• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I could really use some advice

Bliss26

Bluelighter
@@MODS PLEASE MOVE TO OD OR BDD, I can't select a prefix or post there)@@

Hey guys. Well I'm just going to lay it all down even though it's scary to do so.
I am a Chromic Pain pt who gets meds from my GP (not the right "candidate' for pain clinic". He has me on 4 X 20 oxy ER and 2 X 5mg oxyIR daily.
My problem is I always go thru them early. I can't seem to find a good spot between low pain and sleeping a normal amount. I take until it's done and then I'm up the creek.
I do "come into some" but the cost is getting out of hand. I feel like I've been lying to myself. Justifying spending it as a medical need, yards yada. Problem is there's always a reason, it's always a special month I can't be without. Or I tell myself next month will be different. I will use my lock box.
I can't say prices but let's just say it costs double my mortgage payment to cover the 10-14 days. Just typing this makes me feel awful.
I need to stop hemorrhageing money. I would be happy with half a mortgage pymt- beyond that is excessive.
I considered methadone. Bupe is not available here afaik. But I have surgeries and am beyond scared my pain will not be treated. Along with smaller fears of my pharmisoct thinking bad of me. And other people finding out. I also don't know if methadone would cover pain?
It's a very scary choice. How do other people decide when it's not imminent ( I don't have the "lifestyle" and could theoretically keep going indefinitely like this.

It's good that you recognize this is becoming a problem. You could ask your GP if they would be agreeable to you trying it. I had a pm doctor give me 40 mg oxy IR during the day and 10 mg methadone at bedtime. It helped me so I wouldn't wake up in pain.

Also you can check out the Pain Management mega thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...onic-and-Acute-Pain-Discussion)-Version-5-0-V

Homeless --------- > Other Drugs

Thank you for the reply.
Did you find that methadone quieted the yearning you got for added doses of oxy?
Did you find that methadone reduced the efficacy of your oxy? I thought that was the main selling point of methadone for addicts. Perhaps only higher doses?

For me personally i liked the high of methadone better. Its cheaper and lasts longer almost times 2. On the downside though.... It lasts longer. i found personally the doses i took at the time i was in bad shape was 360mg oxy to feel anything, wheres i only needed 200mg of methadone. But if you come up short on you methadone and cant find more no other opiate will be able to help you for about a week. I couldnt feel a high OP dose at ALL, 8 days later. If you think your gonna be on pain meds the rest of your days then see about methadone, personally i wouldnt ever wanna withdrawal on it. just my opinion, take care.