• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I can't handle stupid people anymore

My housemate is a schizophrenic friend who tried some meth a couple nights ago. He's on haldol, invega, and a few other psychotropics. I ask him if he is taking his meds tonight and he said he wasn't going to because he didn't want to ruin the high. I warned him he could get psychotic, and woke up last night to him screaming in his room.

Oh boy, I see your housemate is still a pain in the ass. That dude is way too erratic and unpredictable, plus he's prone to violence. I'd sleep with a knife.

Different house mate, but i can confidently say they are all prone to violence. Everyone i live with has a criminal record.

172Ok6T.png

Handling stupid people is all of our jobs, by which i mean, the entirely of the human race, in some form or other. If you can't handle stupid people you're just passing the buck to everyone else. You might as well say "I can't handle walking, will you carry me?". Lol, but no. You are free to go live in the forest, self sufficient, away from the stupid, while the rest of us figure out how best to handle the stupids before they do something REALLY stupid.

Y'know what... saying you can't handle stupid people is selfish, an east way to just check out of everything the rest of us are doing to UNFUCK things as best we can, even if progress seems slow and success impossible at times, but what else is there?

If you don't figure out a way to deal with the many, many stupids in the world, you are really letting the team down and risking things getting even stupider while you're gone.😏 I would even venture to say it's stupid to announce that you want to check out of the process, because the more non-stupid people just check out, the STUPIDER the world becomes.

Stupid people dont have the same level of brain or at least "general intelligence" as we do (fuck it, I'll narcissice it up a little 😛). To put it bluntly. They don't know what they're doing! If you had a dog that shat on the floor too often, would you tolerate it or throw it out? In any case, unfortunately we're all stuck here with the stupids for the foreseeable future so we gotta just work with it. And stupids aren't all bad, some of em are entertaining, for many other reasons that their stupidly.

I just can't. On the one hand you have people who are totally unwilling to learn anything new, and on the other you have people who are actively lying because it serves some kind of personal or political agenda. You could be a total expert in your field but no matter how much you inform them, they will continue to cling to ignorance or, worse, they will continue spouting the same lie over and over. Eventually, if that lie gains enough agenda-based popularity, it becomes the truth.

The populism I'm seeing is incredibly frustrating but there's nothing I can do to curb it. All it takes is enough populists getting into government, and enough time, and their stupidity becomes societal dogma.

The house is on fire and people are still trying to act like it's not, either by feigning ignorance or outright trying to keep people ignorant of the truth.

This is how wars start, both civil and foreign. This is how people become indecent and commit murders, when they get so angry at how stupid some people are that they just want the madness to stop.

Stupid people. They are the cause of all that ails this planet.

So the question is... do I just sit back, stop fighting, and watch it all burn? Or do I continue trying to be a point on the map that still wants to uphold things like intellectual integrity, honesty, and compassion for life?

At what point do you throw in the towel and just preserve all the enlightened wonders you've achieved for yourself and your loved ones, and stop trying to share it with humanity?

Because clearly there is mass hypnosis going on and there is a growing trend of anti-truth that denies reality.

It just angers me that there are so many solutions lying in wait but they won't be endorsed because populists won't STFU. To know that things COULD be better, but they aren't because of stupid people, is something I'm having a really hard time letting go of.

I wouldn't even care about these stupid people, but they are achieving real power now which is a big problem.
Ted was right.

The only solution is to find a few good souls, build cabins in the woods and get off the grid. Rebuild civilization.