• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I don't get a "rush" when I IV heroin...?

infinitirose

Greenlighter
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed appropriate. So I recently switched up from a substantial IV oxycodone and methadone habbit to an IV heroin habbit, only because I moved and you just can't find the pills here but the heroin is everywhere. Until now I'd only done heroin a couple times, when I couldn't find the pills. Both times it was black tar, and both times the rush and high felt identical to a good shot of roxis, but the rush lasted much longer, like a full 20 seconds or more as opposed to the usual 5-7 second rush.
Anyway, since starting here, I've went through 3 different dealers, and gotten 3 different types of shit. Typical China white, the brown sugar looking stuff, and some odd grey hard rocks that reminded me of dry plaster. I've gotten the latter 2 multiple times now, but all 3 have successfully gotten me very high, so no complaints there, but none of them have given me a rush, at all...??? I'm sad because I mean that's why i do what I do lol
I've been erring on the side of caution because overdose is so common up here, but no matter how big or small the shot there's still no rush. Typically if I've done a big enough shot I start to feel "something" about 45 seconds after I shoot. Then it kicks into full affect about 5 mins later. Like I said it's getting me high just fine but it's feinding me out so back because I just miss the godly sensation of a good full body oxy rush or even the muscle crushing methadone "rush" it's so weird to do a shot and not feel anything immediately.
Anyway hope this is violating any rules. I know IV isn't harm reduction but I figure people are going to do it anyway, and if others any responses experiencing this learning a bit about it may prevent accidental overdose for ppl chasing the rush and doing too big a shot

Sounds to me like you've got a tolerance. The methadone and Oxy would have something to do with that. Here's the thing, that does NOT mean shoot more.. heaven help you, you will OD. I have been exactly where you are, so I thought to myself I should do more and try a different dealer. Lucky I lived through that. Will never use such distorted thinking again. And be careful with China White, just reading that name out loud makes me fold my arms. I have read that dealers will dose one or two hits out of the batch with Fentanyl to attract users... That's so uncool I could murder those guys.

Bring your tolerance down. You say H is rampant where you are, that would mean a clinic is nearby logically speaking... get on Subs for a bit. They are easy to taper and bring your tolerance down, plus they kill cravings. If you try that, you may never even want to get back on H.. who's to know.

But reading your post, and knowing so many people to OD.. you are playing with fire. Be safe, please.

Tha k you, yeah I've been too afraid to try just shooting more, there have been a lot of ODS around here, for the exact reason you said, they were cutting it with fentanal, it's awful. I was going to a methadone clinic for awhile before I moved up here, I'd slipped up a few months prior tho and was shooting the oxy as well as taking my methadone :/ I'd usually do about 90mgs of oxy per shot and funds willing I'd do 3-5 shots a day so I figured my tolerance was up there. I just figured since H is so strong I'd feel it better, but like I said it still gets me high, I'll usually feel a nice nod a little after my 2nd shot, I would love to go to a clinic and get subs or done again, they do have quite a few up here but I'm just up here with my partner while he works, and I don't have a car, and as shitty as it sounds I stay home.with our baby all day. There's just no way I could find a way to the clinic every morning. The closest one is about 4 1/2 miles from where I'm staying so I could walk but not with the he baby. Maybe if I got a stroller. It's worth the healing the healing my partner about tho, he may be willing to helo, tho he has the same habits and he'd probably say no because he couldn't go to. He's in thehealkingohoohe oilfeild so there's no way he'd be able to work around a clinics schedule. Sometimes he's stuck on location for 3 days at a time :( I'll definitely be careful tho, I'm not going to up my shots. Like I said, as awful as it sounds I'm alone lone with our son most of the day so I can't afford to OD while I'm watching him. I always msg my partner before I do a shot too, that way if something does happen and he doesn't hear from me he knows to worry. Thank you for the advice!

I don't know how it is where you live, but I'm in California and I was getting scripts of Suboxone. At first my doc wanted me in once a week, then it was once a month for several months, then I stopped Subs. My roomate in rehab was from Colorado and he had a giant script of 12mg Suboxone strips in a box. The beauty of Subs is if you have strips, you can cut them down. An 8mg strip lasted me 16 days toward the end, because I was cutting down to .5mg. The lifesaver with that shit is it kills cravings. I had no desire to snort a line, fill a rig, or smoke any sort of opioid. I have read pregnant women use Suboxone, please don't quote me on that, correct me if I'm wrong. Subs saved my life, no doubt with that, so I will praise that stuff all day.

I too was using methadone on top of the Blue Roxies... My supplier lost methadone and I turned to heroin because it was available and cheap.. but it was purely maintenance at that point, my tolerance was shot... and like I said, I tried going after a rush and it almost frickin killed me. I had to accept that I was not going to get a rush from H. And thankfully, I found Suboxone.

Relapses are part of the disease we have.. but knowing where they come from and when/how they will blindside you can save your life. They tell me I'm rationalizing, and then they ask me when it will blindside me. WTF?! Am I rationalizing or am I answering the question? I relapsed 4x before I found the Sub taper and never got "blindsided" on the maintenance, I purely never craved painkillers. I say this for the obvious... you have a baby.. How precious that is. You want to be there for you baby. Trust me, he/she will want to be raised by the natural parents!

^
Barada...typically suboxone is not indicated for pregnant women due to the naloxone that it contains. Subutex (no naloxone, just bupe) is a more typical med during pregnancy. Methadone is also an old mainstay.