever. One day you will be shitting your pants missing the days when you never felt dope sick.
❤️